City of Abbotsford
View all City of Abbotsford reviews

City of Abbotsford

City of Abbotsford Employee Review

22 year decline in morale

The City of Abbotsford was a bright, progressive, decent place to work... but over the years nepotism, draconian practices, and punitive measures crept in. More and more staff disappeared for the slightest of reasons, and were replaced by favor to friends and relatives of Council and senior staff. HR went through several iterations, further destabilizing the atmosphere.

Pros

Flex time, fitness passes in exchange for OT, as an option. Lunch and learns.

Cons

Sponsored education must be linked to job you have, instead of your future goals as it used to be, exempt staff work excessive hours and are pressured against their conscience to demean subordinates.

3.0 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

it was fun

one day a week me and my class worked around the length of the school day we would get paid 35 dollars a day the work was easy if the job site was deemed unsafe we would go work some where else
Same location

Productive and fun workplace environment

Thoroughly enjoy working for Abbotsford's recreation centers. Everyone is so friendly and always provide assistance when needed. I would absolutely recommend working here.

Awful place to work

Horrible managers, horrible environment, not paid enough. Treated like garbage. So glad I left and found the same job but in a different municipality and am getting treated so much better!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Abbotsford. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement

Compare City of Abbotsford with

City of Abbotsford reviews by location

Learn about City of Abbotsford in popular locations