Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

Great company to work for
Administrative Technician - « Fly-In » Management (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2013
Worked in a great environment with a fantastic team. Was a laid-back and casual atmosphere, nonetheless, we all took our jobs very seriously while managing more than 6 traveling shows around the world.
Pros
flex-hours / compressed work week
Unforgettable experience at Cirque du Soleil
Project Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC18 January 2013
I have been working for Cirque as a project coordinator for over a year. I must admit this was my greatest professional experience where I combined my passion for planning/coordinating with the most stimulating environment. Implementing Concur travel& expense system and coordinating (and leading) other financial projects, not only made me grow as a professional, but also made me realize that without my passion for cirque, the results would not be the same.
Exciting and fun workplace at the circus
VIP Hostess (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 January 2013
A typical day at work required preparing leaving home early. By the time I get to work I would meet up with my coworkers along the way. we would meet our supervisor and debrief before the shift started. During the shift we would prepare merchandise, clean and review the specifics about the different clients that would be in each section. As the tent opens all guests would be greated with a smile and given and lanyard. We would answer questions about the tent and circus and make sure each participant was happy.

I learned a lot about professionalism and timing. I always had to have a smile on my face even if my day was not going so well. In the end it was great though. I met alot of great people and I am still friends with a few of my co-wokers.

The hardest part about my job was dealing with my shoes. They weren't the best shoes but at the time I couldn't afford new ones, but I made the best of it.

