City of Airdrie Employee Reviews

Productive and fun working environment.
Parks Maintenance Worker (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB15 August 2018
Working for the City Of Airdrie has been one of the most rewarding jobs I’ve ever experienced.
I am just so thrilled to have worked for this amazing company.
Pros
Working outside all day
Cons
Seasonal:(
Good place
Part time summer job (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB8 August 2018
This is just a summer job. Would be awesome to get on full time. Days are long but you get a three day weekend. Helping to make the city look better. Bosses are easy to get along with and try to have fun.
Trainers
Current employee (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2018
I am a long time employee and I deal with the training department on a daily basis. The company has one trainer and a training coordinator. The trainer is a multi-tradesman that is totally relevant to the equipment we have and is a very smart person and knows how to train. (Unfortunately they let this person go) On the other hand I have to deal with the training coordinator who does not have the required trade and knowledge of equipment and misinforms you, calls you an idiot or down right lies to you on a daily basis. The company needs to wake up and revamp the training department. Stay away from this company and the TC with throw you under the bus...
benefits
Cons
Working with training coordinator.
good place
Volunteer Firefighter (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB28 June 2018
great organization to work for, the management is great to its staff and so accommodating. the hardest part is dealing with angry customers but hat happens every where
Productive work place
Park Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB13 June 2018
I enjoy every minute of my time there, friendly environment got to work with good and productive people. It was always team oriented and the supervisor was a true leader.
Pros
Long breaks
Cons
Sometimes cold or hot
productive and fun workplace in a new enviroment.
Gardener (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB14 March 2018
The hardest part was the amount of time spent with the crew if you didn't get along with someone you spent 10 hours with that person 4 days a week. I learnt how to be a team player and how to plan out a day to make the most efficient day possible. the most enjoyable part was the community and the friendships made between crew members and community members.
Pros
You get to be outdoors
Cons
unpredictable weather
Job security is poor
Municipal Enfor (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB31 July 2017
The employees at the City of Airdrie are very friendly and welcoming. I left a stable permanent full time job that I loved, working in a great municipality for an opportunity with the City of Airdrie. On my 21st day of working for the City of Airdrie they decided they wanted someone else and I was let go with no explaination, the week before I had recieved postive feedback and praise on my job performance so far. I spent a fair amount in moving expenses and left my home to move to Airdrie for this position which they were aware of. During my 21 days there I was given no training by my supervisor and rarely saw them, my time was spent shadowing other employees. I would not recommend leaving a stable job if you have one to work for this corporation.
productive and enjoyable
Arena and Plant Operator (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB2 December 2016
Put on every day the necessary energy to achieve my goals .
By challenge the most difficult task that's the way to learned.
management are the best in the area and the relationship with my co-workers are excellent with in good environment and good costumer services.
Ours duties demand focus to delivery and challenge ours skills at every moment to succeed and by seem the satisfaction and happiness on costumer face, ours jobs it been pay off for the day.
Fun and Engaging Workplace
PROGRAMMER ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 February 2016
I worked for the City of Airdrie for 4 years with their Summer Daycamps program. I loved working this this group of people as well as the children in the programs both as a Recreation Leader and then as a Programmer Assistant. The jobs were fun, challenging, exciting, and inclusive.
Fun, good place to work if you live in the city
Life Guard (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB3 June 2015
Good place to work, benefits, vacation pay, city union. Lots of friend employees and employers to make everyone feel welcome.
Stable summer work for students
Landscape Gardener (Current Employee) –  Airdrie, AB22 August 2013
A perfect 8-4:30 job that puts you in a team work environment for the entire day, with freedom to manage your own schedule among other students like yourself.
Stressful job but learned alot about policing.
Police Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Airdrie, AB6 November 2012
A typical work day included front counter reception, customer service, data entry, typing transciptions, handling mail and stationery orders, cash and cheque handling, bank deposits, filing as well as handling phone calls from the public, RCMP members, and others.
Pros
worked close to home.
Cons
negative environment.