City of Edmonton Employee Reviews

Great Place to Work
Traffic Signals Technician II (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 May 2018
Great place to work. As a Traffic Signals Tech your day was busy and when a detour came in, you had to work fast to get it out the door. And documentation was very important to maintain.
Productive, Lots of learning and Fun work place
Heavy Equipment Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB18 April 2018
there was a lot of work to do and that way i can learn some of the Technics and how to fix a problem. Really awesome foreman's to work with even though they were old the treat me on their level and thought me on their level. There was not a single day that i was not on handwork duty, step by step they run me through procedure of how engine works.The workplace environment was amazing, every one jokes around and that gave me motivation to wake up early 6 in the morning.
job description
Pool Maintenance Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
late hours hard work why are you asking me for this i really just need to find a job this is annoying and very rude. i need a job. this is not making me happy stop asking people for this this is very misleading.
Great learning experience
Volunteer Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 April 2018
the city of edmonton allowed me to learn and understand the reality of the work force. i loved and learned to many new things and carried them through to now as i work for in patient care
Fun to work, but need to grow more
Transit - Fare Product Distribution Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 April 2018
Need to understand the other sectors. Changes in management with immediate changes approaches to process without review creates chaos in the system. There is need to makes changes in a systematic flow
good place to work
Deskside Analyst (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 April 2018
not a heavy workload
as with any bureaucracy, work and change is very slow
workplace culture is decent, some employees are there for the free ride, and others are frustrated at the apparent slow pace of progress
Pros
slow pace
Cons
very rigid
A fun friendly work place for all.
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB2 April 2018
Starting every morning with a group activity to connected with the people your with. Then activitys till lunch with the kids I worked with at summer camps.
Good job good place to work
Heavy Duty Mechanic's Helper - Department Drainage (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 March 2018
Good job good place to work good starting wage great starting vacation and benefits lots of room to learn grow and advancements would go back to work for them asap
Great programs
Yoga Teacher (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 March 2018
The City of Edmonton has been working on making their facilities amazing for all to participate in including those who can not afford much. To work for them, they are fair with wage and supervisors can be helpful.
I enjoyed working with City of Edmonton Volunteering
Step Up Summer Day Camp Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB20 March 2018
It was very fun and intriguing to participate in many activities in my volunteering program and look forward to attending in the future. The leaders were excellent and the programs were fun-filled and interactive.
Pros
Play in Zoo
Cons
Kids are wild
Good Secure Place of employment
Engineering Technologist I (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 March 2018
It was a good place for job security good place.

With the exception of my immediate supervisor. I found him very disrespectful and very hard to work for especially found him to be a bully.
not a good place to work for
Labourer (Former Employee) –  labourer10 March 2018
Worst place I have ever worked
Supervisors are asshloes
They think they are Gods
Have no respect for anyone but themselves
People there are ok
Just the bosses are bad
Work Day
Recreation Facility Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2018
Being partnered up with City of Edmonton is a great experience. I had the opportunity to know what it's like to be part of the business world. It was a great experience for me, the atmosphere was happy, active. I've learned quite a lot. Taking minutes for meetings. My supervisors has showed me how to professional be an administrative assistant.
good place to work
Equipment operator/ labourer 2/Crewleader (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB6 March 2018
Good place to work. Good people. Respectful. definately reccomended to summer students as a good source of income in the summer. Flexible start/hire dates, reasonable wage for the work.
Great place!!
Temporary Worker (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
Loved working with the city. Was able to learn my job quickly and management was very friendly in assisting with any questions. At times I felt I was overwhelmed but I would easily find ways to manage my work effectively.
Good and Bad
Communications Officer (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2018
I work with great people and great clients. Like any communications job, it is extremely busy and high stress.

It is great to know that I am helping build a better Edmonton. There are definite issues with culture, but they are trying to improve them.

For the most part I enjoy the people and the work is exciting.
traffic safety, sets you up for your own success
Shop Assistant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB12 February 2018
providing garage & transportation duties,field work

none of the work is hard or particularily difficult

lots of meetings and useless emails

Supervisor was appointed after others retired or quit

management is continuously concerned with their own image and very concerned with complaints of any kind

workplace culture does tend to be a stifling environment where workers are thrown under the bus when things don't go well

poor communication from management to workers
Pros
pay and benefits, government, field work
Cons
supervisors, micro management, email
City of Edmonton
Service Associate (Clerk I) (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
The City of Edmonton is an awesome place to work. There are many opportunities for growth and advancement. The work atmosphere and culture makes it a great place to come work everyday. The benefits are outstanding and job security is assuring,
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Worked with data input based on information with Traffic Safety in Edmonton.
Traffic Safety Department Analyst (Practicum) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB30 January 2018
Worked with many people on statistics of information on Traffic Safety in Edmonton. Monitored the street cameras, to see what kind of traffic flow there was, accidents, weather, etc.
Pros
Regular hours from 8-5 and from M-F
Cons
Was only a practicum position through Grant MacEwan University.
Great place to meet new people and try new things
Program Specialist (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB29 January 2018
Great place to meet new people and try new things. Fun and safe environment with amazing and professional instructors. Great and convenient locations through out the city.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Edmonton. Our community is ready to answer.

City of Edmonton Reviews by Location