City of Coquitlam, BC

Clear
3.9Pay & benefits

workjobcityenjoymanagementcoquitlamteamsupportive

Public Service

The City taught me a lot about strategy, planning and priorities. The City is a respectful workplace and encourages active participation between staff departments and teams.

Pros

Unionized environment with benefits

Cons

Top Down

good

It is a secure job that pays well and offers great hours for students both in high school and in university. Able to request hours and decline hours if it interferes with health or school.

Insights into City of Coquitlam, BC

What people like
  • Inclusive work environment
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Overall satisfaction

Commeraderie with workmates

I worked afternoons from 5.00 pm till 11.30 pm there were 4 building service employees each with his/her own specific area at City Hall, while we would be given occasional instructions as to which areas were to be targeted we were generally left to concentrate on what we considered needed to be done. I was originally posted at the leisure facility as a pool services operator, where I progressed to obtain my pool services certificates, regulating water quality for the leisure pools and spas. I am unable to point out any aspects of my employment of which I found in any way unpleasant, I suppose it comes down to how well one gets along with co-workers and management. Knowing that you had some input into the conditions in which you work was one of the most satisfying points about working for the City of Coquitlam, this fact and the really special people with whom I was associated with made my employment there one of the most enjoyable working experiences...

Pros

health benefits

Cons

work with chemicals

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Coquitlam, BC. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement