Citi

Citi Employee Reviews

Great on diversity, provides opportunity to learn business and new technologies.Company invest in people and tries address employee issues. Is big on mobility and encourages employees to move across teams instead of leaving the firm.The downside is in work life balance. Teams are located across timezones so days are very long. Meetings sometimes starts at 7:30 or even 7 in the morning and have to go on call sat night as well with locations in Asia, even while company is talking about work/life balanceCiti's location strategy means major chunk of team members are in cheaper cost centres like in China, limited resources in NAM appears to be pre-occupied for most time on L3 support while teams in other timezones are able to work without distraction on new functionalities.Team events are organized for keeping up team morale, but these events are mostly after hours so goes into personal and family time.
Pros
Diversity, new technology, career mobility
Cons
Work life balance, working in NAM can be very stressfully becuase of L3 support requirments.
The management is very one sided. There’s no point putting in a complaint because the upper management is the same. The branch I worked in was great but the district management is never satisfied. They don’t know how to show appreciation for success no matter how amazing you do. The pay is very little for the work you do. The turnover in employees is insane. We even had to pay for our own Christmas party and events. No incentives
Pros
Some branches are fun to work at
Cons
Poor pay. They grind you and penalize you for not selling optional insurance
After working with the company for 18 years my conclusion is my previous Area director was good since the company became Fairstone it was nothing else but dirty politics where the company will fire managers with high salary and bonuses, managers that are near retirement, and managers with long years of services ect.
Pros
Favoritism
Cons
no work life blance
I worked for Citigroup for almost 15 years in 2 different businesses. There is something special about Citi. Dynamic, progressive, open door policy, not too stuffy, a great team of people, great management, pro-employee culture, super open to diversity, they know how to retain talent. I can't speak highly enough about Citi. I would go back in a heartbeat, sadly Citi's operation in Canada is fairly limited nowadays. As I was part of holdings I was laid off
Pros
Great environment
Cons
No job security
Good company, people are great and knowledgeable. easy to work with. Work - life balance is a little bit off, lots of weekend work. Overall i will recommend to my friends
so much of flexibilty on closing the projects. overhiring is the trend of the group and budgets are so fat allow overhiring. Filters come down the road mostly contractors are filtered out in such a short time.
Pros
Easy working hours and easy projects
Cons
Most of employee are of same culture and same background top to bottom
great workplace, fast paced environment, lots of learning and mentoring. diverse and inclusive organisation. Supportive colleagues. positive work environment.
Great place to work. One of the biggest banks in the world. Technology teams are advanced. Good management team. Location may be an issue for some. Overall good.
I feel I was hired under false pretenses. My job was not at all how it was presented in interviews, and for that reason, I chose to leave Citi after only a couple of months. I also did not feel very supported by my manager, unfortunately.
A good place to work to have a nice work-life balance. a lot of formal processes in place to get things done but very well organized. People have their own group of friends to hang-out with and that is all good if you can find your own friends.
Great place to work, motivating encouraging sometimes competitive but we all strived to meet our team month end goals. Proactive company will to encourage personal growth and development.
Enjoyed the work. Relaxed environment. Managers were caring. Enough time was given to complete assignments. Location was excellent for me. Nice building to work.
I would never recommend anyone to work here unless you have no choice. The management is bad. They don’t value and no empathy. Treat you as a slave. No respect for employees
Work-Life balance Excellent team environment Collaboration work Stressfree work environment Professional way wof work Peaceful work experience Job Security
Good place to work, very fast pace and competitive nature. Staff were great, good customers. Option to transfer to other branches if you are moving and a place is available.
This site is full of one specific ethnic unfortunately, which is definitely not fair to other ethnic and could potentially violate the equity of employment although they will not admit the fact. There is only one culture: high pressure, work, work, and work. As a global company, people end up working around the clock and not being compensated accordingly. Weird thing is they give employee a strange and high title, like AVP for all senior developer which sounds like Assistant Vice President, and VP is just the manager level in any other industry. Another factor making Citi a truly nightmare is its location, which is very far west end beyond Airport, this makes the commute a very high expense (travel time on forever jamming 401 and ridiculous high ETR 407 cost) to lots of people living in Toronto east/north end which are the traditional residence area.
Very Friendly environment, Multiculture... they offer a lot of activities to the employee. Salaries are very low vis the amount of work done every day
Was a lot of fun, until i did the right thing by reporting fraud by another employee, then it went bad for me. I did what was right, but the manager and district manager turned on me
citi is pretty standard compared to other multinationals. no additional benefits to highlight in this session rather than the usual benefits. defined as average
Good working culture, Better opportunities, Good Work life balance. Better part of the job is opportunity for internal movement across projects. Challenging is legacy of some employees
Substantial international company with a lot of opportunities to grow and learn. Always thriving for excellence and to provide great customer experience. Great bonuses.
  1. Employee reviews