CITY OF BRANTFORD Employee Reviews

productive and fun workplace environment
Housing Facility Management Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 April 2019
I deal challenges with a positive attitude.

Before reinventing the wheel I would see if any history of the same has been occurred in the past and study the steps that were taken.
Hence, study about the issues and also take into account any past history of the same situation. I then prioritize the work, and make a game plan knowing the pros and corns.
I make sure all the people involved are aware of the game plan and also take their input.

I make sure to follow through the staff while these steps are being taken and if they are facing any challenges would work with them to identify the issues and rectify them.

Once things are resolved, I document and keep a copy of the steps that we followed. And see if this situation was felt any different would that make it more easier and also see if there’s a way to avoid reoccurrence.

My strategy to listen and identify, analyses and hence prioritizing the work has always helped me to work through the Challenges and I would be doing the same to achieve the success in the upcoming challenges.
best management skills
INTERNSHIP (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON2 March 2018
as per the review, i liked the culture and working environment it was wonderful working with all of them I learned the new techniques also enjoyed the office culture.
Pros
best friendly environment, top management, help in learning and educating
Cons
nothing at all
behind the walls
facility worker and administrator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON3 December 2017
favouritism is definitely present in the workplace by supervisors and management. limited growth and job security and low pay. employees are hired based on relatives or relationships to management and not based on qualifications and experience.
Pros
too many
Cons
meet people
Excellent Co-workers
Clean and assist in equipment repairs (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON14 November 2017
Working for the City of Brantford is a great place to work. The employees are excellent and the environment is well managed. The best part about this job is interacting with fellow members of the community while at the same time making Brantford a better place to live.
terribly mismanaged.
Transit Operator (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 April 2017
So many bosses, one never knows who they are! Favoritism is rampant and has been for many years. The manager is a powertripping evil woman who will lie to your face. I used to love my job and the city and its band of thieving overmanaged, and undereducated powertrippers is really too much to take. It is a mafia. untouchable and underhanded!
Pros
pay
Cons
no time off, treated like garbage by customers and management. driver trainer is a drunk who rear ends cars
Fun workplace
Facility Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 December 2016
Easy environment to work in with many wonderful people. Reasonable management expectations.
Positive culture.
My position included working at multiple sites. An overall positive that keeps things fresh and interesting.
Professional work environment with excellent co-workers
Administrative Support Accounting (Full-time) (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON31 October 2016
• General office administration duties including data input, filing, scanning, faxing, and photocopying
• Enter accounts payables & rent supplements in JD Edwards software
• Handle switchboard calls from Ontario Works & Brant Housing clients, while multi-tasking to complete
numerous other jobs one is responsible for
• Experience face-to-face interaction with customers when handing out Ontario Works cheques to clients
• Excessively use Microsoft Word & Microsoft Excel for general office duties
• View and input Ontario Works & Brant Housing client information in SAMS software
positive workplace
Diving Coach (Current Employee) –  Brantford, ON6 October 2016
I work satruday mornings and coach a Learn to Dive class. I enjoy working with the Life Guards and the Wayne Gretzky Sports Centre, as well as the kids that I train.
Pros
good pay
Cons
far drive
Great group of individuals in a small city environment
GIS Developer/Designer Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON5 June 2014
I created many land parcel maps and highway interchanges to be used as background maps for future geographical information system project the city was in the process of implementing. A great group of workers who were more than happy to assist me when I needed it and a provided guidance in my professional development. I always felt welcome and apart of the team.
Downtown Development of the City of Brantford was an amazing opportunity
Downtown Business Development Officer (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON4 March 2014
the hardest part of the job was dealing with interdepartmental controls and bringing the stakeholders of the downtown to a consensus

developing innovative community and post secondary programs for a safe community
Pros
opportunity to redevelop the worst downtown in canada
Cons
long hours, inconsitent management