City of Calgary

City of Calgary Employee Reviews for Operator

amazing people who are supportive and helpful in achieving personal success, excellent work culture, management works with you rather than over you.over all an amazing place to work and set up a future.
City of CALGARY is a nice place to work. The people are helpful and friendly. There are always possibilities towards job advancement. If you work hard you will reap from your efforts. Communication between departments could be improved. I would recommend the City of CALGARY!
Daily challenges safely transporting people under a variety of conditions that can change in an instant. Always nice at the end to be told what a great job you had done by the customers, yet never knowing what any particular day will bring your way!
Customer Service has been a major interest for me. Helping passengers get to where they want to go. Rewarding career to be able to operate a large vehicle and have contact with people. Highlights of civic events, and the excitement of the attendees.
Pros
Flexibility of being able to work without close supervision. Empowerment.
Cons
Long hours between job shifts, split shifts
Good part-time job with flexibility and great benefits and pay given the position
Pros
Low stress, flexibility, good people, benefits
Cons
Occasional split shifts
Overall, a good 32 years with the City of Calgary. I love driving and interacting with the public brought me great satisfaction. Met many fabulous, interesting people from all over the world
Pros
Interacting with public. Doing what I liked to do (drive)
Cons
For me there were no cons other than perhaps the odd problem passenger
Great organization in many ways, great co-workers, however many cases of the wrong individuals getting promoted.
benefits
Cons
management