City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Productive and hard working place
Student Team Lead for the Horticultural Department (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 November 2017
Working as a student team lead for the horticultural, specifically IPM department, helped me become a stronger and more effective leader. I definitely enjoy working with my team and foreperson. The workplace is very friendly and welcoming.
Great Job!
Transit Service Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 October 2017
Great job! I don't really have anything bad to say about my experience here, I must say that I enjoyed working here. Management was great and very approachable. The customer service skills you learn here are invaluable. Co-workers are great people! The hardest part of the job was dealing with rude customers, but in any job, you will have to deal with that. The most enjoyable part of this job was serving the public. I would do it again if I had to.
Pros
Job security, Pay, Great managerial team and helpful co-workers
Cons
Rude customers
Love it
Inclusive instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2017
Very flexible hours and so much opportunities to move to different areas within the city. There is so many different jobs and options that you don't stay in one field for long.
Productive and great place to work and grow
Seasonal Labourer-Parks Department (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON4 October 2017
Great place to learn and grow with a dynamic group pf people in a city related role. I worked in the Parks Department and i got signed off on many machines and equipment during my time there.
Fun workplace and amazing staff
SLIDE GUARD/LIFEGAURD (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON25 September 2017
-depending on weather it could be very busy with lots of families on the beach, slide or boathouse
-i learned how to help patrons into their boats safely and ensure the rules of the beach, slide and boathouse, as well as better communication skills
-great management team who was very accommodating with the schedule, hours and special requests
-a very welcoming and enjoyable environment
-hardest part of the job would be dealing with patrons who simply just wanted to argue with you
-most enjoyable part would be being able to have conversations with people
great atmosphere with a lot of great people
PLASP after school Program Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON18 September 2017
a lot of great coworkers who are motivated daily to come in and give the job they are doing they're all. it was very diverse and i learned a lot work based and life based from the city, overall a great experience.
great organization!
Swimming Instructor, Lifeguard (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON7 September 2017
this was an amazing place to start my first ever job. I learned a great deal about community, discipline and was able to improve my interpersonal, professionalism and customer service while working with this company. It set me up for the skills i depend on everyday. It works well with students who are looking for a part time job, or occasional volunteer work.
Fun Workplace with a great atmosphere
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 September 2017
I personally loved working there, but found it too exhausting as the Leaders didn't do anything but we as the volunteers had to do a lot of more work then the leaders. All they did was boss us around but teaching kids was a great experience. There are some negatives but the positives overweigh the cons.
Fun work place
Dance Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON1 September 2017
great team feel like a family, everyone is always welcoming and do not judge you. I have been working their for a few years so I know the place and enjoyed it would stay but don't have time
Alright
Barn assistant (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 August 2017
Lots of favotism and very hard to find someone to call vet a shift when you are sick. But the animals there are really nice and the schedule was often unfair
Pros
Experience
Cons
Not may days off
Enjoyable working atmosphere with friendly and understanding employees and management
Parks Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 August 2017
Working for the parks department in the city of Brampton has been a pleasant job experience for me. It makes you feel more confident and encouraged to do a job when you feel your employers respect and trust you, which is how I felt working here. I am glad I had the opportunity to work in an outdoors environment with friendly staff and knowledgable supervision.
Pros
Steady hours, decent student pay
Cons
Sometimes involves strenuous work
volunteer
Volunteer Work (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 July 2017
volunteer only not a paid job

Volunteer meeting was held at Century Gardens Recreational Center one Monday per month. We discussed events happening in the city sponsor by the City of Brampton and was given the opportunity to volunteer at the event of our choice
Productive and fun workplace.
Summer Camp Counsellor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
Learned how to deal with large groups of kids, be inclusive of diversity and special needs. Work with different members on a team. Typical day was the routine set by programmers - swimming, field trip, or taking participants to different activities.
Basic job
Life Guard and Swim Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON11 July 2017
When i worked PT worker pay was frozen. So the incentive to to continue working through highshool was diminished. Staff is always great but patrons are not well informed
Productive and fun workplace with many jobs!
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON2 July 2017
The City of Brampton is a huge place to work for. Thanks to them, I've done multiple jobs all around Brampton, and have learnt many skills from them, like leadership and team management. The workplace culture is incredible, with the leaders always making sure volunteers and other coworkers are doing their best, and management is top quality. The hardest part of the job is the constant areas that you have to be working in, due to the city being so big, but the most enjoyable part of the job would definitely be that every job is usually interesting, and fun to do.
Standard
Customer Service Representative (Group Leader) (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON27 June 2017
A typical day consists of deposits, payroll, bookings, phone calls and emailing customers and management. I've learned to be patient and considerate of others.
Pros
Standard
Cons
Difficult to move ahead
Great.
Service Centre Clerk (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
The job is great. The people are all amazing. The only downside to the job is that the hours are unreliable. The pay is great, above average, no health benefits though.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Unreliable hours
No hours
Skating Instructor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON20 June 2017
Slim to no hours at this establishment, friendly people but very little shifts. Definitely was not making ends meet with the pay cheques I was receiving.
Fun workplace with many people
Sports Instructor (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON8 June 2017
The job is very fun for anyone who likes sports and interacting with youth. You have to keep up with anything that is thrown at you, whether its covering someone's shift or having to clean up the kid's mess (depending on the age group)
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Their aren't that many hours available
Good place to start out
Facility Operator (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 June 2017
You are given a number of tasks to do but in relation to the work given the pay doesn't match up, but there a few good people there that make working there easier, as well as some really lovely customers. Like every job there are its good days and bad days.
Pros
Job Security
Cons
Low pay, internal Politics, A handful of tasks to be accomplished