CITY OF BRANTFORD

CITY OF BRANTFORD Employee Reviews

Slow-paced and poor communication

No real authoritative figure throughout the job. Give multiple orders by different employees. Poor communication atmosphere and non-resolving of issues. Do not seem to care when issues arise and view students as a lessened minority whom are lazy when in fact complete most of the difficult tasks.

awful work culture and management

management is absolutely awful. they lie to your face. i have never worked at a job with a worse job culture than city of brantford - ontario works. upon hire, i was told by many current employees to "get out" as soon as i could. management often made you feel stupid for not understanding something. they do not stand behind their employees AT ALL. they put legislation and rules in front of the well being of their employees and clients. they have a massive turn over of employees which is awful for the clients as they get to know their case managers. employees are scared to say anything to anyone and cannot voice their opionons. BEYOND HAPPY TO NOT BE APART OF THIS WORKPLACE ANYMORE

Pros

good pay

Cons

awful management, high stress, no support

Very unfriendly selfish group

Not openly friendly with other coworkers. Each department has its own click and sarcasm. Trust issues between departments and coworkers.

Lifeguard and Swim Instructor

The job needs to be take much more seriously by upper levels management. Rules are not clearly defined. Job culture is attributed by the amount of teenagers and students working, which makes things less mature than they should be.

Run away-terrible senior management team. HR ignores serious issues related to bullying along with everyone else. Incompetent and unscrupulous types

Run away. Dont work here especially if its social services or housing. The Director is out of touch and not educated to be in her role along with the others

Pros

high heels can be worn to council meetings

Cons

soul suckers

Not a good work culture

The city has become a difficult place to work with little or no chance of advancement, I do agree that formal education is important however the city now will promote solely on the basis of educational experience and not practical experience. It also has a serious culture of nepotism

Avoid at all cost

You will have no life if hired on. You start as casual and the union protections for casual drivers are weak. You are not even guaranteed days off. I am currently looking for work elsewhere. If you get a call from them, just ignore it and move on to something else. You will take flak from the public, inspectors, the city etc. Not worth the money they pay you.

Interesting Work

Every day is something different. Hours are standard Monday to Friday. But due to scheduling, sometimes hard to reach clients to resolve their issues. But that can be said of any job.

Safe and productive work place

Working with the city of Brantford was a safe reliable environment. making sure all employees worked well within their comfort zone, as well as a safe workplace.

Pros

teaching kids

Cons

not enough hours

productive and fun workplace environment

I deal challenges with a positive attitude. Before reinventing the wheel I would see if any history of the same has been occurred in the past and study the steps that were taken. Hence, study about the issues and also take into account any past history of the same situation. I then prioritize the work, and make a game plan knowing the pros and corns. I make sure all the people involved are aware of the game plan and also take their input. I make sure to follow through the staff while these steps are being taken and if they are facing any challenges would work with them to identify the issues and rectify them. Once things are resolved, I document and keep a copy of the steps that we followed. And see if this situation was felt any different would that make it more easier and also see if there’s a way to avoid reoccurrence. My strategy to listen and identify, analyses and hence prioritizing the work has always helped me to work through the Challenges and I would be doing the same to achieve the success in the upcoming challenges.

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at CITY OF BRANTFORD?

best management skills

as per the review, i liked the culture and working environment it was wonderful working with all of them I learned the new techniques also enjoyed the office culture.

Pros

best friendly environment, top management, help in learning and educating

Cons

nothing at all

behind the walls

favouritism is definitely present in the workplace by supervisors and management. limited growth and job security and low pay. employees are hired based on relatives or relationships to management and not based on qualifications and experience.

Pros

too many

Cons

meet people

Excellent Co-workers

Working for the City of Brantford is a great place to work. The employees are excellent and the environment is well managed. The best part about this job is interacting with fellow members of the community while at the same time making Brantford a better place to live.

terribly mismanaged.

So many bosses, one never knows who they are! Favoritism is rampant and has been for many years. The manager is a powertripping evil woman who will lie to your face. I used to love my job and the city and its band of thieving overmanaged, and undereducated powertrippers is really too much to take. It is a mafia. untouchable and underhanded!

Pros

pay

Cons

no time off, treated like garbage by customers and management. driver trainer is a drunk who rear ends cars

Fun workplace

Easy environment to work in with many wonderful people. Reasonable management expectations. Positive culture. My position included working at multiple sites. An overall positive that keeps things fresh and interesting.

Professional work environment with excellent co-workers

• General office administration duties including data input, filing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying • Enter accounts payables & rent supplements in JD Edwards software • Handle switchboard calls from Ontario Works & Brant Housing clients, while multi-tasking to complete numerous other jobs one is responsible for • Experience face-to-face interaction with customers when handing out Ontario Works cheques to clients • Excessively use Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel for general office duties • View and input Ontario Works & Brant Housing client information in SAMS software

positive workplace

I work satruday mornings and coach a Learn to Dive class. I enjoy working with the Life Guards and the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, as well as the kids that I train.

Pros

good pay

Cons

far drive

Great group of individuals in a small city environment

I created many land parcel maps and highway interchanges to be used as background maps for future geographical information system project the city was in the process of implementing. A great group of workers who were more than happy to assist me when I needed it and a provided guidance in my professional development. I always felt welcome and apart of the team.

Downtown Development of the City of Brantford was an amazing opportunity

the hardest part of the job was dealing with interdepartmental controls and bringing the stakeholders of the downtown to a consensus developing innovative community and post secondary programs for a safe community

Pros

opportunity to redevelop the worst downtown in canada

Cons

long hours, inconsitent management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CITY OF BRANTFORD. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.0Job security/advancement