City of Chilliwack

City of Chilliwack Employee Reviews

Canada5 reviews
It is a good place to work for. I have learned a lot at this work place and I appreciated the help from all those who took time to explain things when I first started with them.

My typical day at work was very tight as I was assigned most of the difficult files and always 5 or more than others.

Management: no comment

The hardest part of this job was to be around with the office politics.

I enjoyed working with other officers and anyone who worked in this job relations.
Pros
It is a perfect place to work for some
Cons
Too judgemental
Excellent pension plan. Depending on your position within the city I would recommend working for them. Unfortunately their maintenance department did not meet or suit my career goals. If you enjoy cleaning toilets and cleaning up after people who often have little or no regard for others then this would be a good job. The hardest part of the job was dealing with people who had no regard for rules (drug addicts often used the washrooms). It was often unsafe as late night jobs were often done alone and in unsavory areas of the community. In my opinion, management was not always on the same page as the employee when it came to personal safety. The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the public who rented the facilities and operating the machinery needed to perform the tasks relevant to the job.
Pros
Great pension plan; nice people
Cons
Irregular hours; unsafe at times; DIRTY job
The City of Chilliwack can be a great place to work if you have a good manager in your department. Great salaries, benefits, hours, work/life balance. The key to your happiness is to find the manager you can tolerate until you retire.
I enjoyed being employed with the City of Chilliwack because of its positive work culture. Colleagues are friendly and supportive, and there is a sense that management actively encourages staff to improve their skills.
Good Work Environment. Good Place to be. Good atmosphere. Good place to live. All around great. This is a good place to be employed and play a vital role.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Chilliwack. Our community is ready to answer.
4.5