City of Calgary

City of Calgary Employee Reviews for Volunteer

I had a great few weeks volunteering with the City of Calgary helping run and organize events for summer day camps at Nose Hill Park. The program was smoothly run, and the other volunteers were friendly.
As a volunteer, my responsibilities were to support the counselors in delivering programming to upwards of 30 campers. While I held a volunteer position at the time, I acquired the skills needed to apply for and enjoy a successful part-time career working with other non-profit camps in the Kananaskis.Trying to decide if the camp life is for you? Try volunteering first!
Good experience for any age. Good skills, good people. Leadership was fun and enjoyable. Advancement opportunities. Able to make lifelong connections and relationships.
Under the city of Calgary's employment, I gained an amount of practical experience that I hope will aid in my future career. Working with children is always difficult but due to the organization and maturity of my coworkers the issues that came up were swiftly dealt with. I was given enough freedom to perform my duties and complete my program fully.
Pros
Organization
Cons
Approachability
it was a definite learning experience where I strengthened my role of leadership. I was making no money because it was volunteering but I received a few free lunches and had some great times
Pros
Working with Kids
Cons
different location every week
I got to learn a lot about interactions with others throught the job, i was a volunteer so i didn't get paid but I still got rewarded for my hardwork at the end of it.
This was a temporary position to help organize voter ballots for Calgary's 2017 Municipal Election. I enjoyed the work environment immensely, everyone was a good team player to one-another to get everything done and it was an experience I will not forget any time soon.
working in a team we created game taught kids to play. We did this for the summer throughout the city, went on field trips and educational actives included.
Long simple days working with young children during the summer. helped the camp leaders run games and activities for the children. Friendly fun environment.
I enojyed all the different programs that I volunteered for. They gave everyone equal oppertunities and didn't discriminate against anyone.