Circle K logo

Work-life balance
2.8
Pay & benefits

Found 63 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,287 reviews

Fun place to work but theres times where its too much

Average job ive had harder but this is just day in day out stuff that anyone with half a brain could do if you want to see if your fit for working work here it’s neutral

Pros

.15% discount

Cons

Wintertime

Dont waste your time

Avoid working here. Terrible company. They don't care about you. No benefits and poor pay. Youre lucky if you meet some cool coworkers and that is the only bonus of the job. Not flexible with schedule either and youre considered part time no matter how much you work which means your hours can get cut at any second. Went from 30 hours a week to 15 hours because it wasn't "busy" enough. No job security. Company won't even accommodate doctors notes. Youre expected to push sales on customers with no excuses and if you don't meet sales goals, you get written up.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Poor pay, no benefits, terrible scheduling, long hours on your feet, no paid breaks, etc

Patience and understanding

This job requires patience and understanding, you will have customers that seem to take forever and others that seem like they are running extremely late. After a while you get to know your regulars and seem to remember the small things like what cigarettes they are going to purchase before the even ask . Might not seem like a big deal to you but does make a difference for them.

Pros

Job advancement

Cons

No official break always doing something

It's your co-workers that make or break this job

I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis

Cons

Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft

Fun and Challenging

Great work life balance . Circle K give us a chance to learn new skills and help us to knowing his products which improves customer satisfaction. at last nice place to work and learn new skills

Fast Paced

Fast paced , less pay Check your change... They tend to short you a lot!!!!!!! And very often!!!!!!! Plus there not very friendly, I'll be giving my business elsewhere from now on.. even though I live 2min from there.

The Best

I want to work here again It was the best workplace i have ever worked before. I really miss working here and would love to join back. Staff and management always helped and worked nicely.

never work

one of my worst job. you hate your job. they give you too much work to complete even you are tired after completing night shift they will call you to inform that you didn't complete this work.

It was alright.

Worked there for a few years, it was hard because not a lot of people took it seriously, so you’d end up working more than you wanted too. Definitely was hard to have a life outside of work. High paced environment when we had busses, unsure what it is like now

busy convenience store

Typical shift: 5 to 8 hour shift. Supportive management Teamwork - at least two staff working during day shifts Very busy gas bar area, and convenience store.

Pros

have scheduled breaks

Jobs at Circle K

See more jobs

Its decent but not great

Circle K is somewhat easy work but can be long hours. It's usually minimum wage which honestly is not enough for the average person to survive on. Do it if you have no other option.

It's a beginning

Not every job is a dead end. With circlek you can either move forward or be at a stand still. Give 110% if you want to show who you are and what you can bring as a team player. I started as overnight CSR, went to supervisor, then manager. Eventually I owned my own store. Even my staff went places. Working for this company can also help you advance into your goals by teaching you how to work in a fast pace environment and a chance to bank money towards your schooling or dreams.

fast paced, interactive, good culture, colleagues support

Fast paced work. Some shifts are hectic. Good colleagues. Sometimes stressful particularly evening shift. Routine activities everyday. helping culture

Pros

near to home

Cons

low wage rate, part time job

Great job but sometimes too many people

It was great, the people were really friendly and the environment was pretty nice, sometimes it would be stressful owing to the gas station part and you would have to deal with angry customers who do not read when it is pointed it is a prepaid pump... although, you learn how to deal with people.

it was good working there

it is good to work out there and it was challenging at first but I like working there. i mostly did night shifts and it was slow at night so I can do all the work of my own nicely whenever I liked for eg filling the stuffs.

Work life balance is great

In Circle K work life balance is really great. Everyone at workplace is nice and friendly. They have different kind of activities throughout the year. Nice place to work

No team poor management

Co Worker was bullied by both bosses! Poor management and the bosses always took part in talking poorly and making fun of the employees! Miserable co workers Ignorant and non compassionate. Gossip groups! Clicks. Bullying constantly. The bosses would even take the cashiers gift cards that they would win from mystery shoppers or contests! I found them in the safe one day. The workers knew but couldn’t say anything. Worse place and people I’ve ever met.

Pros

Cons

You work harder than a grave digger for no money or acknowledgement

Great

It is great meeting new people and helping them. There is a lot to learn in here. Work is not too hard but being bold is necessary at this kind of places.

Circle K

Enjoy working for Circle K, high stress though, low pay, plenty of job security and room for advancement. Would definitely recommend for someone looking to get experience in management.

It gives me immense pleasure that now i can satisfy my personal expenses

Firstly when i joined it was bit hard for me to used with the busy schedule but somehow I learnt time management now I'm satisfied with my work and study life

Circle K

The Manager and his wife and wonderful people to work for. very helpful and always made me laugh. It is fast pace on a normal day customers in and out....trying to get product put away sometime you get it all other times you have to leave it for the next person.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K