CIRCLE OF CARE Employee Reviews

Not recommended to work with this company
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 March 2019
Youre applying for full time but they will not give you enough hours
They are in favor more with the clients than with their employee
Their call centre is unresctfull to psw's acting like theyre the bosses too!
Salary $19/hour is ok but if not enough hours to psw's it can't pay the bills for the salary we get!
Us we needed you, yoi needed us too!
Treat your psw's nicely!
Lots of Driving, less pay, good clients and management
Exercise Instructor (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 February 2019
You are paid only the number of classes you did.
You are not paid between the classes while driving.
I would recommend to the person who wants to learn & practice your skills as an exercise instructor.
Participants are independent (fewer risk of falls) but very nice elders.
I do not recommend to do this job full-time.
Pros
Friendly management and clients
Cons
Less pay
Very Unorganized
Office Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 February 2019
Very unorganized, questionable leadership choices especially with staffing choices and disciplinary actions. There are a lot of issues on the floor that need to be dealt with in order to provide optimal service to clients.
Not a great place to work; starter positions only
Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
During the interview the job is not presented correctly, you are also being misled that you will work 2 evenings and 1 weekend per 5 week pay period- but that is subject to interpretation apparently, as by month 6 working there I was scheduled 6 times per 5 week pay period without asking, simply was told! NOT cool! Place with high turnover, as work ethics are terrible, no support from upper management and lower management has no voice in this organization. High stress job, you're constantly being yelled at by unhappy customers, very very tight deadlines to complete your work, super high expectations but you get nothing in return. Not worth the time to invest in this place. Look elsewhere.
Cons
Long, exhausting hours, no overtime pay - and zero appreciation
COFC Review
N/A (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2018
Overall a good place to work, not very competitive salary, not very bad either, but a great place to learn. Operational processes can improve a lot , but still a lot of good words to them.
Great place to work!
Client Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
Circle of Care was an amazing breath of fresh air for me regarding attitude and work culture. Work can be stressful and hectic, requiring you to stay past your "end of day". Not the kind of job you can jump up at 4 and leave because your time is up. The elderly are relying on you and your PSWs for their basic needs. That being said, everyone was always super friendly and helpful. We all know there are cliques in offices, but this office seemed to be less so. Management is very approachable and willing to assist. The CEO is right there in the office with you and you really feel included in what is going on with the company and the Sinai Health Systems which Circle of Care is a part of.
There are ample opportunities for learning. Many "Lunch and Learn" topics including healthy diet, Alzheimer's, and customer service, also special opportunities such as the Holocaust Awareness presentations and DISC profiles.
My critique regarding Circle of Care is mainly focused on their call centre. I feel that their call centre needs a major revamp/overhaul to facilitate smooth customer service and workflow to aid clients, families and PSWs getting the information they need, as well as call answer times, without bogging down coordinators with unnecessary calls.
The most difficult part of the job is trying to balance people and the issues that come with them. Such as: Clients, their wants and needs, their preferences for certain workers who are usually not available when they want/need them. Client Families, with their expectations, requests and issues. And finally the PSWs with their own family
  more... lives and issues, some individuals are your life savers, while others are a royal pain in your side, are unreliable and cause you more work.
The most enjoyable part of the job is when you are able to help a client and are able to give them what they want/need. Also, the office staff become your friends and it's just a great place to go to every day.
I was sad to leave, but a new chapter in my life is about to begin.
Pros
Amazing work culture, LOTS of free food, Lunch and Learn opportunities
Cons
Stressful work, Usually requires you to stay late, Expectations of PSWs not high enough
Good company
Triage Operator (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 June 2018
Working at circle of care has been a great experience. I was able to gain and learn a lot of great skills that I will bring with me into any other job I may obtain
Not enough work hours, no benefits, job incentives,no scholarship program
Home Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Vaughan, ON29 March 2018
Work schedule always fluctuates, depending on how many hours/ clients management can schedule. If your availability is 8 am till 7 pm, don't assume they will give you that much of work.
No benefits package even after few years of work, after 2 years of continuous work your pay rate just freezes, no increase.
The call center is horrible, you either spend roughly about half an hour on the phone to reach out to Call center rep or give up for another chance...
Pros
You can provide your availability and management does it best to accomodate
Cons
Long travelling distances between assignments, no benefits coverage at all, no motivation to study, no scholarship
Good Management
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 November 2017
Good place to work.Management are very considerate to the needs of their employees.Coordinators and Supervisors are very friendly.They can give enough hours to the workers as long as the workers are willing to receive additional assignments.
Pros
They pay higher for PSW compared to other homecare agency
Great place to work. + Free food
HR (Current Employee) –  4211 Yonge Street6 November 2017
Fast paced day to day work but with comfortable deadlines. The company culture is very tight knit an you always feel supported. Managers always available to confer with!
Pros
Great hours, friendly staff
Good manegement
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Providing elderly clients with companionship and personal care in client's home, plan and prepared meals for client's and maintain their home and safety
Pros
Good salary
Cons
Good hours
Good work environment
Intake Worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 May 2017
Good co-workers and team environment made it a pleasure going to work on a daily basis however compensation and benefits are not available in the service coordinator position.
Management is very approachable and understanding. Willing to work with you to meet your needs. As a service coordinator, not workload is heavy but management works with employees to address this issues. I would have stayed longer in this role if full time was available with benefits and higher compensation.
only few hours i got in the day because im just only new worker
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Ontario9 May 2017
work with time management without manager around, fun and challenging job.You learn the road using the buses,and GPS expert user. the hardest part of this job is travelling only.
Pros
sometime no break even lunch time, only few hours i can get bec. im just new worker
Cons
less stress job, manager of your own time
Best place to work
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON21 March 2017
I love working with circle of care every person at circle of care is really help full in everything you get to learn so many new things from them ALWAYS.
A day at work
Physiotherapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 March 2017
Each day I would facilitate fitness classes at synagogues, community centers, condominium, etc. My clients are the best, they enjoy my class and they remind me each day how important it is to stay healthy. we use different materials such as dumbbells, thera-bands and a routine that I have developed called Chair ball Therapy. A routine only 30 minutes long , to eliminate immobility in older adults and promote independence.
Pros
you are your own boss
Cons
no mileage
Great Community Service
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON10 January 2017
Team works, working independently with enough backup system in place. Provide on the job training. Informing staff timely about ongoing projects. Provides online facility for the skill enhancement.
Cons
Extensive travel hours
Circle of care
Client Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 January 2017
Working at CIRCLE OF CARE as been wonderful experiences for me, work as the front end the company, taking inbound calls from clients, Works, updating records.
Cons
Temp
No benefits, not enough hours and not the greatest pay
Personal Support Worker (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON13 December 2016
Some of the people I worked with were okay.. Hard to balance work/Life when you feel like you aren't making enough to support yourself. Management tries their best with what they are given I guess. They just aren't given enough.
Pros
Good place to get started if you still aren't aware of what is availible to you
Cons
Horrible pay
gave back to the community
psw (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 March 2016
i enjoyed working with my clients.
the needs were different on various days
clients would call to request me for care

i have a connection with clients up to their passing is very difficult
Cons
not enough hours to live on
good company very considerate with there employee
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (PSW) (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 March 2016
about my work I'm happy for what i do i learned with my experience to different client that i deal with, and i can manage how to deal with there conditions. about my co-workers Were having fun with what we do as we meet at the same work place.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at CIRCLE OF CARE. Our community is ready to answer.