City of Delta logo
City of Delta

City of Delta Employee Reviews

Part-time casual work experience in teaching

The City of Delta provided me with teaching experience and flexible hours. Unfortunately it is very difficult to gain enough hours to live off with no job security.

Run, don't walk away from this employer!

Working for the City of Delta was not a good experience. The managers are terrible. The only positive thing to say about it is that it pays above minimum wage. Even so, would not recommend it.

Pros

Cons

Micro managers, toxic work environment

Fun Place To Work

I worked as a Receptionist in South Delta (Ladner/Tsawwassen). There were times where it was dead as ever and I wasn't sure if my shift was ever going to end, but other times it was so busy and the phones were ringing off the hook I didn't even get time to take a break. Training was great, wage was ridiculous (i think its actually to much for what the job is). Hardest part of the job was trying to get a shift covered if you needed to. A lot of the staff were unwilling to switch or cover. Everyone is pretty supportive, but you do get the odd ball employee that is just rude and is not fun to deal with. (There are a couple....)

Great job, great wages, great hours

Great job, great wages, great hours, very accommodating to personal schedule, great employees and a great employer. No complaints. Comfortable work conditions

City of Delta

The City of Delta is a great place to both work at volunteer at. They are very inclusive and friendly. Many of the people I volunteered with were the same. Great community

Fitness Team is Awesome!

I worked as a Fitness Instructor for nearly 7 years. Loved all of the participants, the space was always clean and well maintained, my direct supervisors were helpful and kind. Really positive experience overall!

Pros

power to help create your own schedule, great co-workers, beautiful facility

Cons

can't teach fitness 8 hours a day!

Found it to be extremely beneficial, learned how to effectively deal with urgent issues, was provided lots of training and was able to shadow other employees

Stuffy work environment

Very friendly, collaborative people but difficult to work in the cubicle office space. The lunchroom was uninspired and made it difficult to enjoy being at work. I was stuck in dark corner cubicle.

Pros

Bocce

Rewarding job and energetic work team

It can be stressful at times due to the responsibility you have, however, it is a rewarding job and you work with great people. It offers competitive wages and employers care about the well being of their staff.

good

The staff was helpful and so far they have answered all my questions so far even some of the silly ones so I can't really complain Excellent Customer CTelephone Service a lot of Call Centre Staff and Call Centres could really learn something