City of Brampton Employee Reviews

job security
Seasonal Temp Gardener (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 September 2018
there is no job security and not enough clothing for new staff and there is a lot of training for new staff which is good and the people u work with are friendly and helpful
Pros
pay
Cons
no jobs
great place to work and friendly co workers.
Facility Attendant (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 September 2018
The works experience that I have received from Chris Gibson Recreation has really taught me invaluable experience and has given me much knowledge in all areas of cleaning including heavy duty cleaning.
Pros
great supervisor
Cons
don't give full time hours
Enjoyable Work Environment
Inclusion Instructor and Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2018
About 8 hours of customer service and inclusion instructing. Overtime is available if wanted. You get to meet a diverse amount of people every day. Lots of old staff are very helpful and give tips to help you succeed.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Fun place to work, very interactive
Facility Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 August 2018
Always get opportunity to get involved in different activities. Fun place to work. Work life balance obtained. Need more stability for any job. More about have contract which not sure will be renewed.
great working environment and rewarding job
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 August 2018
part of my duties included having to take care of people with disabilities and assuring that they completed their tasks for the day and give assistance when needed.
Great environment with friendliest people on earth
Camp Leader (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 August 2018
City of Brampton camps is an amazing place to work especially as a first job. I did it and several of my friends did it and we all loved it.
Play games with campers, go on trips or play sports, be in a kitchen or go swimming or even dance! There are so many different camps you will find one for you.
Great Summer Job
Integration Worker/ Site Head (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2018
In my three years working with The City of Brampton it has been a pleasant experience. I learned how to interact with the public and develop skills such as patience, commitment and time management.
Pros
Involvement with the community
Cons
Short hours (1 hour, 1.5 hours, 2 hours)
Fun Place To Work Temp
Assistant Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 August 2018
Had a great time working there throughout highschool however not much advancement. Hardest part depends on the type of summer camp you will be doing or job you are given. Job is fairly easy and enjoyable.
Fun and Relaxed Atmosphere
Parks Laborer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 July 2018
Working for the City of Brampton is an amazing experience as a student. Work hours are flexible, the work load is tolerable, and the staff is always friendly. There is lots of room for promotions as well.
Enjoyable work environment while getting to swim alongside new learners.
AQUATIC VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
It was a great experience to be able to volunteer here and I would highly recommend it to anybody looking for an exciting and fun volunteer opportunity.
Pros
Enjoyable
Public Service
Coordinator Programming and Presenting (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON9 July 2018
There has been a steady improvement in management and vision. I have had a wonderful career here. The changing demographics offer unique opportunities to develop as a professional.
very good
Project Coordinator, Engineering & Construction (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 June 2018
Focus on the company and your individual experience while employed there
Provide reasons for why you liked or disliked working at the company
Nice working environment
Team spirit.
Pros
1 hr. lunch time
Cons
reasonable hrs
Rewarding job but with fluctuating environment
Inclusive Program Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON17 June 2018
In my experience on the job I was not as fortunate to be located at the same recreational center and with the same participant throughout a season, I was required to move to various centers and adapt to each participant, environment, as well the stationed staff. The rewarding side of the job is the possible life long impact you leave on each of the participants your are responsible for. Not to mention the staff, including the site heads and boss, are very clear about the situation and what is required of you while making that extra effort to make everyone feel apart of the family.
Pros
support filled job as well as an active job
Cons
High tolerance, patience, and adaptibility
Rewarding and fun
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 May 2018
I love my position with the City.
I love that every day brings new challenges and learning opportunities.
I have been with the company 20 years and it truely doesn’t feel that long.
It’s awesome to go to work every day and enjoy what you do and who you work with.
Pros
Working with your friends
Cons
The public can be harsh
Concession Stand Attendant
Concession Stand Attendant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON29 May 2018
I had a great experience working for the City of Brampton as they gave me flexible hours. This was great because I was able to work while going to school. I also liked how friendly the atmosphere was as well.
Amazing
Skate Instructor and Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 May 2018
I loved working for the city, it was the best job I had. Staff were friendly, there were many opportunities to grow and they provided all the training/ certificates you need.
Fun and rather unpredictable workplace
GENERAL VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 May 2018
Enjoyed my volunteer experience at the City of Brampton recreation centers. Developed many important and necessary skills needed to be successful in life.
Pros
Good management
Cons
No breaks
Awesome place to work
Student Labourer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 April 2018
Super fun, everyone is very kind. Good pay. It was a pleasure to come into work everyday. Lots of positivity in the work room. I would recommend this company especially for a student job.
Very demanding, must be passionate
Swim Instructor and Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 April 2018
Must be passionate about teaching swimming. Lots expected of you for a very little salary. Was at $14.00 before the minimum wage raise and still at $14.00 so is not worth paying for all my qualification and keeping them current utilizing lots of my time.
Pros
Great way to impact people wanting to learn how to swim
Cons
Bad pay
Great workplace environment
Lifeguard (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 April 2018
The city of Brampton has very great people who are very welcoming to new employees. Everyone I have encountered so far is really nice and respectful. The environment is good to work in.