City of Coquitlam, BC
View all City of Coquitlam, BC reviews

City of Coquitlam, BC

City of Coquitlam, BC Employee Review

Productive and fun but busy and hard working atmosphere

I loved working at Coquitlam. The hiring process was seamless and I started the following Monday. After four years my position in the clerk’s office was upgraded. A few years after that I was asked to apply for a position in the newly developed License Department and remained there until leaving to start a family. A great 10 years that really felt like a family to me.

5.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Same location

It's a great place to work at

City of Coquitlam definitely is an inclusive and respectful employer, and that reflects well in the everyday environemnt as well. Training is an issue because when you start ofcourse, they train you but not paticularly for opening and closing shifts (which requires considerable training) and when you request training, there is no guarantee on the person teaching you knows their stuff as well (sometimes they are new too, or not frequent at this patricular location so they possess limited knowledge and more). They do schedule you in for training though so that's a bonus. Senior receptionists are very polite not just to employees but also to the customers, as we get a diverse clientele and good 50% do not speak good/proper english. If you are not a patient person, I would say this isn't the job for you. For me the best part tbh is working with my co-workers, chatting and being casual. It's not too strict on dress code strict or too professional, you have co-workers of all ages so you do make good friends or atleast good work friends. Hours and benefits are great too. As an auxiliary, my schedule has 0 stability but that's the job I applied for so.
Same location

Decent wages and job security if you get a permanent position, but poor support/training, and very few opportunities for advancement..

Great people working for the City of Coquitlam for the most part, but management does not seem to understand what the actual work entails. And many jobs involved very little work, which sounds good but causes its own stresses. I encountered a fair bit of work hoarding due to this problem.

Pros

Great people

Cons

Rigid structure, poor training.
Same location

Great, friendly, collaborative workplace full of young staff

Great to make friends, shifts are enjoyable, and staff conversations are fun and light. The shift itself can either be boring or very stressful depending on how busy the pool is at the time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Coquitlam, BC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare City of Coquitlam, BC with

City of Coquitlam, BC reviews by location

Learn about City of Coquitlam, BC in popular locations

• City of Coquitlam, BC
  • Productive and fun but busy and hard working atmosphere