City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Excellent first job opportunities
Instructor-Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 January 2018
Good first job opportunities, lots of training provided. Don't become too involved in the social scene, everyone knows each other and conflicts occur easily.
Fast paced environment with hot tub and slide
Lifeguard and Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2018
The work was really rewarding as I had an opportunity to teach people how to swim and make a difference in their lives. The coworkers that I worked with at the time made it a very friendly environment as well.
part time minimum no advacement
Child and Youth Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2018
the job at the city of brampton has no advancement

the staff are all very friendly and it is very easy to interact with customers since they are pleasent
Great Place to Work
Senior Manager, Human Resources (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 January 2018
Enjoyable, Great People, Amazing CEO.
Fast paced, innovative, future ready,
if you are looking to be involved with change and make a difference than the City of Brampton is for you.
Fun and Engaging work area
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 January 2018
It was an awesome experience and I had the opportunity to make great friends. Everyone looked out for each other as best as possible. The specialists and supervisors were great and took time to care about the workers.
If I could work as camp leader for the rest of my life I would.
Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 December 2017
A typical day at work would be engaging with all the participants and making sure they are enjoying themselves by interacting with other participants and many of the activities we plan for them. I learned a lot about myself and life through this job, I learned effective ways of how to work with different people and love every minute of it. The staff are all incredible and really make working with everyone very easy.
Great Co-Workers | Management Emphasis on Quality
Pool Lifeguard, Swimming and Lifesaving Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 December 2017
The job culture was good with regards to the employees that you work with. They become like family to you, even when you transfer to different facilities within the city. Management always emphasizes the quality of service, which can sometimes get a little stressful as expectations are set fairly high
comfortable environment
Facility Technician-Lead / Operations (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 December 2017
Great place to work and enjoy the people and flexible scheduling is easy you are able to work when you can and training for whaever you need is provided if requested
Management is not the best and are technology ignorant.
Application Developer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 November 2017
Easy job. Good work life balance. Too many manual processes and lots of paper work just to get a very simple thing done. Lack of communication between teams and lots of layoffs.
Productive and hard working place
Student Team Lead for the Horticultural Department (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 November 2017
Working as a student team lead for the horticultural, specifically IPM department, helped me become a stronger and more effective leader. I definitely enjoy working with my team and foreperson. The workplace is very friendly and welcoming.

Want to know more about City of Brampton?

Ask a question
Great Job!
Transit Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2017
Great job! I don't really have anything bad to say about my experience here, I must say that I enjoyed working here. Management was great and very approachable. The customer service skills you learn here are invaluable. Co-workers are great people! The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, but in any job, you will have to deal with that. The most enjoyable part of this job was serving the public. I would do it again if I had to.
Pros
Job security, Pay, Great managerial team and helpful co-workers
Cons
Rude customers
Love it
Inclusive instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2017
Very flexible hours and so much opportunities to move to different areas within the city. There is so many different jobs and options that you don't stay in one field for long.
Productive and great place to work and grow
Seasonal Labourer-Parks Department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2017
Great place to learn and grow with a dynamic group pf people in a city related role. I worked in the Parks Department and i got signed off on many machines and equipment during my time there.
Fun workplace and amazing staff
SLIDE GUARD/LIFEGAURD (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2017
-depending on weather it could be very busy with lots of families on the beach, slide or boathouse
-i learned how to help patrons into their boats safely and ensure the rules of the beach, slide and boathouse, as well as better communication skills
-great management team who was very accommodating with the schedule, hours and special requests
-a very welcoming and enjoyable environment
-hardest part of the job would be dealing with patrons who simply just wanted to argue with you
-most enjoyable part would be being able to have conversations with people
great atmosphere with a lot of great people
PLASP after school Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
a lot of great coworkers who are motivated daily to come in and give the job they are doing they're all. it was very diverse and i learned a lot work based and life based from the city, overall a great experience.
great organization!
Swimming Instructor, Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2017
this was an amazing place to start my first ever job. I learned a great deal about community, discipline and was able to improve my interpersonal, professionalism and customer service while working with this company. It set me up for the skills i depend on everyday. It works well with students who are looking for a part time job, or occasional volunteer work.
Fun Workplace with a great atmosphere
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
I personally loved working there, but found it too exhausting as the Leaders didn't do anything but we as the volunteers had to do a lot of more work then the leaders. All they did was boss us around but teaching kids was a great experience. There are some negatives but the positives overweigh the cons.
Fun work place
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2017
great team feel like a family, everyone is always welcoming and do not judge you. I have been working their for a few years so I know the place and enjoyed it would stay but don't have time
Alright
Barn assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 August 2017
Lots of favotism and very hard to find someone to call vet a shift when you are sick. But the animals there are really nice and the schedule was often unfair
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not may days off
Enjoyable working atmosphere with friendly and understanding employees and management
Parks Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Working for the parks department in the city of Brampton has been a pleasant job experience for me. It makes you feel more confident and encouraged to do a job when you feel your employers respect and trust you, which is how I felt working here. I am glad I had the opportunity to work in an outdoors environment with friendly staff and knowledgable supervision.
Pros
Steady hours, decent student pay
Cons
Sometimes involves strenuous work