City of Brampton

City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Canada319 reviews
great place to work
Loved working here. wouldn't have left but i moved out of the area. great staff and awesome management, a real team atmosphere. I would recommend anyone to work there in a heart beat
It can be hard to get feedback from middle and upper management
There are growth opportunities but there is often a culture of "wait and see" which means that a lot of promising avenues are not explored. It can be frustrating to deal with that attitude.
Never a dull moment
if you enjoy with working kids or your intrested in learning if you do working in the recreation programs is a great opportunity to do so. you are surrounded by a helpful and caring team who will look out for you.
fun
very fun and get to work with a lot of different people

get to manage volunteers

community event planning

healthy work environment

flexible

good management
Good
Good place to work, just watch out for those who try to take advantage of you to get ahead, in the long run it doesn’t work out for them but it can be frustrating in the short term especially since management doesn’t see it as they are busy with their own duties.
Pros
work culture
Cons
pay, work-life balance
Good
I enjoy it a lot nothing I couldn’t handle it , fun and enjoyable environment, no trouble at all relax and quiet, so in all I enjoyed the place and o had fun
Fun workplace which develops a personal sense of responsibility
The work is fun but time management is important to ensure deadlines are met. Hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is working at an above standard level to ensure patrons are leaving with a smile on their face and happy memories. Work environment is safe and accepting of all and everyone is happy coming into work.
Good Place to work
A good place to work, easy to grow in the company. Depending on the season, is what you are doing, so summer is camps, winter is a rental shop for skiing and snowboarding, so a variety of options. There are hard days and chill days as well, be prepared for both. Need to be good with children
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at City of Brampton?
fun workplace
Great environment! supervisors always have your back. Staff is friendly and makes coming to work great. Customers have developed relationships so its a great atmosphere.
Flexible hours
Been working with City of Brampton for over 7 years and i must say the hours are very flexible throughout their corporation. You can work in different departments to gain different experience.
Pros
hors are very flexible
Cons
the pay can more
Overall amazing job
Great experience while working there, very friendly work environment, highly recommend this job to any student looking to expand on their social skills
A Fun experience as a summer camp leader
The workplace culture at the city of Brampton is like no other. It's such an enjoyable place to work at and they pride themselves on the amount of diversity within the community and how inclusive it can be. I've been able to learn so much as an employee there and have been able to use the skills and lessons into my everyday life and grow as a person. I truly think the city of Brampton has been a positive influence in my life and I will always be grateful.
Great place to get experience
I got to do a lot of different activities and completed a wide variety of work. This allowed me to gain a lot of different experience and become more confident in what I do.
fun workplace
The kids were always excited to come to camp which put a smile o my face. I loved spending time and bonding with them. The employees were great and made me feel welcomed.
Fun workplace with great people
Working for the City of Brampton has been a great experience. What makes it stand out from other places is the people for the most part, I have met some of the greatest people.
Excellent place to work
Great people to work with. Slow paced. Salary and benefits are excellent. excellent place to work. Flexibility, work and life balance. Caring and compassionate team mates.
Unstable contracts
This place is like a revolving door or contract workers there to protect the unskilled full timers who hate you b/c they are outdated. Full-time employees abuse work hours - come late, leave early, eternal lunch hours... its the culture there not a exception... b/c they're on tax payer money. They started firing a lot of dead weight but they've got a long way to go. People come to work sloppy and resent you if you dress nicely... constant leveling.
A reasonable work place
City of Brampton provides a very large colorful workplace couture. With that present many different opportunities and directions for personal growth and development.
Exciting and fun place to work at
I work with children and i love what i do.
i have no complaints about my workplace.

i teach soccer and i also have the pleasure of working with other people around my age that also have a passion for their job
most ethentic place for work
1. best place to work with best people
2.the most best enviroment

3.Best skilled people with good experience

4. Run under best management and great people
productive and always on my feet
Working with the city of Brampton always kept me on my feet, which made me stressed. working with children was not easy for the first few weeks, but it got better.