City of Edmonton

Laborer II10 reviews
Canada10 reviews

Insights into City of Edmonton

What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging
  • Inclusive work environment

Temp job no security

Not much union help if your temp. Reg employees make temps work even do there job because they know you'll do anything to get into union and you have no seniority whatsoever.

Never work here

Worked for the city for 7 years. I would never recommend working for the city period. Management don't know what there doing there not educated enough to see problems happening right in front of there eyes. They sit I. The office doing nothing and have no understanding of the work place. There's absolutely no security unless you can get full time Union sucks bigger than the city. where you pay Union and nothing will ever happen if it ever comes to needing your union union will not back you up unless you're full-time and don't work the winter because it sucks even more than the summer. . Not recommended this place this review the city controls in what I real want to say about the city. And names I would love to share but city will not let me post stuff that really happens behind the closed doors

Yeg

Typical day during my first year with the City was fantastic, the crew was funny, and happy, we all worked together in a safe and respectful manner. The pay was very good, the work life balance was also good.

Productive and fun workplace

Enjoyed working with the people on my team, we all got along and it made the job and time go by quickly. Going to work at a place where you have nice people to work with made it easy.

wont recommend if you want a full time

no full time anymore. wouldnt recommend if you want a full time career. at least in parks/roads department.if you want part time or seasonal work fine go for it. have have lots of schooling if you think u have a chance to go anywhere with the city. no benifits or paid vacition unless your permanent full time.and the union does nothing except take your money ever two weeks.

racist, homophobic, corrupt

I worked for the city of edmonton for four years, no chance of being made permanent , would have layoffs the moment it snowed, very racist, my co-workers smoked pot then got into equipment and vehicles and operated them also they stole everything in sight, would recommend you never work there.

Pros

nothing

Cons

racist, druggies, thieves and liars

Excellent Company to work for

Excellent Company to work for. I never left the company, but the company has undergone new management to EPCOR. I had to transition to EPCOR. Work culture is great.

Excellent place to earn a living.

Wonderful place to work. I was treated with respect, and given the opportunity to increase my skills and knowledge while at work.

Pros

Excellent benefits / pension plan

Steady employment

Steady work and challenging.Rewarding being a part of a productive team

Don't work here

If you are from hr look into the director that was in the position in 2012 And the manager. Also look into supervisors in coronation yard same time. Do a audit you will be surprised what you find

Pros

Pay check won't bounce

Cons

Nepotism

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.4 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement