Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews

Average job ive had harder but this is just day in day out stuff that anyone with half a brain could do if you want to see if your fit for working work here it’s neutral
Pros
.15% discount
Cons
Wintertime
Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.
Pros
Not much hard work
Cons
Sole responsibility to arrange the store
Avoid working here. Terrible company. They don't care about you. No benefits and poor pay. Youre lucky if you meet some cool coworkers and that is the only bonus of the job. Not flexible with schedule either and youre considered part time no matter how much you work which means your hours can get cut at any second. Went from 30 hours a week to 15 hours because it wasn't "busy" enough. No job security. Company won't even accommodate doctors notes. Youre expected to push sales on customers with no excuses and if you don't meet sales goals, you get written up.
Pros
Some nice coworkers
Cons
Poor pay, no benefits, terrible scheduling, long hours on your feet, no paid breaks, etc
It can be a fun place to work depending on the situation. If your understaffed your overworked. And under an immense amount of stress. . If your store is a high volume store meaning foot, bike and auto traffic 1 person can't be expected to do the job a 3 man job can do. Lines should never reach the coolers. And people standing less than 6 ft. Especially during covid-19. Overall it's a good place.
Pros
Positive
Cons
Over worked over stressed. Waste, theft, understaffed.
Working here can be a drag. There is way too much work for way to little hours. There is virtually no benefits unless you are senior sales or up. They did not introduce paid sick time untill the covid 19 pandemic happened. Who know if it will be staying after the pandemic is over. We had a dollar "appreciation" pay add to our pay for a couple month for being "essential" but management does not hesitate to let you know how replaceable you are. This job is only for people who are retired or students.
Pros
You have a job
Cons
No benefits, always under staffed, few hours
It was my first job in Canada, was nice to work with professional people and learn from them. Custer service, dealing with customers and so many other things I learned during my employment with Circle K
Pros
Place where you deal with a lot of people everyday
Cons
Upper management really dicks the managers at our stores. My manager is working for 12,75 with no benefits. He got forced into the position and offered little to no training for him. Truly disgusting !
Pros
You learn what you don’t want
Cons
See people get used.
Circle K is good for students who have no intention of staying with the company, or someone looking for a little bit of extra income. Getting benefits and reasonable wages or even a decent schedule was nearly impossible for most people working there. Overall I would say it’s a company with little to no future for most of its employees even though the work is valuable and potentially dangerous in a number of aspects. Hard working staff are under appreciated.
Pros
Nice enough coworkers and small rewards
Cons
No benefits for most employees, and no stable hours or schedule.
I’ve been a cashier, supervisor, and assistant manager. Its hard to take this company seriously. Switched back to cashier after working my way up to assistant because I couldn’t stand to assist the manager anymore. Way too stressful, with too many responsibilities piled on top of each other. The higher management is seriously corrupt. They pray on those who show great work ethic, make promises to reward hard work, then rip the rug right from under you. MAJOR employee theft, and no one cares. It’s an easy way to make some money, if you can handle the co workers. But don’t take it too seriously. They’ll promise advancement, but in return they’ll want you to sign over your life for less than $13/hour.
Pros
Can transfer to different locations, paid weekly
Cons
Always standing, short staffed, poor training
This job requires patience and understanding, you will have customers that seem to take forever and others that seem like they are running extremely late. After a while you get to know your regulars and seem to remember the small things like what cigarettes they are going to purchase before the even ask . Might not seem like a big deal to you but does make a difference for them.
Pros
Job advancement
Cons
No official break always doing something
I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.
Pros
Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis
Cons
Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft
This place is a horrible place to work . If the manager doesn’t like you your screwed. A lot of playing favorites. When you need time off there is a big deal about it. Only certain people can do what they want. Others can’t
I started at circle k right after turning 16, I enjoyed working there for a year but we were constantly understaffed so a lot of different roles were thrown onto employees with seniority so the job became stressful quickly. Promotions are not easily achieved and when they are the highest pay is only a couple dollars more than minimum wage for a lot more work and there are no employee health benefits, you only get a percentage off of purchases.
Pros
Discount on products and gas
Cons
Over worked most of the time
Circle K is a great place work, the culture is amazing and they are very accepting and inclusive. This is one company where I truly believe advancement is a priority. Many people in upper management went from CSR to store operator to market manager and beyond. It can be hard work but the people you work with make up for it 10 fold.
Pros
Conferences, work vehicle, stock options, great co workers, bonuses
Cons
Can be stressful
Very poor management. Manager is not willing to come at store she is always hire one person extra to manage her work rather then coming to store and do some work with other employees. When find someone, she suddenly stopped response you and nor even giving you shift without saying anything
The worst franchise company to work for. Every month they hire third party company to do an inventory of the store, guess what? you’re short over thousands of dollars of your inventory. If you short one penny, guess who’s gonna pay for it? You....some times you wonder if the inventory crew and the Owners are thieves to steal ur money. Don’t ever work for this company or they will clean your bank account dry. The worst franchise company in the world.
Pros
No nuthing good here.
Cons
You will get broke!!
Got some how taken over and was terminated not offered to stay or anything after my 3 months probation didn't give a proper 2 week notice to their employees just 24 hours so a lot of people got hurt 2 weeks before Christmas but before the take over it was a great place now its just a certain type of culture for employees all cause they took over they fired all the canadians and hired just there culture except for a slight few
Pros
Cons
Not good no more no job security anymore
No a good place to work. Management are dating and blame every CSR for things managers should be doing but don’t do because they are always in the office with each other.
Pros
Can’t think of any
Cons
Too many to list
Management yelled at staff. Gave credit for work done to others. Showed favoritism to staff. Wouldn't communicate issues and try to be a team. Management lied and passed the blame to staff members. Management passed off the work load unfairly so they wouldn't have to deal with things they didn't want to. Then lied to the marketing manager when things went wrong like lack of product. Hired too many staff then took away hour ls from staff promised the hours. Then started rearranging people's shifts without notice.
Cons
Management is disrespectful
Great work life balance . Circle K give us a chance to learn new skills and help us to knowing his products which improves customer satisfaction. at last nice place to work and learn new skills
Manager is great takes care of her employees. Worked in full serve and full time. Only complaint is the other 2 people don't really do anything and they just kinda have to be asked a couple times to help me do something for their shift. Haven't had any other issues though everybody is friendly, get paid weekly. It gets really cold in the winter but she let's you come inside and warm up is grab a hot drink
Pros
Friendly staff, paid weekly, get rewarded every so often if good job is done ( baked goods, maybe pizza)
Cons
For full serve the cold winters and no benefits unless part of the management team
  1. Employee reviews