City of Edmonton

City of Edmonton Employee Reviews for Technician

Technician14 reviews
Canada14 reviews

Okay place

It was too chill and non chalant. The management was poor. They do not have a clue or proper training on how to mage employees. Not many people used the parks so you'll be bored a bit. But your supervisor would expect you to be working like there was a crowd.

Supportive Workplace

As a recreation technician you most likely will be sent to a site to work by yourself. If you're into team work and used to collaborating this can be a difficult shift but you have weekly meetings with the your coworkers and visits from your supervisor so I got used to it. I loved working for the city. My job made me feel like i was making a difference

Directionless employment.

Favoritism and 2 sets of rules, for the rats. Management only attends work site for discipline. Racism, bullying and harassment are everywhere. Managers hide behind policies.

Great environment with nice co-workers - well planned - Great hours - fair pay - Great management - A good amount of support for all employees to complete tasks

what ever your skill set is, forget it it doesn't matter

when you understand how the games are played, then that's when you realize the culture. very sensitive place to work, being out spoken is a very big no, no. you will need to learn a whole new way and language to speak to people.

Pros

a pay check

Cons

very sensitive place to work

good place to work

I am happy with the city of Edmonton and I will recommend it to a friend. it has great benefits and it has room to grow. great environment to be working at.

Good

Good place to work, hard to get a permanent spot though. If you don't know how to network, you won't get very far. I have nothing else to add but this box wants 150 words minimum.

Pros

Good coworkers

Cons

Advancement is tough

Great atmosphere

I really enjoyed working here. The supervisors are accommodating, super nice, and patient with you. I enjoyed playing with the children at Green shack, and being active everyday. Great environment and company to work for

Incredibly incompetent management

1in 5 city employees claim to have been harassed. 3.5 managers for every employee. Poisonous work atmosphere. Good wages and benefits. The entire management team is a old boys club made up of retired military personnel.

This job gave me added experience in an area I did not have in my life before.

This is a City owned facility and it's rolenis vital to the recreation provides for locals and tourists. The food is overpriced but there is plenty to see and enjoy. As an Indigenous Interpreter I wear a costume and help the visitor to back in time to imagine what lives people had in previous generations. Everyone has a family and Fort Edmonton does a great job in bringing some value to Canadian history.

Pros

Bannock, animals on site, artifacts.

Cons

Overpriced admission, overpriced food, should no longer have wagon rides with horses and have no pigs or sheep.

Great part time job

This has been such a fun job, and I will be sad when I have to leave. The children's experience team is awesome, and so friendly. Supervisors are very encouraging and supportive and offer advice when needed.

Great Summer Job

This is an awesome job. You spend the whole summer outside impacting and learning from the children who visit your green shack. Each child has something special to learn from them. You will be challenged daily to grow and be better. The supervisors are always ready to assist you in your need to make your summer programming successful. There is an awesome training program in place to aid each staff member.

A very positive place to work

It was a truly amazing time working with the city. Incredible people to work with within your division but there is a bit of animosity between sections (i.e. The lifeguards and the Rec Techs didn't get along). Overall a very positive experience.

Pros

Positive environment and free food

Cons

Full day shift

Great team, great bosses, great work place

Worked with fantastic people, learned lots from great bosses and co-workers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement