City of Coquitlam Employee Review

View all City of Coquitlam reviews

Flexible, allows for opportunity for development of a number of skills including team work, leadership, conflict resolution.
Aquatic Leader - Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC16 February 2014
A typical day consists of 4 or more hours per shift which includes lifeguarding the pool, teaching swimming lessons, learning about new pool programs, and interacting with the public.
I have learned to take initiative, be reliable, work within a team setting, the importance of strong communication skills. I have strengthened my public relations and interpersonal skills as well as developed my leadership skills and problem solving skills.
My managers are highly supportive and take a strong interest in all the employees and seek to maintain the best standard possible.
My co-workers are around the same age as myself which makes working with them highly enjoyable as we are all at similar stages in our lives.
The most difficult part of my job is dealing with stereotypes perceived by patrons regarding my position as a lifeguard and a young woman.
The most enjoyable part is working with kids and interacting with the public.
Pros
wage and flexibility
Cons
lack of hours available, hour allocation policy

Other City of Coquitlam Employee Reviews

Good people; poor work culture; very political
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC3 May 2018
Do work. Don't make waves. Many decision makers. Limited advancement if you dont fit culture. Very political. At times disorganized and dysfunctional. Constant change.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Commitment, honesty and experience to handle the City finances
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC19 February 2018
Short time I was there but everybody is friendly, very committed and experienced.

They trained me very well. People there is very supportive of recent graduates as myself.

Full disclosure of information, very transparent and honest.
Pros
Young, friendly, very professional staff at all levels
Cons
Hard to park