City of Coquitlam Employee Review

View all City of Coquitlam reviews

Commeraderie with workmates
Building service worker (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC21 November 2012
I worked afternoons from 5.00 pm till 11.30 pm there were 4 building service employees each with his/her own specific area at City Hall, while we would be given occasional instructions as to which areas were to be targeted we were generally left to concentrate on what we considered needed to be done. I was originally posted at the leisure facility as a pool services operator, where I progressed to obtain my pool services certificates, regulating water quality for the leisure pools and spas. I am unable to point out any aspects of my employment of which I found in any way unpleasant, I suppose it comes down to how well one gets along with co-workers and management. Knowing that you had some input into the conditions in which you work was one of the most satisfying points about working for the City of Coquitlam, this fact and the really special people with whom I was associated with made my employment there one of the most enjoyable working experiences...
Pros
health benefits
Cons
work with chemicals

Other City of Coquitlam Employee Reviews

Commitment, honesty and experience to handle the City finances
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 February 2018
Short time I was there but everybody is friendly, very committed and experienced.

They trained me very well. People there is very supportive of recent graduates as myself.

Full disclosure of information, very transparent and honest.
Pros
Young, friendly, very professional staff at all levels
Cons
Hard to park
Ricky's definition of a healthly work place environment
Student Consultant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC22 September 2017
- Management should provide encouragement, and recognition when hard work is displayed by employees. As well as promote social cohesiveness to benefit teamwork.
Pros
Extended break time when needed
Cons
Not allowing a flexible work scope. In other words, avoid pigenholing.