Cisco Employee Reviews

Not a good company as subcontractor and outside of San Jose.
Service Delvery (Current Employee) –  LATAM30 October 2017
Cisco is a strong brand and still sells a lot just by being who they are; The telecommute culture is excellent, and it helps you balance your life. As a big company, it is not the exception that changes are hard to make, and from a services delivery perspective, many processes need to be optimized and adjusted to customer needs to excel in that field. There is a lack of professional development and opportunities for the outsource workforce which is a massive percentage of the company's total.
Fun Place
Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 October 2017
Very nice culture and very nice people, you do not need a lengthy introduction to bond with a colleague you have never met before.

They are always there to support you whenever you need them to
Pros
Free Lunch
Cisco is a great company
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  China Dalian5 October 2017
Cisco is a great company I had worked ever before, which provides so many opportunity for employee develping their skill and build their career path. It is a wonderful experience working with kind teammate and genius to value the cusotmer, evolve the technic,etc.
a good company to work with
Sr. Hardware Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 September 2017
this was a best company I ever worked with. A very fast paced working environment and attractive employee benefit. Really enjoyable to work a company like this.
Pros
good benefit, high efficient working environment.
Cons
management team is over built.
One of the best places to work at
Program Manager Partner (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2017
One of the best places to work at. Enjoyed 5 years of working at Cisco, Career growth, work life balance, fun at work! You name & it is all available! Hope to work sometime again!
Excellent
QA Architect (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 August 2017
Excellent company to work with. Good pay, good work life balance, good work environment, settings and management. Handling multiple projects at the same time at different locations were easy.
Great Experience
Pre-Sales Engineer Coop (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON6 July 2017
The work environment is pleasant and it makes it easy to get up in the morning. This company is a work hard play hard type of company which is great for any young professionals that want to grow but enjoy the perks of a great company.
Great people - culture and management is lacking
Network Consultant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 June 2017
You work with some of the best people but it is hard to get recognized when management keeps changing the organizational structure - get lost in the shuffle.

Your loyalty and seniority means nothing
Nice place to work
Systems Engineer (Former Employee) –  Kuwait1 June 2017
#1 IT Company.
People working together every day to create an inclusive atmosphere of ongoing inspiration
people make amazing things happen every day.
Good place to work and lack of direction.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 May 2017
Cisco is a nice place to work with. Friendly people and management. But it often comes to the point of ambiguous when the business decision has to be made.
Good
sales (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 May 2017
Pros
Good management
Ability to change and grow
Great camaraderie
Great benefits
Surrounded by brilliant people

Cons
brutal politics
Projects thrown out
Dying business
Confusing management choices
The work sometimes goes away from where you want to be
Complacency in upper levels

Advice to Management
Try to retain people. Keep politics out of doing a good job. Far too many compromises on products as a result of political problems. And far too many people fired because of petty politics from higher levels.
Fun place to work
Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 May 2017
Great place to work, awesome work life balance.

I would anytime recommend anyone to work there, I was a contractor but one day would love to join Cisco family. Always my dream to work for Cisco full time!

THANK YOU CISCO for making me part of your extended family..:)
ok
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON11 May 2017
not enough innovation, too much process, not a lot of talented people to learn from. the skills that you learn is mostly c programming and not much new in demand skills.
This doesn't make sense
Database Admin/Developer, Dimension Data (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 May 2017
It's dimension data, not cisco. Your rating system is whack. I realize our company is partnered heavily with cisco, but we are not the same company.
Nice workplace with good people
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 April 2017
Nice work place with good people. Flexible hours. Work from home option. However, they have too many contract based workers
and they don't treat them fairly.
Pros
Flexible work hours, Nice atmosphere, good people
Cons
Use people as contract and fire easily
Program Manager, Cross Functional (Current Employee) –  London, ON10 April 2017
Cisco has advanced ways of working. Remote workers from around the globe collaborate to make projects successful. They bring together innovative teams without the barriers of geographic location. They don't have formal year end review processes or departmental rankings where there are quotas for each performance grade. Regular touch points with your manager are the norm and coaching is continuous.
Great place to work.
Pros
great people, great flexibility
Cons
cons are associated with the project you are assigned to, i.e., some customers are better to work with than others.
Productive workplace with great people
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2017
Cisco has a great team of people to work along side. Very fast paced and constantly evolving. I learned a lot about the finance side of things along with adding Tableau to my toolkit.
Executive Assistant to the Senior Vice President (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON2 February 2017
A lot of great people to work with. If you are lucky enough to be converted from a contractor to a permanent employee there are great benefits and programs to support the employees.
Great Company to work for
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
People at Cisco are great, willing to help and share.
I learned that you are sole responsible for your career progression with your track record and successes, but also with who and how you share.
My management was encouraging and incentivized to take risks but never lose alone
Best Learning Experience
Inside Sales Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 January 2017
At Cisco, we used to have a culture of sharing, discussing, considering and executing.
My 10 year experience in the Company forged my character as a Tech Sales Professional.
There's no typical day at Cisco, which made it very enticing for me because I planned my days and weeks as my customers or my teams would progress in their projects.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cisco. Our community is ready to answer.