Citi Employee Reviews

Overall its good if you have a strong reference you are at high otherwise you die
Operations Representative Citibank CANADA (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON30 December 2017
too many unqualified peoples, anyone can get a job and can easily get growth if he or she has a good reference inside Citi otherwise either you will not be hired or you will be kicked out through a layoff or some other way
Pros
good if you have a strong reference
Cons
worst workplace if you don't have a reference
Fantastic Place good culture and Awesome people. Nice location and work culture is very professional and commending so lot of positives.
Policies and Procedures Conversion Analyst (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 December 2017
Fantastic Place good culture and Awesome people.
Also my immediate bosses are wonderful people
Excellent
DC HEAD & SYSTEM SECURITY MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Middle East7 November 2017
The good banking organizational culture and good salary and good increments, beneficial for employees with all recreation support for all jobs and whatever filed employees working.
Pros
Very Good Salary Structure
laid back enviroment
customer retention and sales (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON5 November 2017
easy work, learn to do sales effectively, customer service is important. was not a fan of the fact you were not paid for washroom breaks if you had to go you wernt paid while you were in there
Great journey
Vice President - Relationship Management (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 November 2017
Citi was a wonderful experience. Great clients, a tremendous team and inspiring leadership. We had a lot of accomplishments and worked together to elevate the customer experience.
Productive and good place of work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB19 October 2017
Good place to work my district manager is very good to his employee it's a very good team environment my manager gave us freedom to archive our monthly goal she help us on our daily work load. Lots of things to learn and grow . Learn new things and gaven a chance to grow on your.
Pros
Good incentives
Cons
Too much sales calls.
Fun place to work
Recruitment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 October 2017
lots of learning on the job
supportive management and a great HR team
wasn't there for long but there was a lot to do and felt part of a big family from the first day
I definitely recommend it to anyone looking to join this organization
Citi has very competitive, productive and challenging environment along with fun
Senior Branch Account Executive in CitiFinancial (Former Employee) –  Mississauga Ontario Canada21 September 2017
It has a pretty fast paced and fun environment. You are required to achieve targets every month for personal loans, second mortgages, collections and insurances that includes unemployment and disability
Pros
recognition and appreciation for performance
Cons
stress full, No excuses for not hitting targets
love it tell the Americans took over
Specialist (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 September 2017
I really loved my job until the fired my boss and brought in the american owners. the changed everything. I started not liking my job.
That's why i enjoy being self-employed. I choose who i work with or for.
Pros
good pay
Cons
terrible management
Hard work, efficiency, friendy
Bilingual Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 September 2017
Every single day was busy.This place was for the people who handle some pressure because inbound call keep coming in. Clients expectations are high and our team always delivered to that level.
Highly productive and structured workplace
Securities Processing Representative (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 September 2017
Interacted with clients to identify any issues regarding service fees Worked with Compliance to resolve any conflicts regarding clients and AML risk.
Maintained a list of Customer Acquisition Due Diligence (CADD)
Meh.
IT Supervisor for Collections (Former Employee) –  North York, ON8 September 2017
At the time that I left 8 years ago there was a lot of transition and political activity, compounded by limited communication from executive leadership. That resulted in a lot of anxiety and cynicism among the workforce. Certainly things could have improved since those days.
Its okay
NA (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON1 September 2017
I worked with a third party so that is not much I could really say about them. From what I saw they seemed pretty professional and their staff that worked directly with them seemed happy.
Pros
Long lunch
Cons
pay
Business oriented.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  London, ON30 August 2017
evening shifts
good management
very by the book and on script
co-workers made the place enjoyable, not a lot of down time.
good work shifts, very easy to learn.
Marketing Intern
Management Trainee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 August 2017
Work culture is quite hectic. They demand a lot from individuals. Even as an intern I was asked to put in extra hour or two some times. Also not much gained from the internship, I was doing the administrative jobs for most part of the internship
Great experience and people - great work enviroment
Exceptions Processing Problem Resolution Rep (Former Employee) –  Missississauga, On25 August 2017
This was a great working environment with plenty of opportunity for growth and advancement. Training was wkly - lunch and learns were fabulous up to date and friendly. Worked with a great group of people and management. Supportive friendly. Miss the work today.
Pros
training, support and staff
Cons
travel 1.5 hrs away from home on a good day
Fast paced, great learning experience
Summer Analyst - Institutional Equity Sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 August 2017
Fully immersed on the Sales desk. Amazing team dynamics. Given lots of opportunity and responsibility for a summer analyst. Incredible exposure to the top research analysts at the firm.
Pros
Meet with top investment managers in the country
Cons
Great people, great work environment
Bilingual Senior Securities Processor (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 August 2017
To be honest, it was the best group of people whom I ever had the pleasure of working with. The best culture, ethics, and projects. A lot of diversity.
Best leaders/mentors, operations environment is not as great
Senior Fund Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2017
I met some great leaders at Citi, and learnt tremendously from them. However, in operations, staff are not as smart and efficient; they are not as willing to learn and improve either. It is overall disappointing.
Pros
Leaders are inspiring
Cons
Staff are lay back
Fantastic
Customer Relations Officer (Former Employee) –  Sindh15 August 2017
My experience in Citi Bank was absolutely fantastic, I loved the culture there, My colleagues and bosses were all very nice people. The environment was fast paced but thoroughly enjoyable and learning. There were good advancement possibilities and incentives were high.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Citi. Our community is ready to answer.

54.9K