Circle K

Circle K Job security & advancement reviews

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.
Pros
Not much hard work
Cons
Sole responsibility to arrange the store
Avoid working here. Terrible company. They don't care about you. No benefits and poor pay. Youre lucky if you meet some cool coworkers and that is the only bonus of the job. Not flexible with schedule either and youre considered part time no matter how much you work which means your hours can get cut at any second. Went from 30 hours a week to 15 hours because it wasn't "busy" enough. No job security. Company won't even accommodate doctors notes. Youre expected to push sales on customers with no excuses and if you don't meet sales goals, you get written up.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, terrible scheduling, long hours on your feet, no paid breaks, etc
Upper management really dicks the managers at our stores. My manager is working for 12,75 with no benefits. He got forced into the position and offered little to no training for him. Truly disgusting !
Pros
You learn what you don’t want
Cons
See people get used.
I’ve been a cashier, supervisor, and assistant manager. Its hard to take this company seriously. Switched back to cashier after working my way up to assistant because I couldn’t stand to assist the manager anymore. Way too stressful, with too many responsibilities piled on top of each other. The higher management is seriously corrupt. They pray on those who show great work ethic, make promises to reward hard work, then rip the rug right from under you. MAJOR employee theft, and no one cares. It’s an easy way to make some money, if you can handle the co workers. But don’t take it too seriously. They’ll promise advancement, but in return they’ll want you to sign over your life for less than $13/hour.
Pros
Can transfer to different locations, paid weekly
Cons
Always standing, short staffed, poor training
This job requires patience and understanding, you will have customers that seem to take forever and others that seem like they are running extremely late. After a while you get to know your regulars and seem to remember the small things like what cigarettes they are going to purchase before the even ask . Might not seem like a big deal to you but does make a difference for them.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
No official break always doing something
I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis
Cons
Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft
I started at circle k right after turning 16, I enjoyed working there for a year but we were constantly understaffed so a lot of different roles were thrown onto employees with seniority so the job became stressful quickly. Promotions are not easily achieved and when they are the highest pay is only a couple dollars more than minimum wage for a lot more work and there are no employee health benefits, you only get a percentage off of purchases.
Pros
Discount on products and gas
Cons
Over worked most of the time
Circle K is a great place work, the culture is amazing and they are very accepting and inclusive. This is one company where I truly believe advancement is a priority. Many people in upper management went from CSR to store operator to market manager and beyond. It can be hard work but the people you work with make up for it 10 fold.
Pros
Conferences, work vehicle, stock options, great co workers, bonuses
Cons
Can be stressful
Very poor management. Manager is not willing to come at store she is always hire one person extra to manage her work rather then coming to store and do some work with other employees. When find someone, she suddenly stopped response you and nor even giving you shift without saying anything
Got some how taken over and was terminated not offered to stay or anything after my 3 months probation didn't give a proper 2 week notice to their employees just 24 hours so a lot of people got hurt 2 weeks before Christmas but before the take over it was a great place now its just a certain type of culture for employees all cause they took over they fired all the canadians and hired just there culture except for a slight few
Pros
Cons
Not good no more no job security anymore
Great work life balance . Circle K give us a chance to learn new skills and help us to knowing his products which improves customer satisfaction. at last nice place to work and learn new skills
Worked there for a few years, it was hard because not a lot of people took it seriously, so you’d end up working more than you wanted too. Definitely was hard to have a life outside of work. High paced environment when we had busses, unsure what it is like now
Circle K gave me a variety of customer support experience. There has been now not any bodily strain but the presence of thoughts is ought to. Overall, became a very good revel in.
Not every job is a dead end. With circlek you can either move forward or be at a stand still. Give 110% if you want to show who you are and what you can bring as a team player. I started as overnight CSR, went to supervisor, then manager. Eventually I owned my own store. Even my staff went places. Working for this company can also help you advance into your goals by teaching you how to work in a fast pace environment and a chance to bank money towards your schooling or dreams.
I enjoyed working in circle k and learn about time management. I'm in canada from last four months circle k is the first work place where I learned a many things.
it was great experience over there. I learned lot of things and main how to deal with any customers. I hope it will help me in my future to be success in my life.
I enjoyed my co- workers, I had zero training ,and when I did make a mistake , I would be yelled at in front of customers . The hardest part of my job was not having a job description . Also what made my job was the manager and asst manager were very nasty and both bullied Everyone . I would have stayed there if it wasn't for them . We also had no break room , or place to have our lunch .
This company is good I have been working there last two years, I learned many things it is fast pace working area where you have to be do multiple task at a time.
Pros
always get new experience, talk with new customers
Cons
not enough salary, no future growth
I Loved working at the circle k at 100 pembroke street. Great owners , Great manager good training . I did not want full time at that point so i left.
I felt a good environment as a work place.if i get a opportunity to work again then I will work ASAP. So I recommend to everyone should try to get this types of job very suitable specially for ladies.
its a great job to do because you get a chance to communicate with a lot of people, work in a team and there is something new everyday to learn and also a help you to develop communication skills.
  1. Job Security & Advancement