City of Calgary
City of Calgary Employee Review

16 February 2021
Pleased to have the opertinity to apply myself, learm and grown, meet knew challanges and build solid working relationships with skilled staff. Provid building ownership a level of compliance through contractor inspection and compliance checks. Understand the importance of keeping all facility dwg's current and availible
2.0Job security/advancement
Pros
Serving municipality with my experoenced skill set snd leadership
Cons
Ño overtime, lay-off cycled with drastic price with WCS Commodity
4 February 2020
Same roleSame location
Track Maintainer (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
When you're at the bottom of the totem pole when working for the city, it takes YEARS to move up. I was stuck on the night shift for 7 years with no light at the end of the tunnel. I have young children and working nights became too much on my body and family. They have wonderful benefits and holiday/sick time and paid pretty good though!
11 April 2017
Same roleSame location
LRV Maintenance-Service Lane Attendant (Current Employee) - Calgary, AB
As a Service Lane Attendant you learn how to work as a team. It is a very fast paced work environment, but you must always work safe at all times. We do various campaigns on the trains every week, which means we may lift seats and clear out garbage underneath or we may clean the light fixtures in the U2 vehicles. This is difficult physical work but we get the job complete. My favourite part of the job is getting the opportunity to drive and park the trains.
Pros
4 days on 3 days off
Cons
Late nights
22 April 2021
Same location
Project Lead/Project Manager (Former Employee) - Calgary, AB
Good place.Lot to learn.DiversifiedInclusionSlow & steadyGovernment regulations and policies.Structured.Remote some times.Travel within the city.
  1. The workplace partnership trurly helped me become confident in what was expected of me in my rolls.