City of Cambridge

City of Cambridge Employee Reviews

Canada17 reviews
Excellent Working Environment
Working with the various teams here made it really enjoyable. I was able to learn many different skills and found out how hard the employees work to keep the city running.
Fun and Collaborative Summer Job!
A typical week involved activities with campers, including games, crafts, sports, swimming and field trips.

I learned the value of organization and responsibility. I met a lot of like minded people and feel I gained skills for my future.

The hardest part of the job was keeping the campers engaged while keeping them safe.
Amazing
Positive work environment with plenty of training and guidance from all other staff. Worthwhile employment for a fun student job experience for the summer.
Great
Working at the city is an amazing opportunity that allows you to build valuable skills. These are skills that you can take with you for the rest of your life.
Not applicable
I was a consultant for a consulting firm and didn't have an experience working directly for the City.
No issues were encountered while working there.
Slow and not productive
Processes take too long. a lot of turn over with staff. too many changes all at once. The only positive is, location of office is close to home and very centralized.
Pros
close to home
Cons
low salary
Great Summer Job
Really enjoyed the time there and learned lots. The team was very welcoming and were always available to provide support and information. I would definitely recommend the City of Cambridge as a place to work.
fantastic enviroment
Your average day will entail getting your job done but your crew and shop will be fantastic with how close the people get. the job itself is usually very straightforward and next to impossible to mess up.
Fun volunteer position that required me to participate and look after activities with campers.
I would always arrive early in preparation for the day. I spent 6-8 hours at the camp which included playing with the campers and helping out the leader. I learned lots and had a lot of fun!
Interaction with the public is a definite highlight of my job.
The most enjoyable part of the job is daily interaction with the public. Giving parents direction on aquatic pathways for their children and watching children attain their goal of becoming competent lifeguards and instructors.
Great!
Very enjoyable place to work surrounded with positivity all around. The staff is very caring and very helpful. The customers usually are not stressful to the employee
Fun place to work
Great city to work with for students. A lot can be learned in their summer work programs and it does help them build leadership and communication skills and maturity.
resume
I take orders and fill the orders
I learned how to manage time skills

the most enjoyable thing is interacting with the customers

workplace culture I enjoy
Pros
get a discount while working
Cons
20 hours a week
Government service of high calibre
Productive workplace that directly served residents and businesses through complex and interesting projects to basic water, sewer and transportation services.
Bureaucracy and politics go hand in hand in a government workplace but there is a very good reason why it works.

Demanding work but rewarding at the same time. When help was needed, management and co-workers were available.
Job
worked in the arena, concession booth. I prepared food and drinks and handled cash and also cleaned. I worked mostly by myself, expect for on busy days. The management was awesome, i really liked my boss. I loved seeing familiar faces and hardest part of my job was not spilling fries everywhere
Character Building
Working in the arenas and the canteens builds upon your independence and responsibility level. You are able to become independent while working alone and be responsible for everything that goes on in the canteen and arena.
Pros
Responsibility
Cons
Working with fast food
City of Cambridge
There are many opportunities to advance in your career with the City of Cambridge.