CITY BREAD Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Order Desk (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB16 March 2018
A typical day includes submitting customer orders and a variety of administrative tasks.

The office environment is very friendly and supportive,
A very lighthearted bunch that are always eager to help.
nice place to work
Forklift Operator/Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB10 March 2015
a typical day involved receiving raw ingredients,gathering customer orders,loading shipmentsThe hardest part of the job is being able to handle the heat coming off the ovens, as wellas working in the cold.
A busy place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  MB9 April 2014
I would start work at 7am every Saturday, first thing i would do is check in with my supervisors to let them know that i had arrived and from there i would go and grab my equipments for the cleaning, things such as scrapers, gloves, eye-protector glass, spray bottles etc. I would clean my appointed area for about 7-8hrs with 2 lunch brakes in-between and then once i was finished i would call my supervisor to look over it and if there was no problem i would punch out and go home.One of the hardest parts of the job was making sure each spot of your area was absolutely cleaned, and the things i did enjoy about the job was talking to my co-workers who were very kindhearted people and of course the free bread we got to eat on our lunch breaks.I learned a lot from this job such as adopting to new environments, being able to work in a team or group of people and the ability to work with little or no supervision.
Pros
Free Bread
Cons
Few Hours
City Bread
Assitant Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB2 August 2013
Its a very safe factory with a bakery. Since i worked there i stayed there for at least 3 months, I have met some really different but nice people. They do lots of good work and a typical day at work is stay at your station and if you have any question to ask anyone around and they assist you. That is what i did whenever i had a problem. Also the most enjoyable part of that job was being able to learn new things and the fact that there was a Chinese restaurant beside the building for an easy lunch.
Pros
Chinese restaurant, Great people, Reasonable boss, Reasonable hours and salary
Cons
Environment gets boring sometimes, Also time goes by slow if you have done your tasks
friendly and everyone was able to do there jobs so that al products were made aqnd delivered.
Factory (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB17 September 2012
i have to work for a bread factory I learned that everone works together and it was friendly as well as fun. Not everyone is so serious but helpful. Besides that I had to work with big machines to operate the slicer and bagging I was to be fast at too. The hardest part at first was to be in the freezer so I can pack the product, count the product as it was called inventory.As time went on I too became one of those who help the new comers. I enjoyed working at City Bread.
Pros
i any left over products we were able to take home
Cons
having to wake up at 6am but then again not too long fr. 7am to wake up my daughters.