City of Calgary

City of Calgary Employee Reviews

Good place.Lot to learn.DiversifiedInclusionSlow & steadyGovernment regulations and policies.Structured.Remote some times.Travel within the city.
It has been a pleasure working for the city and serving citizens with the information they are looking for. The management team is very supportive and helps understanding the procedures in a friendly manner. I am looking forward for full time position.
Awesome place, no complaints thus far. Pay and venerate great, hours are great and friendly environment. Only downfall is you get laid off the first year so you start from zero again after recall.
Great seasonal job Days consisted of... -First Aid (when needed) -Statistics -Provide information to park visitors -Small scale maintenance -Park safety advocate as well as anything else required of me while on shift
Great place to work but very hard to secure a full time position. The call center staff is was always very nice and expressed a willingness to help the newbies. Managers were available and professional
The corporations among different team such as web server team, web service team, database team, security and development and support team are good. We have a scrum meeting every day.
Regular work in daytime never overtime Supervisor is so nice and friendly,we respected each other Working at" The City" looks like stay at a international family I like to attend "Stampeded breakfast party" and "Christmas Party" Wish go back working the City again!!!
I decided to write a review but I am only giving them a one star to help bring their ratings to a more realistic level. They should be about maybe a three. This is one of those places if they do not like you and they want an excuse to get rid of you, then they will. I worked hard for them and they let me go. I don't hold grudges against them. This review is to just tell you to be very careful. Good luck
Great to work with.Wish the budget had not slashed my position. Felt appreciated and valued even as a contractor from day 1. Staff made me feel at home and the workplace was positive and intelligent.
Productive and very respectful place to work It was a contract job thats why I left after completing my contract term. at Calgary Police Services very friendly and Respectful environment, Energetic Organisation. Love to work there.
A typical day at work: - abuse abuse abuse What I learned - NEVER work for the city of calgary Management - THEY are the ABUSERS Workplace Culture - There is none The hardest part of the job - NOT walking out the most enjoyable part of the job - absolutey zero
Pros
Cons
Nasty people
Great environment, good culture and ethics, great location, teams. ( I have to add 150 words to go to the next level with indeed, does not make sense )
Very chill, coworkers are super friendly and have a great atmosphere altogether. Working with them has taught me a lot about customer service, and I am very grateful for that.
Pros
Flexible Hours
Good experience for any age. Good skills, good people. Leadership was fun and enjoyable. Advancement opportunities. Able to make lifelong connections and relationships.
Under the city of Calgary's employment, I gained an amount of practical experience that I hope will aid in my future career. Working with children is always difficult but due to the organization and maturity of my coworkers the issues that came up were swiftly dealt with. I was given enough freedom to perform my duties and complete my program fully.
Pros
Organization
Cons
Approachability
You're just a number Management is stuck in their own ways, have a more efficient idea? Don't bother. If it makes sense, they don't like you Politics and different personalities and can become quite bs after awhile. Started off as a great place... That's where I'll end it
The work was great but management don’t have a clue on how to operate and deal with people always trying jack the personal around especially in winter don’t train the for the shortage of equipment operators always training more operators on loaders when they have tons but in graders which is shortage is the last to get trained on.
Benefits
Cons
No life and health balance they don’t care about that
Work life balance was amazing here as was the compensation. Lots of opportunities to move around and move up. Job security and access to great benefits.
Worked with great people. Positive and challenging work environment.
Pros
Great benefits and working hours
Cons
Part time because of union - hard to get additional hours
The Day start with the Free coffee.checking the ticketing queue and scheduling the tickets. Calling the end users. Discussing with the senior team mates for possible solutions
Pros
weekly meetings and updates
Cons
Temporary job
able to gain experience and move through different experience. multiple online learning courses that enhance your employment experience. For someone who is driven, it is a great place to work.
  1. Employee reviews