Citron Hygiene Employee Reviews

Productive and fun workplace
Acount Executive (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 February 2019
Great place to work with great staff. Lots of training and opportunities for grow. Very supportive management. Company has a wellness program that employees can enjoy during lunch time (yoga, running/walking club, meditation etc) I really enjoy working here. It’s true company is growing and it’s investing in lots of technology to maximize customer satisfacción. I enjoy my time here and I’ve learned a lot. I would definitely recommend this company to friends. Company. Citron has received the 2019 Employee Recommended Workplace Award from Morneau Shepell and The Globe and Mail.
Pros
Supportive management, benefits, salary, lots of training
Find another job
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  555 Alden8 February 2019
Had the unfortunate experience to work at Citron for a few weeks as a technician. For the work you have to do and the pay you receive, it is not worth it. You have to pay for your own tools and materials needed to get the job done from your own minimal salary with no indication as to when you will be reimbursed. Even $20 is $20.
When you call for assistance while on a call, you are rudely spoken to and made to believe you don't know what you're doing. Inventory counts are always incorrect. You are always having to drive from one of the city to the other and back again because it's clear no one in management knows geography or how to be the least bit efficient as to not keep technicians in traffic for so long, when instead they could be helping another one of their angry customers.
This job as taught me what I will NEVER accept from another job offer and what kinds of people I will never work for.
I am pretty sure upper management has no idea what goes on at the technician level and that's the most tragic part for this company,
Pros
Honestly, I can't think of a single one
Cons
pay, benefits, hours, disorganized, dirty job
Terribly unorganized
Installer Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON2 February 2019
Was hired as an installer, didnt realize that included servicing feminine hygiene products. Like a previous employee noted in their review, you are not given any help or instruction on where to park or who your contact is. Can be very stressful especially when working downtown.
Pros
Benefits, potential of being done early
Cons
Stressful due to lack of organization, dirty job
RUN as far away as you can from this company unless you are desperate
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON21 January 2019
This company lies about what they will pay you.
Your on call schedule ensures that every 3 weeks you do not have a life outside of their expectations.
Pros
They are ALWAYS hiring, if you are desperate
Cons
very strange on call schedule, low pay for your skills, not many opporiutnites to advance despite what they say
Compagnie très mal administrée.
Technicien en gestion parasitaire (Former Employee) –  Brossard, QC6 January 2019
En tant qu’ancien exterminateur pour cette compagnie, je vous confirme que les personnes en charge manque énormément de formation et de savoir faire. Ils sont remplis de promesse, commissions, overtime... Oublier ça! Il m’es souvent arrivé de faire des suivis sur des traitements que le directeur, présentement en poste, en poche seul la commission. Aussi, ils vont vous demander de faire vaut client mensuel durant les heures de bureau (8 à 17 heures) et les urgences ou traitement résidentiel après vos heures de travail.
Surcharge de travail, aucune consolidation famille/ travaille, demande de répondre à son téléphone en tout temps et j’en passe .

Sérieusement, si vous commencé dans ce domaine, trouvez une compagnie majeure où il y aura un soutien, de la formation et du personnel avec plusieurs années d’expérience.
Pros
Véhicule fourni
Cons
La direction qui fait bas de gamme
Someone high up in the company seems intent on sabotaging and losing customers
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 November 2018
They advertise this job as a delivery driving job, so that when you end up getting the job(and they're DESPERATE for people to work for them btw) you won't know fully what the job actually is. It's cleaning up used femanine hygiene products.
The actual job isn't even as bad as how unorganized and stressful management makes TRYING to do the job. Imagine being given 20 places to do in a day, not being given notes on where to park, where to go, who to talk to NOTHING, going to a place and finding out another technician was just there doing the job you were sent to do... Or finding out there have been 4 other technicians there within the last few days all doing something different(instead of them setting up the routes to have 1 person do every service at a customer) for instance; 1 tech sent to do urinal screens, 1 tech sent to do air fresheners, 1 tech sent to do ladies bins, 1 tech sent to do a delivery.
Imagine having that happen multiple times a day... Then when you work your 10 hours(they usually give you between 12-16hrs of work a day) and get back to the office, management asks why you didn't finish your whole route...
Customers are getting angry and frustrated and leaving in droves.
Corporate is completely clueless, it is obvious nobody at this company cares about their job. Either that or they're trying to pull a 'Sears' and make the company go bankrupt so someone can get a multimillion dollar payout.
Pros
I'm sure their lifelong dream wasn't to work for this nightmare of a company either.
Cons
Read my review. And there's more, lots more.
boring place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  London, ON16 October 2018
it used to be a great place to work when it was Cannon but once it was purchased by another company it went down hill. No one is happy there. I was happy to move on
Good Work environment
Operations Manager (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2018
Citron is a very good place to work.
Senior management is very supportive. Good pay and benefits are provided. Good training and work culture.
Staff and co-workers are great
Job was great overall
Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON22 June 2018
Great culture and working environment. Definitely can feel the push to do better and to move Citron towards becoming a market leader. I would definitely recommend Citron to friends and family.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Work life balance could be better
Ottawa managment was brutal
Pest Control Technician (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 June 2018
I was a 4 year employee. The management in ottawa was brutal. The way they treated employees was disgusting. I understand they have since replaced management. It may be a much better work environment. The head office seemed to be much more interested in providing a good environment then ottawa did.
Pros
Room to advance
Cons
Always want more hours
Great atmosphere
Hygiene Technician (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 June 2018
Great place to work with a great team environment. I really enjoyed my time here and learned a great deal. I would definitely recommend this company to friends.
Positive atmosphere, change oriented
Employee (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON7 March 2018
The company is in a rapid growth stage, with massive change in the midst. The workplace is for those who thrive under pressure, change, and love to see the workday fly by. In time things will stabilize and will be an excellent all around workplace for all levels.

The executive leadership is strong, and they show clearly that they care for each employee they interact with
Pros
Excellent executive leadership
Cons
high demands, time constraints