City Centre Park

City Centre Park Employee Reviews

Canada15 reviews

Misleading

Not a great place to work.They promised a few things in which they did not deliver.Turnover is very high, especially in the admin/management team.Owners are cold and unwelcoming.Pay was about the only good thing about the job

Not encouraging

They have a high and quick turn around with staff, they don’t give proper training and to avoi d paying benefits will fire you because you’re 3 months. Just days before

Insights into City Centre Park

Areas for improvement
  • Energizing work tasks
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Overall satisfaction

Toxic culture

No career growth. 1$ raises when company makes high profit. Would not recommend working here. Toxic and discriminatory culture.Micromanagement and unprofessional work place.

Pros

Cons

Many

Not worth what I gave up

I got hired, then got hurt after being hired and got treated poorly after the injury. The only thing I miss is the people. Super stressful and no direction given

Pros

Free food

Cons

No stable schedule

Enjoyable place to work

I really enjoy working at City Centre Park/Langford Lanes. The staff and management are ,by the most part, friendly and easily approachable. I see myself working here for years to come

Pros

Discounted food, bowling etc

Great Place to learn, grow and work!

Great opportunities to learn, grow and contribute to the team. Team members motivate and support each other! Very supportive management! I recommend this place!

Pros

Opportunities and highly-motivated team

Cons

Staff is better than management

To be fair my co-workers were a lot more approachable than management in many aspects. It is a busy environment and very dynamic. There are workplace hazards that are overlooked. For example moving nets that up to 4 people to lift, however in most cases you don't get the help you need. Hard quality work is overlooked and pay raises are not a guarantee. If you like sports then this would be a good place I think.

Awful place stay away.

Working here has been the worst restaurant I’ve ever worked in. The tip out system was jacked up so instead of paying the kitchen fairly they took it out on the servers. It was always understaffed and instead of closing lanes or sections forced all servers to work overtime with busy sections and no support. Don’t waist your time it’s the worst.

Cons

Busy but fun place to work

Working at a bowling alley is a unique experience, dealing with customers, multitasking to ensure the lanes are filled and the customers are happy. Everyone pitches in to help each other whether its tying shoe laces, clearing and wiping tables or helping with Birthday Parties.

Horrible work environment

Stay away from this place at all costs. The place is a complete and utter waste of time and effort with a complete lack of trust, autonomy, and culture that will hurt your resume and cost you future positions. Ask around, there isn't a positive statement out there. Micromanaging, unprofessional, ego, etc. An impossible place to rectify when the culture is set by an office that refers to staff as idiots. Ownership makes every mistake in the book and condones negative attitudes and people. Ask around and then save yourself, its just a broken place with few standards; unless you like arguing with customers which appears to be acceptable.

Official response from City Centre Park

8 October 2019
A positive culture and work environment is very important to City Centre Park and Langford Lanes. We work hard to strive for this and consider our hard working team as family. We have many long term employees ranging from 3-13 years. Any concerns brought forward by staff are dealt with accordingly and are kept confidential. Thank you.

wow dont work here save you self stress

messed up kitchen change of managerment all the time lots of bad managment chef a wow super stupid hours hurting place save yourself time dont work there just dont work there understaffed

Pros

not many

Cons

craphole bad management

So much potential, terrible management

Unprofessional environment, poor work place culture. Management is a joke, theres some decent hard working staff you get to work with and those people are what makes a shift bearable. Always short staffed They expect employees to perform duties outside of regular job duties

Pros

The other staff

Cons

Poor pay, no benefits unless youve worked a year, inconsistent schedule, having to cover multiple areas at the same time( such as concession and reception.)

Environnement de travail agréalbe

L'équipe est dynamique et agréable à côtoyer et le management est efficace

Environnement de travail agréable

Le plus dur était de gérer les clients de mauvaises humeurs et ceux qui ne voulaient pas se conformer aux règles du batiments. J'ai appris beaucoup dans le service à la clientèle.

Fun workplace but inconsistent schedule

A typical day at City Centre Park would be arriving and checking and printing off a schedule to see what is happening for the day. Then, taking care of any tasks that need immediate attention. This might include responding to voice mail messages or emails or setting up a meeting room if required. I learned a great deal in time management and how to prioritize tasks. I do not work closely with the management because I am typically scheduled nights and weekends. Management works business hours and so I typically work independently with little to no supervision. The hardest part of the job is taking on multiple roles simultaneously. There are times when there are many customers and staff need your attention at the same time and you need to be able to manage these tasks. The most enjoyable part of my job is the people I work with as well as the fact that the job varies daily. Some days I could be training staff for an event, the next day I could be dealing with paperwork and correspondence and the next doing data entry. I enjoy the work however the schedule is often nights and weekends where I would like to have a schedule closer to business hours.

Pros

Every day is different

Cons

Inconsistent shifts

Ask a question about working or interviewing at City Centre Park. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement