City of Coquitlam, BC

City of Coquitlam, BC Culture reviews

Clear

Collobrative work envrionemnt and supportive team

Worked as part of the advisory team. Management and team members were very supportive, open dialogue was always encouraged. Although my role was temporary, I gained a lot of valuable experience in recruitment and advising. All the managers I supported were also great to work with, and really valued HR's expertise.

Productive and Fun work place

Exceptional and supportive team with solid workplace culture. Most enjoyable part of my job was the constant stream of design projects for City programs and services!

Personal trainer

I work as a personal trainer and group fitness instructor and find that my management team are helpful and supportive. You make the job as busy as you want as it is causal employment.

Great salary and benefits, but no work hours guaranteed

- worked auxiliary hours - learned contracts - management was disappointing - staff were great to work with - hardest part of job was lack of consistent training - most enjoyable part was the staff

Good people; poor work culture; very political

Do work. Don't make waves. Many decision makers. Limited advancement if you dont fit culture. Very political. At times disorganized and dysfunctional. Constant change.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Commitment, honesty and experience to handle the City finances

Short time I was there but everybody is friendly, very committed and experienced. They trained me very well. People there is very supportive of recent graduates as myself. Full disclosure of information, very transparent and honest.

Pros

Young, friendly, very professional staff at all levels

Cons

Hard to park

Fantastic place to work as a student.

Perfect part time position, excellent place of work. Staff are easy to get along with and the environment is fantastic. Highly recommend for a job during post secondary.

Swimming Instructor/Lifeguard

Coquitlam residents consist mainly of families, very friendly and diverse community where all cultures come together to create a safe and pleasant city to live in. The typical work day for a popular sports facility in a large city consists of many tasks, deadlines and extreme organization especially dealing with children. The management is very strong and approachable with a desire for all employees to excel in and outside the work force which inevidably attracted to best employees around creating a pleasent and strong team based atmosphere. The difficulties of the job are irate and unpleasent customers and patrons which also created challenges that were embraced and handled professionally. The most enjoyable aspect the job were the challenges faced everyday, creating a training ground for excellence and growth.

Jobs at City of Coquitlam, BC