City of Calgary

Canada307 reviews
Ok place to work

Good pay

Not stable

No benefits until full time

Need another job while working here as no guarantees of hours per week

Favouritism plays a role when covering shifts unfortunately
Out f all the places i have work the City of Calgary was by far the best. From the minute i walked in everyone was so welcoming and friendly. they where also there to to help you no matter what.
Overall my experiences working with the City of Calgary were positive and rewarding. A great place for advancement and encourage you to always upgrade your skill set with education options. Great work life balance
great place, passionate people, good structure, very busy, culture depends on the unit and the leadership, overall very good environment, good opportunities for movement.
A typical day at work: face to face processing of various payments for: admissions, program registrations, bookings and rentals as well as facilitate financial transactions, prepare bank deposits and complete cash reconciliations.
Administrate: program registrations, facility bookings, fee assistance, employee fitness passes and personal training package purchases

Respond to customer inquiries, requests and complaints regarding Centre services.
I had a great few weeks volunteering with the City of Calgary helping run and organize events for summer day camps at Nose Hill Park. The program was smoothly run, and the other volunteers were friendly.
Very little in terms of out of work stuff going on in the office, but the office is relaxed and good to work at. Low pressure environmkent, typically get in and go about your work. Expected to get work done, but not pushed to work all the time, so breaks are expected.
For the most part it's a good place to work. You could do a lot worse. I'll remain as long as they'll have me. Will start you as seasonal employee and you can expect a layoff in late fall.
• Worked during city-wide municipal vote for the 2026 Winter Olympics, Provincial Election, and the Federal Election.
• Helped organize community center voting stations, election advertisements, as well as assessing the votes and releasing the results at the end of the day

• Helped assist seniors and individuals with mobility restrictions
Steady employment with opportunities in the future. Excellent pension and benefits. Safety positive environment. Good place to develop new skills and learn.
All staff are hardworking, and put our customers first. Work/life balance is excellent. Management build relationships with staff and easily approachable. Best job I've ever had.
Roads is Managed and maintained by a toxic work environment, fear of management and corporate Bullying throughout department. Human Resources department is completely complicit with the culture..
There are a lot of team event to help you know the organization well and familiarize you to the work. The team also gave me flexibility to work on what I proposed.
Even with the challenges related to the projects managed by City employees, the environment is light and very collaborative. It is really driven by the 4 C's : Collaboration, Character, Commitment and Competency.
good working place. high productivity. challenging projects. good culture. recommended to professionals, engineers and technicians. people work there are knowledgeable.
A rewarding experience with many career choices of a corporation with over 17,000 employees. Several unions, careers and levels for personal advancement.
As a volunteer, my responsibilities were to support the counselors in delivering programming to upwards of 30 campers. While I held a volunteer position at the time, I acquired the skills needed to apply for and enjoy a successful part-time career working with other non-profit camps in the Kananaskis.Trying to decide if the camp life is for you? Try volunteering first!
I worked for a day as a DRO for the provincial elections. The environment was fast paced and the co-workers were very helpful. If I get a chance, I would love to go back and work again.
Good place to work but the politics can ruin a guy if he can’t brush it off The workers are awesome and do their best Management is questionable to say the least
I always enjoyed going to work in the morning, I never had a bad day at work. The experiences I got to be involved in, really gave me great life experience. The employees within the workplace were like no other, they were always there to help and always fun to work with. The culture within the workplace is like nothing I have ever experienced, it felt like one big family.
The Waste and Recycling Services section is unfair and unequal to employees, showing blatant favouritism to some and a consistent history of antagonism and contempt for others. An employee can expect harassment and personal attacks by management as well as a toxic work environment. The job gave an overall feeling of "us" against "them" (being the city).
Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Calgary. Our community is ready to answer.
City of Calgary Reviews by Location