City of Abbotsford

City of Abbotsford Culture reviews

Canada28 reviews

Clear

Productive and fun workplace environment

Thoroughly enjoy working for Abbotsford's recreation centers. Everyone is so friendly and always provide assistance when needed. I would absolutely recommend working here.

Friendly coworkers.

The staff genuinely care for each other. Friendly environment and flexible hours for employees in school. Be careful not to get caught up in workplace politics.

Insights into City of Abbotsford

Areas for improvement
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Time and location flexibility

fast working in sales

a typical day in sales is starting your day and help customers as best as you can Most enjoyable part in your job is when the customer leaves your place sadisfied and you work as a team with your coworkers

Good work for students

I worked for the pool, it's a great job if you're in school or if you want some extra hours and have another job. It isn't that great if you do it full time as advancement and management isn't as optimized as other city pools (from what I know at-least). Overall, the pay is good and it's pretty chill as long as you show up and are decent.

Pros

Relaxed culture

Cons

Management/supervision not optimized

Heavy at the top.

If you are not liked by mgmt you will not excel or get any future training even if you are good at your job. it seems that people get hired because they may know someone. Managers have been known to scout out their own employees that they want. Not an equitable employer. Saw a post where a pro was Birthday lunches? Not sure who you worked for but thats news to me. 35 hour work weeks in Administration and 40 hrs at the works yard.

Pros

Cons

Major politics, inexperienced managers, terrible benefits and union is almost extinct.

Productive, fast-paced fun place to work

Positive thinking, encouragement, support, hard working, valued team. A fun place to work! I pushed myself to learn new things and challenge myself in ways I never thought I would.

Pros

birthday lunches

Fun Workplace

In a typical day, its a fast paced work environment, with lots of different things going on. Through working at the City of Abbotsford, I learn how to be a leader, to take responsibility for others, and how to manage an aquatic operation. Management has always supported me and they were there to answer my questions and concerns. My co-workers have worked hard and they respected my experience and my knowledge of aquatics, lifeguard and instructing. The hardest part of my job would be the legal responsibility, especially when I am in a leadership role. The most enjoyable part of my job would be the people that work with me and some of the clientele. fast pace work environment

Pros

co-workers

Cons

fast pace work environment

Good Place to Cut your Teeth

The culture is different with confusion pushed from the top down. Good bunch of working managers and employees who always seem to get the job done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City of Abbotsford. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.7 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement