Citron Hygiene

Citron Hygiene Employee Reviews

Canada65 reviews

Hygiene Technician

A typical day would involve driving for a minimum of 10 hours usually more servicing different customers. I learned how to manage time really well. The workplace culture is very challenging, there is a lack of support for learning how to use the field service app properly. The tech spends so much time servicing customers, there is no time to learn procedures properly and the hardest part of the job is accomplishing all the calls in the time given. The most enjoyable part of the job was the isolation but that can be difficult day after day.

Pros

Independent

Cons

long long hours

A place to grow and learn

A fantastic organisation with everything necessary to grow. The work culture is cohesive, collaborative and exciting. There’s a lot to learn and plenty of room to grow. Plenty of support from your colleagues, direct managers and department managers. They always recognise the hard work put in.

Pros

Room for growth

Great company

A great group of people to work with. A good team environment. Management very approachable. If not for the pandemic this company’s growth would have been exponential.

Excellent job and great benefits and excellent service from our technicians

Very happy I work there can be stressful but when you complete your day you know that you accomplished a great service and enjoy the clients, you get to know alot of people and places.

Pros

Company vehicle, bonuses, benefits and always get treats

Cons

Can be stressful but overall satisfying

Great place to work if you're a hunter and willing to put in the work

Citron can be a great place to work if you're willing to put in the work required to be successful. I was a successful Account Executive (top 15 in the company) and was compensated well for my work. It can be a grind at times, but what sales role isn't? Metrics are clearly defined and if you meet or exceed those metrics, you'll also likely be successful. I learned how to be successful in B2B outside sales with Citron and it was pivotal in my career path.I have read a lot of the reviews on here from previous/current AE's and it's clear to me the ones who have left 1/2 star reviews were the ones who either 1) didn't put in the work or 2) weren't a good culture fit for the company. Each sales team across Canada has great management and support and the team environment that I experienced here is parallel to none I've experienced before. If you're a candidate interested in an opportunity with Citron, ask yourself if you have what it takes to be successful, and if so, Citron will provide the tools to get there. At the end of the day, your success is up to you.

Pros

Good commission structure, ability to build relationships with many different types of clients, great team environment

Cons

More support from administrative team (finance/CS/marketing) would have been nice, although they are always trying to improve

Environnement familial au sein d'une industrie en essor

Travailler chez Citron Hygiène, c'est contribuer à une meilleure santé et sécurité pour les entreprises, leurs clients et leurs employés respectifs. Que ce soit au niveau des ventes, des opérations, ou du service à la clientèle, l'esprit de famille règne et tous travaillent dans le seul et unique but de dépasser les exigences des clients.La direction met également beaucoup d'emphase sur la santé et le bien-être de tous ses employés, et n'hésite pas à nous fournir tout le support nécessaire.

Great work environment

The team and the management are extremely supportive and want you to succeed in your role. Great place to work!! The benefits are amazing and the people are extremely collaborative.

Pros

Great benefits

Great company

Best company I have ever worked for, wonderful people with plenty of room for growth. There is a great committee for workplace activities as well as tons of groups to be a part of.

Pros

Flexible schedules

Cons

The most positive culture where your voice is heard

The company has an amazing work environment cannot recommend it enough. My team has a supportive manager that understands the role and is there for assistance. The benefits are great and there is room for advancement.

Pros

Great benefits, support from management, competitive pay, cares about employees

Fun workplace

Great place to work and the benefits are amazing, definitely recommend joining! Due to covid-19, I’ve been working from home and I am still able to keep that work pace going on

Overwhelmed, unrealistic expectations.

Was completely overwhelmed 90% of the time. The risks of contracting an illness was way to high. Constantly sent to locations without proper training or proper notes. The amount of different services expected was absolutely overwhelming and unreasonable. Expected time frames for completion of tasks were unrealistic. Was always deferred to someone els when asking for clarification on site-specific locations. Was just "thrown to the wolves" so to speak, and had to figure everything out on my own.The pay does not match the task.

Pros

Cons

To many hypodermic needles improperly discarded. Extremely high risk of infections and disease.

8 September 2021
Thank you for providing some feedback. We are very sorry that you felt unsafe as a technician. Citron Hygiene takes the well-being of our front-line technicians very seriously. Safety is our goal and one of our biggest priorities and we always make sure to provide all our employees with the proper protection and PPE to complete the job safely. We would always ask you to refuse unsafe work.We are constantly updating our Health & Safety practices. We've launched a COVID-19 best practices guide and have conducted a number of COVID-19 safety training sessions with our frontline staff and now are piloting rapid testing. However, we always value employee feedback and encourage those who are having frustrations to voice their opinions as we are always looking for ways to improve.

unprofessional company

Its brutal experience here to do any field force job. We are compelled to sign new clients / breaking other clients offering lowest price as compare to all other companies. Technical /sales director gives low level tips to bring sales. The way he trains sales staff very complicated and interaction with sales force very rude. Citron is in control of non professional / visionless management. Field force had toughest pandemic time but all instead of firing non productive VPS, GMs they are getting promoted and enjoying benifits, while there is no annual increase in pay for front force. Managers(of pest division too) are doing performance reviews and going minor details to keep staff at low, the reason not to give them good raise, but there is no mechanism to review managers, they are doing blunders but they are reviewed by their managers at their standards..like how much they flatter, how much they keep them happy, always saying YES...etc. Techs/sales folks are monitored /evalued thru GPS, buddy system. If you are buddy of manager then you really enjoy doing job in citron. So much stressful job, zero communication with inter and intra departments. Better to join small company not this one.

Pros

best job if you are buddy of your manager

Cons

GPS monitored

Life in the meat grinder

If you're in sales get ready to be chewed up and spit out. Every field call, phone call or client email must be logged, which adds hours of administrative work each day. If you were lucky enough to have a decently developed territory you could make quota by selling to a mixture of existing and new accounts, but that's all gone now. Come March 2021 the company has stripped the base accounts away and has forced outside reps to go after new business only without any change to quotas. The pay is decent, but the stress can break even the most disciplined. If you're up for a challenge and have a minimal life outside of work this may be for you.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

High stress levels, only platitudes from management

16 March 2021

Great!!

Very good company to work with. Lots of support if you work right way and follow rules. Good management and good workplace culture.Good managers listening to you. Its been great since i started working with them in 2013.

Worst company to work

I left this company after few months as got shocked as I was being tracked thru GPS continuously and when talked to team and they said it's being done since day one. Managers have very poor pest knowledge and their attitude becomes intimidating after genuine arguing with them. General managers here are enjoying beaurocratic styled job and have zero pest knowledge and connection with team. No competitive techs from industry want to join this unprofessional company. The pest app in phones is worst to operate. Stay away from this arrogant company.

Pros

Not really there to mention

Cons

Tons of things here

Bad Culture

Unqualified managers. Bad commission structure always changing to suit company. Only paid on new sales, residual commissions are next to nothing. Managers dont understand your job and feed you basic garbage sales rhetoric

Pros

its a job

Cons

brutal culture with gossip and backstabbing

11 March 2021
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always want our team to feel supported and are very sorry to hear about your experience. Due to the nature of the industry and the competitiveness of the role, the expectations are sometimes lofty, but attainable for our sales team. As we continue to refine and grow our sales team, we greatly value any comments from our team members and encourage them to reach out with our open-door policy for HR and management.We are always looking for ways to do better and improve our practices and have been awarded, for the second year in a row, the Employee Recommended Workplace Award. This win goes hand-in-hand with the positive feedback we receive on our employee satisfaction surveys.

Terrible place to work!

It's all like highschool. Im not surprised to see they are still looking. They insist you must sign at least one account within the first 3 months. Everyone knows it can take 3-6 months to ramp up a territory even with a book of business, which they also hold back for 3 months. The management is very immature

Pros

Can not think of anything

Cons

Management, policies and peoceedures, equal treatment

22 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We always want our team to feel supported and are very sorry to hear about your experience. Due to the nature of the industry and the competitiveness of the role, the expectations are sometimes lofty, but attainable for our sales team. As we continue to refine and grow our sales team, we greatly value any comments from our team members and encourage them to reach out with our open door policy for HR and management.We are always looking for ways to do better and improve our practices and have been awarded, for the second year in a row, the Employee Recommended Workplace Award. This win goes hand-in-hand with the positive feedback we receive on our employee satisfaction surveys.

Self-centred Company

This company is a stigma being as canadian company. No professionalism, vision/culture prevail here. Techs are least cared, only company cares to its clients and sales folks. This company is biggest hygiene company in canada but they have given just one 200 ml sanitizer bottle(per month basis)to front line exposed hygiene and pest techs, they least care about front line techs exposure to corona virus and just emphasizing to keep clients happy, no call must be missed. Instead company should have given sufficient supply for each tech family too. Managers never listen as they just busy in office flattering environment. They just send once a week email in which most matter is to take care customers, do not see how front line are going every day exposing themselves without properly equipped. Company has hired bunch of managers/ v.ps but no one has vision. Managers either do not understand techs or do not want to communicate vividly.

22 September 2020
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very sorry that you felt unsafe as a technician. Citron Hygiene takes the well-being of our front-line technicians very seriously. Safety is one of our biggest priorities and we always make sure to provide all our employees with the proper protection and PPE to complete the job safely.Using guidelines from the WHO and Public Health, we have updated our Health & Safety practices, launched a COVID-19 best practices guide and have conducted a number of COVID-19 safety training sessions with our frontline staff. However, we always value employee feedback and encourage those who are having frustrations to voice their opinions as we are always looking for ways to improve.

Nice company to work into.

Before your 5th year at work or before you will be full time, watch out! Life work imbalance but manageable. Few personnel are good but new absorbed higher positions on management sucks.

Stressful position,under paid based on amount of work required

Always pushing to finish the delivery runs,not accounting for wait times for elevator,customer signature, access to female washroom/changerooms.stress

Pros

Freedom to work unsupervised

Cons

Under paid for the amount of work they want from you.

My obligation to review about my experience

Worked here for couple of years in mississauga area. I joined citron leaving big competitor company for better opportunity and career development but sad to say was awful experience i had here. All positions are picked and chose on basis of buddy system. Here the sense of pest control is none but if you are good app player then you are considered good, pest control app is not applicable to pest control field. Almost all techs are working like donkey to finish their routes. Number of calls per tech with emergency services are a lot and no help is provided to working techs, yes their buddy techs are helped always. Citron, must not be your choice if you are looking to join as pest control technician.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citron Hygiene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8