City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Great Environment with Worklife Balance
Senior Council Assistant - Office of Ward (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
I enjoyed working with the City of Edmonton as it was a comfortable and respectable working environment. There are many benefits along with work life balance.
Excellent Company to work for
Labourer II (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 January 2018
Excellent Company to work for.
I never left the company, but the company has undergone new management to EPCOR. I had to transition to EPCOR. Work culture is great.
Best place to work
Parks and recreation leader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 January 2018
I love working here. Staff is friendly and very helpful. You are always busy but it’s fun. Working with kids and Genral public is the best. Lots of fun!
Project Manager (Contract) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 December 2017
My time there was good. Friendly and helpful team ready to support you. The project turned out slightly different than was advertised but a great experience.
great place to work
Labour 2/truck driver 3 (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 December 2017
I really appreciate the job I have with the City of Edmonton, they treat their employees very well and I just hope to get a permanent job with them soon...
fast paced, variety of work
CPIC Operator – Edmonton Police Service (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 November 2017
Everyday in CPIC is different. It is a fast paced, busy, multitasking requiring job that keeps your mind occupied.

CPIC runs on teams and each team has their own ways of doing things and completing tasks but each team is like a mini work family and generally get along with each other. Some teams also do team building activities outside of work, which has been a lot of fun.

Management I do not find it be very good, in my opinion there is lots of favoring and bullying.

Hardest part of the job is the shiftwork and 12 hour shifts, they are long and draining, however the work and being a vital part of the policing in Edmonton is a huge benefit!!.
Fun Learning experience
Business Analyst (Summer Student) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 November 2017
Working for the City was a very rewarding and fun experience. As a summer student you are tasked with multiple responsibilities and are expected to adequately follow through on every one. Excellent job experience and fun people. 10/10 recommend
Fun, energetic work place. had a gym at the base.
Refuse Collector and Labourer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 November 2017
Working as a refuse collector for the city of Edmonton was A job different from any other. The amount of energy needed for this job was amazing! I enjoyed the workout every day. Teamwork at this job was crucial or the day turns out hard. The hardest part of this job is working overtime and fewer breaks. After throwing 40,000 lbs garbage gets tiring.
Pros
Good Workout
Cons
Easy to be injured
political
Conventional Transit Operator (Former Employee) –  Whitecourt, AB2 November 2017
political and management is discriminatory. for a city operation there is a lot of favoritism. work hard and under valued as employee. men rule woman work even harder.
Election
Election - Assistant Presiding Deputy (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 November 2017
Was employed only for the election and enjoyed working it and meeting new people. It was very well organized and would definitely work it again. City of Edmonton is a company I would really enjoy working with.
Productive and great place to work
Business Assessment Word/Data Processing Clerk III (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
Busy work environment. I learned to deal with all types of people.
Supervisors were great.
Learning to deal with difficult people
Excellent co-workers.
Pros
Great benefits, over all great place to work
Cons
Management could be more involved.
Easy to move up
Members Experiences Liaison - Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB1 November 2017
The culture behind the job is fine, the city promotes safe work. Management can be very unorganized and patrons can get abusive, which is the hardest part of the job. The city does pay way better than anyone else in the industry.
Great Work Environment
Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 October 2017
very friendly and accommodating staff that perform fantastic on the job training. As a supply chain major, I learned a lot about the warehousing/logistics industry.
Fun Place to work with
Recreational Facility Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 October 2017
Flexible hours, supervisors are understanding and great support from the team.

There is equality in the workplace, lots of learning and training to maximize your customer service .
Amazing benefits but not enough work
LRT Safety Student (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2017
The City of Edmonton provides amazing benefits and salary but doesn't have much work for its student employees. It can be difficult to find enough work to get through the day at times depending on who your supervisor is
easy going laid back co workers.
Vegitation Management (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB19 September 2017
A very laid back and easy job to do. I personally did not enjoy working there at all. The work in itself was not bad, the people i worked with were not good at all. There is so much drama and behind the back secrets, it felt like i was in high school again. I think they need to fix how they do their hiring and fix upper managements decisions. a lot of times we were wondering why we were doing something when there is either more important things to do or a better way of doing it.

ex. we were picking/cutting and spraying herbicide on already dead weeds that have already seeded out for the next season.-- to do so is absolutely pointless, we should be preparing residual herbicide to kill weeds before they germinate next year!
Cons
only 8 hour days with no overtime
great place to work
MUNICIPAL WASTE INSPECTOR (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 September 2017
if you work hard and honest, people will notice. although the union spoils the atmosphere with feeding the workers egos it is a fun place to work and if you are related to someone in the city of Edmonton you have a way better chance of working there.
Pros
you can sit around for 45 minutes and get paid for it at the end of your shift
Cons
good
Employee Service Center Representative (Payroll) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
good work balance
better benefits
nice people to work with.
very accessible
relax environment
learning a lot of things
room for growth
very transparent
Fun place to work and everyone is kind
Member Experiences Liaison - Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 September 2017
I just started but everyone is very nice and accommodating. They support your decisions made on the job and there are lots of opportunities to ask questions
Not Applicable
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 September 2017
There really isn't much I can add here as the title this is under does not quite match what it should. None the less the City would be a fun place to work I'm sure.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Edmonton Reviews by Location