Circle K logo

Circle K Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Found 64 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,385 reviews

Productive and learning experience of multi-tasking as a working as a sole responsible person.

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.

Pros

Not much hard work

Cons

Sole responsibility to arrange the store

this job is vary easy going and fun job

productive and good working environment, helpful staff when you work there you need to be multitasking. getting a opportunity to meet different type of personality.

Pros

easy going job

Cons

not getting a growth of your career

Good place to work at.

Nice place to work at. They value your work. The more potential you have the more work is lying on the platter. I acquired management qualities. Workplace culture is totally professional.

Good

Good people, tough working hours and overall job but it was very rewarding. People were always willing to help when a probelm arose between stores and employee sharing was wonderful.

good friendly environment

excellent place to work in great stuff great experience it helps you in learning new things like time management, improves your communication skills and experience.

Pros

free lunches

productive and good costumer

feel good to work here . very good working atmosphere .The only Circle K approved training you will receive is computer based. After you complete all the online modules, you will get hands on training that is, more often than not, rushed along and doesn’t follow company policy.

Great place to work at with lots of opportunity for career advancement

Circle K is an awesome place to work at with a relaxed environment and fun people to work with. Career advancement and growth are very important to the management staff ensuring that their employees are being challenged and are given various opportunities. Circle K is a global brand so there are tons of opportunities all over the world. I have gained extremely valuable experience and knowledge as a Real Estate professional and continue to grow in my department. Your hard work is always recognized and rewarded.

Pros

good benefits, stock plan, free merchandise samples!

easy job and good pay

its nice to work at circke k because people working there are nice and anyone can change shift schedule if he/she available but no job security your employer can fire you anytime

Pros

free drinks and coffee

Cons

shifts are between 8-12 hours

Ok job

Great for school goers as a part time job. No growth or career advancement. will have to deal with some really bad customers. No fixed breaks. Night shifts are fun

Pros

Flexible

Cons

Rude customers

Learned a lot

I learned a lot about myself while at this job. I also gained new skills which will be useful in the workplace. I also learned that it wasn't the place for me to work for the rest of my life.

Jobs at Circle K

See more jobs

fun place to work

I've been working with this company for a couple years now, it's the same thing everyday, but a good learning experience. If you're a people person, you should do just fine.

Pros

always work to be done

Cons

not enough hours

Good Place to work, easyily appliable

This job gives a lot of world experience, communication skills and every day to day skills. It is a very easy job, as long as you are dedicated, can work hard and have fun.

Pros

experience you get

Cons

late shifts

the customers are what makes this job worth it.

This job is good for a stepping stone but advancement opportunities are slim to none and a lot of is required of you for minimum wage. such as propane, first aid, baking and customer service.

Pros

Customers, co workers.

Cons

no advancement, overworked.

Entreprises dynamique et innovatrice

Chaque jounee est differente dans cette entreprise, ca commence par priorite des taches telle que lundi matin, c est la paie des employes, faire balancer les comptes et la lotterie, passer les commandes, recevoir les commandes, m assurer que les produits en Promotion sont bien étiqueté, que les employés ont bien fait leur travail,

Pros

Bonne couverture medicale

Cons

Salaire

Loved the customers, management wasn't great.

My hours were greatly deducted after nearly three years of working there. I couldn't sustain my life and its expenses, so I needed to leave in search of a more stable schedule, with more hours. I did enjoy working there, most times.

good first job

I had a decent first-job experience with Circle K. I learned a lot about customer service interaction and the customer service environment. A lot may have changed in the years since but I would recommend the company

Productive, Customer service oriented

Great opportunity for advancement. Given an awesome challenge of building a new store from the ground up. Great upper management Team. Excellent support staffing when needed

not the best

Not the best company to work for, usual complaints when asked for time off. Depending on who was on and when your shift was depended on whether it was a good one or not.

Great Environment

The manager at the time was a great leader, excellent in solving issues that were brought up to her and overall very personable, highly appreciated her wisdom and things she has taught me.

great management

I enjoyed most was my manager she was the greatest. She by all means was the best manager that I have ever had in any job that I have ever had

Great Min. Wage Job, Stingey Hours

I have worked at Circle K for about 2 years total now, and it isn't bad. If you're looking for a part time job that is extremely easy, this is the one for you. I, however, am in need of full time hours, and that is something this company can't provide. There is also no medical plan for regular staff, and you can't touch your vacation pay until May 1st of each year, because you have to wait for their fiscal year to end. NOT a good combination. Either Irving or Circle K's upper management puts a cap on the number of hours the manager can assign any given week, and they're reprimanded if they go over. This results in a huge fight for the few hours that are available. There is no chance of advancement, and you'll never be told by a district or regional manager that you're doing a good job. I have a great store manager, and she lets you know when you do something well, but despite that her hands are tied as far as giving good workers extra hours. If you're looking for something part time, or you want to work in an environment where you can do (literally) nothing, apply and enjoy! Great place to work if you're trying to finish a book or listen to the radio, just don't go into it expecting to move up the ladder or have a consistent income.

Pros

You can read on the job, no expectations of getting things done

Cons

No medical, unstable hours, no room for advancement, bad vacation pay system.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K