City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Great environment and amazing staff overall.
Gore Meadows Camp Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2019
The workplace culture was amazing with very friendly faces. The most enjoyable part of working there was spending time with the children and playing with them.
Fire Prevention Officer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 March 2019
I am happy and proud to be a member of City of Brampton. I like that the focus is on the people in our community and providing the best service to them.
Camp Councillor
Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON12 March 2019
great experience overall, learned a lot of games and had a great time interacting with the variety of kids that came to the camps throughout the summer.
Overall great experience
Lifeguard/Supervisor at city of Brampton (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 March 2019
City of Brampton takes care of their employees and is a great way to gain experience. Gives a very positive work environment and gives all employees chances to grow use skills learned
Good Staff and working situation
Summer Camp Counselor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 March 2019
Very well managed place with a very respectable staff. The managers are very outgoing and respectful. The staff is very welcoming of the campers and the other staffs and always do their best to keep the kids happy and energized.
Productive and Fun work place
Camp Leader - Gore Meadows (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON23 February 2019
Working at Gore Meadows is an extreme pleasure. The ability to work with children in an active environment challenges you to communicate effectively and stay on your toes.
Pros
Ability to grow, low stress
fun and easy
Fitness Instructor, South Fletcher's Sportsplex (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON21 February 2019
friendly environment with friendly staff and members. easy going job not too much stress. Not too many hours available which is a downfall working for the city however overall it is an amazing experience thus far
Cons
not enough hours
Great summer job!
Temporary Parkskeeper on Contract (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 February 2019
Workers have the opportunity to be trained on a variety of tools/pieces of equipment. Employees also participate in various duties throughout the day which provides variety.
experience
INCLUSION WORKER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 February 2019
good sportsmanship and environment. depending on how the day goes it can typically be busy or silent. I've learned how to cash handle, train individuals. and overall work on my social skills
Great experience
LIFESAVING/SWIMMING INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 February 2019
I learned a large variety of skills, worked with children and ran programs. I made lesson plans, worked one on one with kids and worked with participants of many ages
Fun and Challenging Workplace
Inclusion Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON31 January 2019
Working with the City of Brampton is an amazing time. It is full of fun times and challenging times. When working with an individual participant, everyone is so different and unique that it requires a little bit of thinking before approaching any situation, which makes it quite interesting. Management is very helpful and very quick to get back to you with techniques to improve your work or even with feedback on what you're doing really well. They are easy to talk to and work with.
Pros
Friendly Work Environment, Amazing Time, Opportunity to acquire new skills
Encouraging workplace
Swim Instructor/Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON26 January 2019
The staff were all friendly and motivating which made it a good place to work in. The managers and supervisors were always approachable which made it nice.
Returned to municipal politics after an absense of 11 years
CITY COUNCILLOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 January 2019
I returned to Municipal politics in order to restore order and financial health to the 9th largest city in Canada.

Worked with a provincial auditor to put a plan in place to systematically address concerns regarding a $215 million debt and depleted reserves.

As a result of the changes Brampton received the highest grade in Canada from the C.D. Howe Institute for budgeting and public disclosure of financial data.
Cons
Much resistance to change
Enjoyed teaching the clientel
Computer Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 January 2019
I taught evening classes to seniors. The staff at the centre was polite and courteous. I really only had social interaction with other instructors and my coordinator. The job was easy because the seniors were eager to learn in an environment where they can ask the same question many times and get a friendly response. A rewarding experience for me.
Very fun job
Sports Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 January 2019
It was a very enjoyable job, i love working with the kids and watching them improve. I developed may skills from this job, and the people their are amazing.
good place to work
Swimming Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 January 2019
loved working with all the nice staff and children at the city of Brampton. everyone was super welcoming when I first started so that made the transition into a new job easier
Pros
nice people
Cons
30min lunch
A great and save work place
Gymnastics Coach (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON30 December 2018
I loved working at KG, it was a great work experience as a teenager in high school, and I also learned many great things such as leadership skills, and how to work well with children and their parents.
Nice Place to Work
INCLUSION INSTRUCTOR (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON22 December 2018
Enjoyable experience. There are some obstacles with the children sometimes but overall the environment is really nice. The co-workers and staff are kind and the children are pretty cooperative.
pretty chill
Senior Operations Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON19 December 2018
pay is great for the amount of work expected. you can easily advance if you don't mess up. management is very lazy. training is lacklustre. a lot of favouritism is evident in the workplace. one of my managers was from Orangeville, and even though this was a job for city of BRAMPTON, we surprisingly had about 10 people out of 50 from orangeville, coincidence?
Teacher/ Camp leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON16 December 2018
The city of Brampton was a great city to work with. I was offered many opportunities when it came to expanding my experience and talents. I really enjoyed my time there, the people I worked with and the overall environment at each recreation center.