The best part of the show was meeting new people and seeing the show.
Pros
free food, great people, great show
Cons
sore feet at the end of the day
Top Management In Quality Corporate Environments
Public Service Director, Europe/Asia/South America (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2013
Multi- Tasking in variety of fields environments and countries
Fun with performers
Usher/Food and Beverage (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 December 2012
amazing experience, seeing how the acrobats did their stunts
Pleasure work with people,take great experience and enjoy my time at work
Artist-Strength Conditioning Coach in Saltimbanco (Former Employee) –  Montreal,Canada6 November 2012
day at work follow my schedule
the best ways how to work better
manage and communicate are to important rules
work in a team
be aware about everything around!!!Crazy life is in Arena Tour Show
work with people from different countries and of all ages, from different background
An exciting and stimulating workplace!
Administrative Technician (Current Employee) –  Montreal, QC6 November 2012
Working here has been the best opportunity I’ve been given. Although no job is totally perfect, this one is close! The ambiance in the office is friendly and outgoing , they amuse the employees with entertaining activities for all tastes and ages almost every week. Working in this creative environment has been a great experience so far and I hope to enjoy it for years to come!
Pros
cafeteria food, employee activities, working conditions
Cons
far from my home :(
Fast paced but fun.
VIP Host (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 October 2012
The 'Tapis Rouge' tent is the 'VIP' tent at Cirque Du Soleil; people pay allot of extra money just to experience it. There's five star food & five star service. But we only had a certain amount of time to get everything ready in between shows & breaks so it was definitely one of the most fast paced environments I've ever worked in. My managers were great, they knew exactly what to do to make everything perfect even with the little amount of time they had to put it all together. But all in all it was an awesome experience.
Pros
getting to meet & talk to tons of people, from all over the world. good hours & getting paid weekly. gaining experience with hospitality work.
Cons
that cirque only stays in calgary for a month, every one or two years.
Good job, fun and comfortable work environment. Not much possibility for advancement since they mostly hire temps.
Gestionnaire d'inventaires de tournée - Web (Former Employee) –  Lasalle, QC13 July 2012
Working at CDS was great, management trusts it's employees to
work without supervision, the stress level is very low, yet everyone
is productive and gets the job done efficiently. Friendly co-workers
and bosses alike.
Pros
fair salary, friendly work environment, employee morale condusive to productivity.
fun to work at and great expirience
Character / Clown / Coach (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC23 April 2012
i got a chance to see most of the world , great pay and easy to save money , charter planes take us to our destinations and hotel are 4star.. and i met tons of people and made lots of friends.
Ambiente tranquilo con personas afines al arte y diversion
HAWKER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC3 May 2018
Trabaje en conjunto con un excelente equipo de compañeros afines al show que realiza Cirque Du Soleil, desarrollado por una empresa externa.
El trabajo es tranquilo y rutinario en las acciones de ventas.
Lo mas dificil era alcanzar las metas de ventas diarias, pero no imposibles, gracias a la motivacion de nuestro supervisor y compañerismo de quipo.
Lo que me gusto fue el poder compartir y disfrutar del show como extra bonus para los empleados
Expérience de travail
Responsable de la cafétéria (Former Employee) –  montreal8 March 2018
Je possède 10 ans d’expérience dans le domaine de la restauration, où j’effectue une diversité de tâches. Autonome, assidue, je m’approprie mon milieu de travail pour en faire un lieu efficace, fonctionnel, où les normes d’hygiène et de qualité des produits sont ma priorité. Facilité à entretenir des relations cordiales et chaleureuses avec la clientèle, qui apprécie mes services personnalisés.
Environnement très agréable
Conseillère généraliste en ressources humaines (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 January 2018
Belle culture d'entreprise.
Belle ambiance de travail.
Équipes dynamiques
Bon repas à la cafétéria
secrétaire juridique
SECRÉTAIRE DE DIRECTION (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 January 2018
J'ai aimé ce poste mais malheureusement, j'ai dû quitté après un an. Le notaire ayant été malade durant cette année. Cette année fut très mouvementée. C'était un patron charmant, agréable. Malheureusement, il ne pratique plus.
Pros
J'étais seule employée
Cons
Année stressante comme je me suis retrouvée avec un patron malade.
Expérience unique, salaire ok, mais aurait pu être plus élevé
Operational Buyer (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 July 2017
A vivre une fois dans la vie.....très flexible, et jeans est demise
environnement productif et agréable
Technicienne en documentation (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC25 April 2017
J'ai travaillé plus de 18 ans au Cirque du Soleil, j'ai beaucoup appris au sein de cette entreprise.
Défis de conception
Dessinateur Intermédiaire (contractuel) (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 April 2017
Impossible a déterminer les heures supplémentaire.
Bonne ambiance, mais beaucoup de stress
Coordonnatrice logistique et douane (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC21 February 2017
Évidemment, c'est tout dépendamment du poste occupé. Le mien était stressant. C'était difficile d'obtenir des informations. La communication à travers la compagnie était mauvaise. Les gens se fient trop sur les autres... Par contre, nous avions une superbe cafétéria avec 3 plats principaux à tous les jours et un super bar à salade. Nous avions le café et le thé vert gratuit également. Une superbe terrasse. Les partys étaient grandiose. J'adore tout ce qui est artistique, donc de côtoyer des artistes et de voir de superbes spectacles a été merveilleux. J'ai vraiment apprécié travailler pour le Cirque du Soleil. Je parle au passé, car mon poste a été aboli avant mon retour de congé de maternité. Sinon, je serais encore employée de cette merveilleuse compagnie qui me tenait tant à cœur.
Pros
Super partys, 4 billets de faveur par années et très bons avantages sociaux.
Cons
Beaucoup de coupures depuis la vente de la compagnie ce qui rend les gens très insécure.
travail stimulant, créatif, stressant
Accessoiriste (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 January 2017
J'ai beaucoup aimé travailler pour cette entreprise.
Je me suis senti à ma place car elle correspondait bien à mes aspirations de carrière artistique.
C’était plaisant de travailler avec des techniques et des médiums diverses et parfaire mes connaissances.
Mon bémol est aux niveaux de l'équipe gestion des ateliers.
Dans plusieurs des cas, les superviseurs mettent beaucoup de pressions sur leurs employés.
Il y a beaucoup de compétition. Il faut être fait solide et insensible pour durer.
Pros
avantage sociaux, contact culturel
Cons
stressant
Environnement de travail fort agréable
Contrôleur et Chef d'équipe (Former Employee) –  Siège Social à Montréal8 November 2016
J'ai beaucoup apprécié mon séjour de 5 ans et demi au Cirque du Soleil!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cirque du Soleil. Our community is ready to answer.

4.5