Circle K logo

Circle K Job security & advancement reviews

Clear
2.9Job security & advancement

Found 65 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,388 reviews

Productive and learning experience of multi-tasking as a working as a sole responsible person.

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.

Pros

Not much hard work

Cons

Sole responsibility to arrange the store

Great

I Loved working at the circle k at 100 pembroke street. Great owners , Great manager good training . I did not want full time at that point so i left.

Good

I felt a good environment as a work place.if i get a opportunity to work again then I will work ASAP. So I recommend to everyone should try to get this types of job very suitable specially for ladies.

Productive and fun workplace

its a great job to do because you get a chance to communicate with a lot of people, work in a team and there is something new everyday to learn and also a help you to develop communication skills.

productive

it was a great experience as i got to learn many new things. Along with the job experience I got to learn about the way to interact with different natured customers.

It was a great experience working with Circle K. Since its mainly focused on customer service in which I had past working experience. I believe I could give my best

Productive and fun working

Its good experience to work with circle K got lots of experience and they help me to explore my abilities with good working environment helpful manager and good colleges.

It's a great job other than the pay.

The pay is terrible and you never get raises. For the amount of money they make off you working alone, the pay should be at least 15/h. There are not many culture activities because it's not really a career.

Circle K

Enjoy working for Circle K, high stress though, low pay, plenty of job security and room for advancement. Would definitely recommend for someone looking to get experience in management.

Fun workplace as we got mostly regular customers at the store.

Working at Circle k or any other retail store adds valuable experience in your career. It's one of the most recognized convenience stores in Canada which provides excellent customer service and quality products.

Jobs at Circle K

See more jobs

sick

great experience from thiss job i enjoed it very much and learnt alot throug this great opptruntity very thaknful and bkessd to have this experiocnce with me

good management

the manager provided flexible hours, all in all, was a typical gas clerk job, you should have some experience dealing with customers though, as that is the main aspect of the job

Easy and to the point environment.

The only complaint I would have would be the distance from my home to the store. I had to leave due to this interfering with my education.

The culture for this company is gone

The Company used to be a great place to work This ended in 2014 withe the hiring of a New VP Now it terrible

Great place to gain experience.

My first real taste of management and I quite enjoyed it. I got plenty of opportunities to show how good I could be at the job. If you need good management experiences under your belt, you can do far worse.

Pros

Medical and Dental

Cons

Occasional Awkward Shifts

Develops your character

Gained experience in dealing with customers. Great staff and a great manager.

Worst Place To Work Ever.

Disrespectful Behavior by the manager.Questions your character and self respect.Had worst experience working with circle K at walker road,Windsor,ON. Didn't show any sort of respect towards employee. Stated not to be seen near store for next 6 months. I proudly left my job just to avoid the doubts and questions that he used to put on me. Anything happens, that too not it our shift, he used to blame me by sending me pictures of it. He stated " refrain coming near the business location ".

Pros

No Pros

Cons

No respect shown towards employee by manager.

Ok in desperate times

It is a good job, at first I didn’t mind the tasks but they get old quick and has low pay grades for the jobs that are offered. I have spoken with people in multiple positions during that past year and from all the stuff they told me they had to do, the money offered for doesn’t seem worth it.

Pros

Good staff/environment

Cons

Low wages

Don't work here

If I could I'd give the company 0 stars. A lot of people put blame on office staff when in fact the office staff is just as over worked and stressed as the cashiers are. Full blame goes out to the company. They expect way too much. They don't care about their employees. Turnover rate of employees is just as ridiculous. I worked office in 2 stores over a course of 5 years. Towards the end of my career with the company I was told by the market manager they were over paying me and took my office premium away. I had been paid the same way for 5 years up until this point. I wish I took them to the labour board but I ended up quitting aqnd found a job I'm in love with. I would only recommend this company as a first time job for a student.

Pros

great customers

Cons

shady company

The worst place I've ever worked

The mystery shop is one thing: you can only say "hello" upon a customers arrival it takes away from your indiviudality and you become a little robot repeating the same things. If you don't and fail they write you up and after 3 failed mystery shops fire you. For saying good morning instead of hello? Crazy. Worked in 2 different stores and paid the same way for 4 years doing office work (a part from raises). When I refused to move up in the company as a manager my office premium was cut shortly after. I was told by a market manager they were over paying me. Today: they pay an employee in the same office job what I USED to be paid before my wage was cut. Needless to say they have a funny way of running things. Recommend only if you're a high school student or someone looking for a first job nothing else.

Pros

great fast pace environment

Cons

company wants you to be a robot

good management

good experience in retail business. Service awards Opportunities for advancement Flexible work schedule..................................................

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K