City of Brooks

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Fair pay for job
Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Inclusive work environment

A great company that makes a conscious effort to keep up with the times

Great company with a wide age range in its work force. Great benefits and pay, and approachable hr staff. Lots of employee benefits for all. Fair interview process, and prompt response. Great work culture with lots of reinforcement and encouragement for bettering your skills.

Pros

Great benefits, great work culture, doesn’t discriminate against age, race, gender, etc. when hiring

Cons

No overtime pay

It is good place for anyone, who wants to gain some work experience in a team setting.

City of Brooks gave me the opportunity to learn about having a good work ethic, and the courage to step out of my comfort zone while facing new challenges in the work place.

Pros

Staffs

Cons

short hours

City of Brooks

Typical days for most employees consist of dealing with the public, which can sometimes be difficult, but it's also rewarding. The CAO and Human Resources go around to all of the Departments each month to discuss everything from job postings to staff wellness events, and everything in between. Employees are encouraged to bring ideas forward and each year there is an award given for "best staff suggestion". There is also a Training and Development Policy that will pay between 65 - 100% of the costs of courses/diplomas/degrees, etc. depending on the relevance to your job. You're required to sign a contract that states you'll work for the City for a calculated/specified number of years and if you fulfill that requirement, you won't have to pay any of the money back if you leave the City's employment.

28 February 2020
Thank you for your comment. We really do believe that open communication across the organization really matters - teamwork makes the dream work, right?We are also happy that many staff make use of the Training and Development Policy in order to develop their careers and themselves!

funm

great place to work for . people will treat you good and mangers too. you will have to work long hours , pay is not too bad. you are home every night

28 February 2020
Glad to hear you are having a good time with the City of Brooks. We are lucky to have a team of outstanding performers who are also fun to be around!

Great place to work!

The most enjoyable part of this job is meeting new people and being exposed to the diversity of the community. The job keeps you busy and there is always something new to learn. There are also great events to attend and the benefits package is unreal!

Pros

Events, benefits package, great community

28 February 2020
We are fortunate to serve such a unique City, where east truly meets west. Also, our benefits package is pretty unreal.

A great place to work long term

I love that the city promotes a work-life balance so you can raise a family and have a full time job without feeling guilty. They work hard to earn their employees trust by having regular communication/meetings. The staff are very friendly and it's a great atmosphere to work in! They have a great compensation package including benefits & a pension. I would recommend working with the City to my friends.

28 February 2020
Work-life balance is very important to us! And, your feedback is a perfect reminder of why we make it a priority. Thanks for recommending us to your friends!

great place to work

great work environment very friendly and secure job great schedule, and employee benefits, i really enjoyed working with the city of brooks and would recommend it

28 February 2020
Thank-you for your comment! Thanks for your service with us and we hope that you are doing well at your new organization!

great place to work

great company to work for , but not so good if you are a contractor . mangers and coworkers are helpful and always willing to help you no matter what..

28 February 2020
Thank you for highlighting our staff - they are the best! If you could provide some additional feedback regarding contractor work, we would love to see if we can find a way to improve.

friendly staff

CEO of the city is a very caring man who cares about the direction and success of the city , its citizens and economic prosperity. too many negatives about the city ,but a good place for families

Pros

work life balance

Cons

location

28 February 2020
Our CAO is pretty awesome - he's been with us for eleven years now, and hopefully, more to come! Thank-you.

A Great Place to Work!

The staff are extremely helpful at the City of Brooks. Specifically, management took the time to understand concerns of their employees and does their best to address them. Similarly, the staff are easy to work alongside with; everyone takes the time and effort to help each other out. Moreover, the benefits package is extremely comprehensive. Also, there are lots of city events where employees can attend and meet new people. Overall, the City of Brooks is a great environment and culture to be a part of.

Pros

People, Management, Benefit Package

Productive and fun place to work

My boss is a dedicated and helpful person. She has allowed me to learn at my own pace and is very patient. My co-workers are fun and helpful. The hardest part of my job is dealing with the public. I enjoy reconciling accounts and following up on outstanding accounts.

Pros

They treat their employees on birthdays and other special occasions.

Cons

N/a

28 February 2020
Thank-you for sharing your comments and we appreciate your service with the City of Brooks. It takes a special person to enjoy reconciling accounts! We love to celebrate birthdays and special occasions like the completion of a certificate/program or a promotion. It's all about the little things!

Community minded Municipality, Works to the happiness and satisfaction of the public.

A great Municipal Government, Had a lot of respect and praises doing my daily work from Council, Management, co-workers and our Patrons.The hardest part of the job when I don't get to take coffee break or lunch during some projects.The most enjoyable part is when I see the joy and happiness on the faces of our Patrons, Facilities users and the Public in general, when I accomplish a project.

Pros

occasional training lunches

Cons

unprofessionally trained supervisors and managers

28 February 2020
Thank you for your comment. Our citizens are a priority and we love giving back to the community every day so that people are proud to call Brooks home.We should let you know that we have worked very hard since 2012 to make work/life balance a priority and to also make sure that everyone has time to take a well-deserved break!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Brooks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement