City Furniture & Appliances

Canada15 reviews

Insights into City Furniture & Appliances

What people like
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Support from manager
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Feeling of personal appreciation

Heavy lifting moving appliances and furniture, but it’s fun specially if you love installing furniture and some appliances.I was assigned as a delivery driver, not bored staying in one place, delivering all around peace river region.

Pros

Cons

8hrs

Working with CFA is great opportunity for me. Currently working there as a salesperson.

The management is really good. I talk with everyone freely. Pressure free work. Apart from the salary,I am also getting incentives from selling the appliances.

Very cooperative and supportive management

Management is very helpful and understanding. I had the very best of my time learning new things, dealing with new challenges which i encountered while being on this job by having all the support and knowledge i required.

Good enviroment

Great place to work, easy to get along with co workers, they always willing to listen and help if needed, they always take care of their employees, great people.

Working for City Furniture

Pay cheques known to be missing hours and / or raises, as well as some management less than easy to get along with. Dangerous situations demanded to work under, such as the truck not being fully operational. Forced to work in extreme heat with a truck without working air flow, or a working ramp.

Pros

It was a job

Cons

There were a lot.

best

It is a great place to work. I feel blessed to be apart of this team. The Management people are really helpful and nice. It helped me to grow in evey aspect.

Great People to work for.

Nice atmosphere, good people, just wasn't an opportunity for me. Learned alot of my base skill set in sales from the job and how to begin and close a sale. I can truly say it was a wonderful learning experience for me.

Was a great working environment.

Great management and staff! Everyone was treated with respect and the support for knowledge and learning was always there. Learned a lot of customer service and sales skills.

Productive and Fun job.

Management team is really good. Helpful and Supportive all times. Provide fixed hours. Employees are really cooperative. I learned how to work in teams.

Benefits

Great way to create community contacts.

Good working environment, good staff, slow at times, but seasonally busy. It is satisfying knowing that you have just created a working friendship because of the time investment you have made with clients.

Productive and friendly place to work

Good place to work, my co-workers were very helpful and friendly, the owners and managers became very close to me, they were very ethic and helpful bosses.

Pros

friendly coworkers

Cons

only 40 weeks at week

Very productive and great working environment.

Learned a lot about different types of furniture and appliances from low end to high! Very challenging and great skills acquired. Co-workers whirr outstanding! The most hardest part of the job was keeping up with my competition but it was also the most enjoyable.

Productive and Insightful Workplace

I learned helpful skills throughout my time employed at City Furniture. The co-workers, management and overall work atmosphere was enjoyable. Hard labor mixed with time management were key to my success at the workplace. With the additional professional, personal relationships that existed with my fellow co-workers and management.

Pros

Salary

Cons

Heavy Lifting, Long Hours

entertaining customer is very challenge ..but its fun...

entertaining customer is very challenge ..but its fun...discussing the product to purchase . • Advise customers on use and care of merchandise, and provide advise concerning specialized product or services.

Productive fast paced work

This job had a great atmosphere had to quit because of baby so we had to relocate towns.

Pros

Hr lunch.

Cons

Lunch was only taken after the busy part of the day was done.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Furniture & Appliances. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.4