Cirque du Soleil

Cirque du Soleil Employee Reviews

Fun and energetic workplace. Cirque du Soleil helps you to grow not only in your craft and skill but in any other areas that you are interested in learning.
Pros
Touring the world
Cons
Away from home
One fo the most plesent work enviroment I have been in. A great sense of purpose. Everyone makes you feel like a valuable member of the team. A great feeling that you are a small important part of the the entertainment industry.
Pros
Free coffee. The best cafeteria food of all times!
Cons
Bad IT department & culture, there were social cliques - like High School !
Un milieu très agréable avec des gens sociables et professionnels
Pros
Excellents avantages et grand stationnement
Cons
rien à dire
Cirque du Soleil is a unique place to be and the crossroads of so many amazing people. Recognition and career growth can be hard to get so the workplace gets competitive.
Pros
Artistic hub
Cons
Regular budget cuts and employee lay-offs
I hope this company survives this crisis because it's the best job I've ever had and can only hope for more. I met very awesome people and I was inspired everyday.
I was on a contract basis working for them fulltime, with a very low wage and zero benefits. I was officially a freelancer but expected me to act like a full-time employee, coming in to the office every day religiously from 9 to 5 sharp. They take forever to pay out their contractors, sometimes they took even 4 months. And this year they have not paid me one single cent for all the hard work I have done for them from January until March 2020. They owe me over 10.000$ and still have not received the money because they went bankrupt. Chances are I will never see that money again.
Pros
None.
Cons
Exploit their workers.
As an usher I was able to watch the show each time. Sometimes it was very stressful depending on where u were placed because of late arrivals. You had to know when it was ok to seat people and not interrupt the show. I got to interact with the artists and it was very thrilling no matter the amount of times I saw it. There was a lot of cleaning to do. We would clean before and after the show all the garbage and confetti left.
Pros
Amazing show.
Cons
Can be dealing with stressful situations ie bad guests, bad seating...
Cirque gave its employee flexible work schedule when needed. There are times periods that where more stressful and demanding than other but it is doable. I have learn a lot at Cirque. A boarder aspects of payroll, new applications, more experience organizing time and data, communication I think i would still be there today if its wasn't for Covid-19 Cirque provided activities/events to its employees (BBQs, parties, social events) which was wonderful. I worked with wonderful co-workers and they will be missed
changement constant de direction les gens paresseux sont encouragés salaire sous la norme
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Cirque du Soleil?
I want to get back to work with Cirque Du Soleil! It was an experience of a lifetime. I would be honoured to work with Cirque Du Soleil again! The cast and crew were unbelievable to work with.
Pros
The whole work experience!
Cons
can't think of one
Depending whom you have for a boss it's a great place to work like all jobs you do need to show what you do. great group with whom i worked and even if users are unhappy when they call they tend to calm down pretty rapidly
Pros
free coffee on site gym, free ticket for shows
Cons
can be stressfull .. also have a oncall pager for 24/7 support
Working at Cirque is quite unique. There is also a tiight bond that forms between employees. It is very rewarding. We are constantly renewing ourselves and inovating in regards to our operations in front of site.
I have been working for the company for more than twenty years in different positions . I like to travel for work and Cirque gave me the opportunity to visit and experience a lot of different countries while meeting incredible people.
Excellent place to work, relaxed environment, flex time and teleworking. Even thus a relaxed environment, work load very high with last minute requests.
Even though the company was known for intense entertainment, the office team was very conservative. The overall culture was to answer NO to new ideas and out of the box ideas to help promote the product.
Environnement de travail agréable et belle culture organisationnelle
Workplace environment is great. There is a private indoor gym, a lot of big spaces to gather with colleagues. two big cafeterias with cheap meals. There are no 9 to 5 strict schedules.
Pros
indoor gym, great employee benefits
Been there for almost 15 years, always enjoy it. Different ambiance, lots of travelling, nice people. Good food at the cafeteria. Main office is just a little bit far from public transport.
Pros
Different
Cons
Airport
Everyday is different on a touring show. Not your typical day to work. Having toured for 3 years has been the most amazing time of my life, being able to work and travel.
Fast pace work and onsite troubleshooting and repair. No time to loose, the show must go on!! I have the good skill to work in an environment like that, I have been doing this for 30 years. I handle stress very well and do not panic.
Dynamique, orientée solution, créative, exigeante et inclusive.