Circle K
Happiness score is 63 out of 100

Circle K Management reviews

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.
Pros
Not much hard work
Cons
Sole responsibility to arrange the store
Working here can be a drag. There is way too much work for way to little hours. There is virtually no benefits unless you are senior sales or up. They did not introduce paid sick time untill the covid 19 pandemic happened. Who know if it will be staying after the pandemic is over. We had a dollar "appreciation" pay add to our pay for a couple month for being "essential" but management does not hesitate to let you know how replaceable you are. This job is only for people who are retired or students.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
No benefits, always under staffed, few hours
Upper management really dicks the managers at our stores. My manager is working for 12,75 with no benefits. He got forced into the position and offered little to no training for him. Truly disgusting !
Pros
You learn what you don’t want
Cons
See people get used.
I’ve been a cashier, supervisor, and assistant manager. Its hard to take this company seriously. Switched back to cashier after working my way up to assistant because I couldn’t stand to assist the manager anymore. Way too stressful, with too many responsibilities piled on top of each other. The higher management is seriously corrupt. They pray on those who show great work ethic, make promises to reward hard work, then rip the rug right from under you. MAJOR employee theft, and no one cares. It’s an easy way to make some money, if you can handle the co workers. But don’t take it too seriously. They’ll promise advancement, but in return they’ll want you to sign over your life for less than $13/hour.
Pros
Can transfer to different locations, paid weekly
Cons
Always standing, short staffed, poor training
I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis
Cons
Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft
This place is a horrible place to work . If the manager doesn’t like you your screwed. A lot of playing favorites. When you need time off there is a big deal about it. Only certain people can do what they want. Others can’t
Circle K is a great place work, the culture is amazing and they are very accepting and inclusive. This is one company where I truly believe advancement is a priority. Many people in upper management went from CSR to store operator to market manager and beyond. It can be hard work but the people you work with make up for it 10 fold.
Pros
Conferences, work vehicle, stock options, great co workers, bonuses
Cons
Can be stressful
Very poor management. Manager is not willing to come at store she is always hire one person extra to manage her work rather then coming to store and do some work with other employees. When find someone, she suddenly stopped response you and nor even giving you shift without saying anything
The worst franchise company to work for. Every month they hire third party company to do an inventory of the store, guess what? you’re short over thousands of dollars of your inventory. If you short one penny, guess who’s gonna pay for it? You....some times you wonder if the inventory crew and the Owners are thieves to steal ur money. Don’t ever work for this company or they will clean your bank account dry. The worst franchise company in the world.
Pros
No nuthing good here.
Cons
You will get broke!!
No a good place to work. Management are dating and blame every CSR for things managers should be doing but don’t do because they are always in the office with each other.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Management yelled at staff. Gave credit for work done to others. Showed favoritism to staff. Wouldn't communicate issues and try to be a team. Management lied and passed the blame to staff members. Management passed off the work load unfairly so they wouldn't have to deal with things they didn't want to. Then lied to the marketing manager when things went wrong like lack of product. Hired too many staff then took away hour ls from staff promised the hours. Then started rearranging people's shifts without notice.
Cons
Management is disrespectful
Manager is great takes care of her employees. Worked in full serve and full time. Only complaint is the other 2 people don't really do anything and they just kinda have to be asked a couple times to help me do something for their shift. Haven't had any other issues though everybody is friendly, get paid weekly. It gets really cold in the winter but she let's you come inside and warm up is grab a hot drink
Pros
Friendly staff, paid weekly, get rewarded every so often if good job is done ( baked goods, maybe pizza)
Cons
For full serve the cold winters and no benefits unless part of the management team
At least they're honnest about it. The management really depend of who is managing the place you work. As for myself, I had two managers while I worked there, I loved them both, but there was someone who managing the managers and she was simply horrible, making everyone feels like we were nothing in the entreprise. It's a good temporary job tho, as they have a lot of benefits and can transfer you if you need it. The only real thing I hated about this place was that as a assistant manager you were paid 1$ more than the minimal salary and as a night clerk you were paid 2$ more, wich doesn't make sense to me.
Pros
Good temporary job, a lot of advantages.
Cons
You can't call sick, most of the time.
You are promised many things with in the company but nothing follows through. The turn over within each store and the company it self is ridiculous. I have enjoyed my time here but it is not a place for long term employment
Pros
Fast paced, friendly customers
Cons
Management changing constantly no one works as a team
I want to work here again It was the best workplace i have ever worked before. I really miss working here and would love to join back. Staff and management always helped and worked nicely.
As a store assistant at circle k, the store in the downtown is a bit more crowded and needs to be handled with care and had to watch each and every person walk in and walk out with the stuff they actually paid with or not. Many things I learned here is the management and the customer handling experience in a unique way. The hardest part of the job is to do all the tasks one-handedly and the whole store is under one person at a time.
Typical shift: 5 to 8 hour shift. Supportive management Teamwork - at least two staff working during day shifts Very busy gas bar area, and convenience store.
Pros
have scheduled breaks
Employees can get flexible hours and the management is supportive. The Company policies are very strict when it comes to customer service and food safety.
To greet every customer even if they don't care. I learnt never to trust anyone and tell them frankly especially to those who don't bring their ID to buy smokes. The management is fantastic and culture is great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with toxic customers. Talking with polite customers made my day
Great interaction with customers, Work place has good environment, Salary is Low and no benefits. Management from top is not good and with lots of politics. Uniform quality is too bad and not of proper sizes. CCTV camera at pumps are worst.
Pros
Good environment.
Cons
Less Salary of employees at customer service representative, Uniform material quality too is too Low and unfit in sizes, CCTV quality at pumps are the worst, don't have window for night time service
Circle K gave me a variety of customer support experience. There has been now not any bodily strain but the presence of thoughts is ought to. Overall, became a very good revel in.