City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Awesome place to work
Student Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
Super fun, everyone is very kind. Good pay. It was a pleasure to come into work everyday. Lots of positivity in the work room. I would recommend this company especially for a student job.
Very demanding, must be passionate
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2018
Must be passionate about teaching swimming. Lots expected of you for a very little salary. Was at $14.00 before the minimum wage raise and still at $14.00 so is not worth paying for all my qualification and keeping them current utilizing lots of my time.
Pros
Great way to impact people wanting to learn how to swim
Cons
Bad pay
Great workplace environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 April 2018
The city of Brampton has very great people who are very welcoming to new employees. Everyone I have encountered so far is really nice and respectful. The environment is good to work in.
experience
Asst. Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton19 April 2018
I am so thankful for this experience and am glad that i had the opportunity to work there at such a young age. I would highly recommend youth to work here and gain this experience.
The work place is a clam environment
DECK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 April 2018
Recommend it to any one looking for a good first. This job has taught me a lot. One bing how to deal with customers and how to get the job done in a fast and timely manner .
Laid back, easy going work. Very few hours
SPORTS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 April 2018
pay is great, above minimum wage even for students. Many people are hired, and there ends up being a drastic excess of employees for the work available, resulting in few hours for all.
Whatever
SPORTS INSTRUCTOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 April 2018
Not a completely terrible place to work, pay is nice because it's a government job, but hours are not good. Lucky to get 10 hours a week
/////////////
Pros
good pay
Cons
few hours a week
fun place, very unorganized
Skate Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 April 2018
I loved working with city, I would do it again in a heartbeat. Although the management was unorganized and my coworkers lazy, everyone was super friendly and the kids made it worth it.
enjoyable
Crossing Guard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 March 2018
enjoyed my job a lot, met a lot of nice people and got to know my community a bit more. wonderful experience. I was able to hold a part time job yet be with my family when they came home from school. hardest part of the job have had to been the fact that you have to stand outside in all weather conditions.
Fun Place to work
Recreational program staff (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 March 2018
Fun place for youngster to work at, as your first job. Lost of friendly customers, staff, and participants. Just one thing, not enough hours for current staff.
Everything you've heard about working for the government is true
Network Administrator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 March 2018
Everything you've heard about working for the government is true. There is very little turnover because people get comfortable there. This is a double edged sword.
Great Team
Inclusion Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 March 2018
Team is great and you have the opportunity to build great relationships with clients and management team. Most rewarding feeling is helping others and seeing a smile on their face.
No good place to work anymore
IT Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
City of Brampton has changed a lot the last 3 years, it is very unstable, a lot of lay off, lack of leadership, IT is not moving forward, a lot of micromanagement and little vision. No promotions.
flexible for students
Student Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2018
ability to work and learn basic operations regarding
asphalt, concrete, planting, special events setup.

ability to fulfill customer orders in a timely manner.

Ability to learn and excel on the job.
Parks and recreation was a great first job.
Sales Attendant/Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Chinguacousy11 March 2018
I typically served the public with services such as rental equipment, food and refreshments and paddle boat attendant. I learned how to handle and problem solve when there is a high amount of volume in customers at one time. Management was always helpful with making sure that the seasonal part time jobs in the winter would transition into a job for the summer. The hardest part of the job was to be working three jobs at once to fulfill the needs of the public during busy hours. The most enjoyable part was working with the staff in city of brampton in chinguacousy.
Fun
Volunteer Services (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 March 2018
Worked closely with a variety of age groups, primarily young children, in several City-run classes and events. Specifically, I volunteered in the Aquatics, Badminton, Preschool, Dance and Holiday events over a 3 year period. Strengthened my social skills, specifically communication, through consistent interaction with members of the community. Accumulated an approximate 400 community service hours with the City.
Great Experience
Swimming Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON3 March 2018
I loved working at Loafers, great team to be with and always helped each other out. Highly recommended for those that want to get into teaching or even learning First Aid.
volunteer
Community Worker (Volunteer) (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 February 2018
The City Of Brampton is amazing to volunteer as it helps newer generations to volunteer for the city of brampton, there is a lot of events they do during every the march break and the holiday seasons and plus it is fun for family too I enjoyed it so much when i volunteered at the City Of Brampton.
Pros
a lot of fun
Great outside job
Parks Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 February 2018
I've worked for the City of Brampton in the Parks Department for 6 years now. It's a joy to have a park as your office. There are days that are physically straining, and other days which are not as much. There is always a variety of tasks to do and that keeps things interesting. The crews are relatively small and everyone feels like family. It's a rewarding feeling being involved in community events, connecting with residents, and taking pride in a job well done.
Very friendly environment
POOL DECK SUPERVISOR (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2018
I learnt a lot of important skills while working with the city of Brampton. Working here taught me how to be a leader, how to work well in a team based environment, helped me improve my time management skills, and communication skills.