City of Edmonton
Coronavirus update
Information from City of Edmonton:

City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Canada403 reviews
The managers were always there for staff to support them if a member of the public got out of hand.

Most people were very friendly and welcoming.

Extensive training and support if you needed help with something.
Pros
Discount on city events
Cons
Members of the public can be quite rude
Working for the city sucks they don't care about you. They don't know how to take care of their budget he said they did we'd be working right now and you're in 2020 not being laid off are you planning on being in parks and trying to get full-time don't bother you'll never get it .you don't get benefits for being provisional and it's only summertime 6 months of the year the only thing good
Pros
Wage
Cons
City sucks for giving benefits to the people that have been with them for 20 year s a provisional
This was only a 4 week schooling CDI College prerequisite in completing my APA. The Supervisor was very nice to me and was very helpful in giving me advice on how to enter the job market at the City of Edmonton.
Enjoyed my time there! Highly recommended. I learned many new skills and was able to expand my knowledge of the rail industry. Great benefits, pay and perks.
Great place to work. The team of City of Edmonton is nice and well managed. Their workers are really working hard. The atmosphere is supportive of employees.
Pros
Nothing free
Cons
There is no longer a work life balance during Covid-19 at the Eco stations. It's all work with minimal days off and a struggle to even get one day off. Management has changed our hours, our schedule, no summer staff has been brought back.. no recognition for our work during this time. I no longer recommend working for the Eco Stations within the CoE
Pros
Pay, Co-workers
Cons
Work life balance, time off, appreciation, advancement
Poor training and lots of pressure to get jobs done , no pride in workmanship and poor atmosphere always being bullied . To much name hiring and favouritism
Pros
Steady pay cheque
Cons
To many to list
This was a very good place to work. I felt safe and comfortable every day and was happy with the security the job offered me. I met some fantastic people, and will never forget my experiences there.
I like the hours, it was constant unless they give you ample noticed for changes during the shift.
the boss is always friendly and available. he gives you constructive criticism when need it.

training is always offered for any task, you just have to be patient with the order in which people request to be trained for set task.
The job itself is pretty good. I can get really busy like to the point of not being able to take your breaks during your shift. But, most of the time it's alright.

The management is terrible.
The City pools are well maintained and if not they have scheduled maintenance to do any repairs and options for instructors to relocate until their home pool is finished construction. The pay is good, and the people you meet are helpful and always looking out for you to improve your own skills.
Part time casual job,so only on events & games fun work place,easy going ,fast paced still not stressful.supervision helpful & understanding & accommodating
Felt supported and great communication from leadership. Was given open opportunity to apply for multiple employment opportunities throughout the year and room to grow.
Employer began a campaign of misrepresenting city sectors roles, breaching confidentiality, hiding documentation allowed access under FOIP bylaws, then laid me off, terminated me for handing in paperwork late, and gave me a positive letter of reference in that order as soon as courts closed due to covid-19.
Pros
good pay
Cons
rampant managerial corruption under aquatic strategies
A major employer with good benefits, pay, and culture. If you don’t worry about leadership craziness and unneeded red tape, this is a good choice for you.
Pros
Great work.
Favoritism and 2 sets of rules, for the rats. Management only attends work site for discipline. Racism, bullying and harassment are everywhere. Managers hide behind policies.
The pay and benefits were good, and work hours were also good: 10x4, Tuesday-Friday. Equipment was new and well-maintained, and personal equipment was good quality
a typical day at work was very relaxed no pressure at all to do get tasks done. the supervisors were all very nice and my coworkers were awesome and just a great work environment
It's true; most jobs require a form of experience from 2-5 years but once you have accepted a job offer, they set you up real nice. The workplace culture is amazing and fun; collaborative and stress-free.
Pros
Benefits, Work-life balance
Great environment with nice co-workers
- well planned

- Great hours

- fair pay

- Great management

- A good amount of support for all employees to complete tasks
Not much union help if your temp. Reg employees make temps work even do there job because they know you'll do anything to get into union and you have no seniority whatsoever.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.