Circle K

Clear
2.7Pay & benefits

Found 76 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,631 reviews

Easy Job But No Pay

Circle K is an easy place to work. You have you standard serve customers quickly and clean the store and equipment regularly. So it's not hard. However when other gas stations/convenience stores pay higher than Circle K it's hard to stay.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Low pay

just dont go there if you value your time

you have to manage everthing in the store one person is working with higher work load instead of hiring two peopleno holiday pay or no other perks will never work there again

Cons

low pay, no value of your time, higher work loads

The best time is when it’s busy

The reason is because if your busy you don’t think of how miserable you are when your working there and how your doing 2 to 3 persons work that of work and receive no help or benefits by doing so

Pros

There’s none the discount isn’t good either

Cons

They will make you do stupid hours for no reason

Its a job

Here is my opinion, it’s a okay place to work if you’re looking for a simple low paying customer service job, your duties usually aren’t that crazy and there’s plenty of opportunity to have fun throughout the day. But working in management is not great. I wouldn’t recommend taking that promotion unless you have a burning passion for the gas station lifestyle.

Pros

CSA is a pretty simple job, can be pretty easy to guarantee yourself hours by being a good employee.

Cons

Very volatile hours if you work in management, and low pay all around.

Awful

No breaks, paid very little, let go for no reason, don’t work for them. Paid the very minimum disposable and expect you to be very available for them and get nothing in return

Depends

After working here for almost 8 years I have to say the job isnt bad. It just comes down to who you work with and if you're liked.Probably the worst training system I've ever had to do. Mostly you'll get stuck on cash the entire shift and wont learn anything until your coworkers start to warm up to you, which may never happen unless your liked. For all the stuff you have to do its definitely not worth minimum wage and after a year you get a 5 cent raise every 900 hours worked also no benefits unless you're senior sales or above. The constant headache of being called in can be a pain too. Unless you really like to work yourself to death for minimum wage.

Pros

Nothing that i can think of.

Cons

Only a half hour unpaid break, minimum wage, basically no raises, back breaking work, always have to be standing, no benefits unless above csa

Bad working experience

The manager did not support or properly train his employees. I took it upon myself to go in early and stay late to ask questions from another employee or train fellow employees. The manager has a really bad problem with staying on his phone all day and while customers are in the store. Its extremely hypocritical and needs to be stopped. I felt like I was never doing anything right while I worked there and the manager really didn't do anything to comfort or raise the spirits of their employees. All they cared about was money and felt no need to keep employees happy, knowing that there is always someone else. It was a really bad working experience.

Pros

Cons

long hours, managing the store all on your own, no breaks or bathroom breaks

Dont waste your time

Avoid working here. Terrible company. They don't care about you. No benefits and poor pay. Youre lucky if you meet some cool coworkers and that is the only bonus of the job. Not flexible with schedule either and youre considered part time no matter how much you work which means your hours can get cut at any second. Went from 30 hours a week to 15 hours because it wasn't "busy" enough. No job security. Company won't even accommodate doctors notes. Youre expected to push sales on customers with no excuses and if you don't meet sales goals, you get written up.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Poor pay, no benefits, terrible scheduling, long hours on your feet, no paid breaks, etc

Can be okay if you have good co workers

Working here can be a drag. There is way too much work for way to little hours. There is virtually no benefits unless you are senior sales or up. They did not introduce paid sick time untill the covid 19 pandemic happened. Who know if it will be staying after the pandemic is over. We had a dollar "appreciation" pay add to our pay for a couple month for being "essential" but management does not hesitate to let you know how replaceable you are. This job is only for people who are retired or students.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

No benefits, always under staffed, few hours

It’s important what region you’re in

Upper management really dicks the managers at our stores. My manager is working for 12,75 with no benefits. He got forced into the position and offered little to no training for him. Truly disgusting !

Pros

You learn what you don’t want

Cons

See people get used.

Important work and valuable experience

Circle K is good for students who have no intention of staying with the company, or someone looking for a little bit of extra income. Getting benefits and reasonable wages or even a decent schedule was nearly impossible for most people working there. Overall I would say it’s a company with little to no future for most of its employees even though the work is valuable and potentially dangerous in a number of aspects. Hard working staff are under appreciated.

Pros

Nice enough coworkers and small rewards

Cons

No benefits for most employees, and no stable hours or schedule.

It's your co-workers that make or break this job

I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis

Cons

Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft

It’s alright as a first job

I started at circle k right after turning 16, I enjoyed working there for a year but we were constantly understaffed so a lot of different roles were thrown onto employees with seniority so the job became stressful quickly. Promotions are not easily achieved and when they are the highest pay is only a couple dollars more than minimum wage for a lot more work and there are no employee health benefits, you only get a percentage off of purchases.

Pros

Discount on products and gas

Cons

Over worked most of the time

Full Serve

Manager is great takes care of her employees. Worked in full serve and full time. Only complaint is the other 2 people don't really do anything and they just kinda have to be asked a couple times to help me do something for their shift. Haven't had any other issues though everybody is friendly, get paid weekly. It gets really cold in the winter but she let's you come inside and warm up is grab a hot drink

Pros

Friendly staff, paid weekly, get rewarded every so often if good job is done ( baked goods, maybe pizza)

Cons

For full serve the cold winters and no benefits unless part of the management team

You are disposable and they'll let you know

At least they're honnest about it. The management really depend of who is managing the place you work. As for myself, I had two managers while I worked there, I loved them both, but there was someone who managing the managers and she was simply horrible, making everyone feels like we were nothing in the entreprise. It's a good temporary job tho, as they have a lot of benefits and can transfer you if you need it. The only real thing I hated about this place was that as a assistant manager you were paid 1$ more than the minimal salary and as a night clerk you were paid 2$ more, wich doesn't make sense to me.

Pros

Good temporary job, a lot of advantages.

Cons

You can't call sick, most of the time.

Circle K

Paid weekly & easy job, just all depends on the store really. Other stores can be easier then others. Lots to do when you go from cooking to floor work to cash as well, you never get bored

Main problem is salary unfairness with

Unfair salary No bonuses to employee who do night shifts No benifits More tasks 0% security Should give employe benifits So that they can work good

Pros

Good environment

Cons

Unfair salary

boring

boring no pros at all did not like the environment allthough the manager was good. i pay was not satisfactory and did not impress me and my lifestyle.

Amazing place to work at,i really like the location of the store very good staff. timely salaries no delays at all. enjoye working there. thank you so much cirkle k.

Pros

good location

Cons

nothing

Productive and fun workplace

Employees can get flexible hours and the management is supportive. The Company policies are very strict when it comes to customer service and food safety.

Its decent but not great

Circle K is somewhat easy work but can be long hours. It's usually minimum wage which honestly is not enough for the average person to survive on. Do it if you have no other option.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K