City of Brampton

City of Brampton Employee Reviews

Productive and Fun workplace

-Strong work culture, making sure to complete given tasks.-Adhering to company policies.-Prioritizing time, following health and safety when working.

Pros

Good management

Cons

Repetiive tasks

It was a great place to work. I worked at a smaller gym and they were very community focused. Once you got your shifts they were yours. Sometimes there would be a few hiccups with house scheduled by management (getting scheduled for shifts you could not work) but they were always easy to fix.Great over all experience.

Good job

Good job, good hours of operation and good benefitsGood training and staff a wealth of knowledge is gained ability to move to various jobs within the organization

Fun relaxed place to work and teach

nice place to work and have fun teaching and working with friendly managers and co-workers in a relaxed environment. Would recommended to anyone who is considering applying.

Pros

Understanding managers, decent pay, manageable responsibilities

Cons

being in pool for longer time frames can get a bit cold, students can be hard to teach/control at times

Great People to work with!

I am enjoying my job as a crossing guard for City of Brampton.Like to see the sense of Community and Pride that the City workers convey. From the staff that look out for us.. looking after snow to the Bus drivers that always give a friendly wave.The Crossing Guard Management team are always there for us if we have a problem and keep us well informed. Always doing so in such a friendly way.The best thing about my job is the wonderful Families I have met and the fresh air always agrees with me. Unfortunately, it is a Part time position and I have come back to a point in my life where I would love to embark on some new opportunities.

Pros

Outdoors

Cons

Covid

Productive and fun workplace

I have worked over 2 years as Contractor, fun place to work, my first and second manager was very good to me. I learned a lot from day to day work. its nice place to work.

Was A great starter Job, Should've quit after year two

Part-time was great with great people and customers.. but POLITICS and a pay freeze on 10.25 a hour for two years was a joke...Nepostism By Susan Fennell really killed what i had intended to be a career with the city. I was the main Part timer for many years at a facility and watched as my shifts were cut to give better hours and shifts to sons of management. When I left to a different facility to escape that it was good until a change in Management forced me out of the job due to a sudden inability to work with my availability and a complete abuse of power.

Pros

Paid lunches, Meet A lot Of Great People

Cons

Politics!!!, Nepotism

Productive and fun

Worked with kids and colleagues. Had a lot of fun each and every day with the kids, played games and was a camp leader. Showed leadership and most importantly a team player.

Great Experience, hard to get in permanently.

They offer 6 month contracts continuously which makes it hard to plan for the future. Otherwise, great environment for gaining experience. They pay well and off raises with each contract extension.

perfect job for students

city of Brampton is a great place to work with many training opportunities for different trainings that can give you more experience to be able to complete different tasks making you a more vital worker.

great place to work

Loved working here. wouldn't have left but i moved out of the area. great staff and awesome management, a real team atmosphere. I would recommend anyone to work there in a heart beat

It can be hard to get feedback from middle and upper management

There are growth opportunities but there is often a culture of "wait and see" which means that a lot of promising avenues are not explored. It can be frustrating to deal with that attitude.

Never a dull moment

if you enjoy with working kids or your intrested in learning if you do working in the recreation programs is a great opportunity to do so. you are surrounded by a helpful and caring team who will look out for you.

fun

very fun and get to work with a lot of different people get to manage volunteers community event planning healthy work environment flexible good management

Good

Good place to work, just watch out for those who try to take advantage of you to get ahead, in the long run it doesn’t work out for them but it can be frustrating in the short term especially since management doesn’t see it as they are busy with their own duties.

Pros

work culture

Cons

pay, work-life balance

Good

I enjoy it a lot nothing I couldn’t handle it , fun and enjoyable environment, no trouble at all relax and quiet, so in all I enjoyed the place and o had fun

Fun workplace which develops a personal sense of responsibility

The work is fun but time management is important to ensure deadlines are met. Hardest part of the job is making sure everyone is working at an above standard level to ensure patrons are leaving with a smile on their face and happy memories. Work environment is safe and accepting of all and everyone is happy coming into work.

Good Place to work

A good place to work, easy to grow in the company. Depending on the season, is what you are doing, so summer is camps, winter is a rental shop for skiing and snowboarding, so a variety of options. There are hard days and chill days as well, be prepared for both. Need to be good with children

fun workplace

Great environment! supervisors always have your back. Staff is friendly and makes coming to work great. Customers have developed relationships so its a great atmosphere.

Flexible hours

Been working with City of Brampton for over 7 years and i must say the hours are very flexible throughout their corporation. You can work in different departments to gain different experience.

Pros

hors are very flexible

Cons

the pay can more

Overall amazing job

Great experience while working there, very friendly work environment, highly recommend this job to any student looking to expand on their social skills

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Brampton. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.2