Circle K logo
Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews for Sales Associate

Found 15 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,370 reviews

Fun place to work but theres times where its too much

Average job ive had harder but this is just day in day out stuff that anyone with half a brain could do if you want to see if your fit for working work here it’s neutral

Pros

.15% discount

Cons

Wintertime

Bad Experience

Management yelled at staff. Gave credit for work done to others. Showed favoritism to staff. Wouldn't communicate issues and try to be a team. Management lied and passed the blame to staff members. Management passed off the work load unfairly so they wouldn't have to deal with things they didn't want to. Then lied to the marketing manager when things went wrong like lack of product. Hired too many staff then took away hour ls from staff promised the hours. Then started rearranging people's shifts without notice.

Cons

Management is disrespectful

easy to work

good for a part time job and learn good handling skills with different people and good inventory handling skills, learn time management with good customer speaking skills

I loved working here. My manager and assistant manager were both great to work with and still help me if I need something even though I left in April 2019! The pay is only minimum wage, however that isn’t managements fault. The owner is a bit of a jerk though. Have heard him yell at my manager more times than I would like to admit. I would absolutely recommend Circle K!

Really active rushes, very quiet lulls

You tend to meet a lot of people at gas stations, some locals or some on a trip. There are plenty of people that are delightful to serve, but there are many that are painful to serve. Unfortunately part and parcel with customer service but you seem to get them quite frequently here. Not recommended for people who can't handle 5 mins. of shouting from someone because you charged them $30.01 because they filled $30.01.

Either your best friend or worst enemy

Working at the circle K has been a great experience. Management is friendly and supportive but definitely knows when to put their foot down. The job is easy enough as long as you aren't lazy, and it's not hard to go above and beyond your expectations.

Slow and Fast paced

Lots of different activities for employees to do so the days are not monotonous, the customers are most times friendly, but when working for a gas station in the times we life in, you always have to have your guard up, it would be nice if security was increased to protect employees.

It just sucks

DO NOT WORK HERE! That is unless you are a smoker and you don't mind being overworked and you don't mind not getting any breaks. They expect you to be at work 30 min to a hour early and stay 15 min to 30 min late, but will only pay you for the hours that are on the schedule. Also someone reported them to Worksafe for not giving breaks and they cut 30 min out of our pay and still didn't give us breaks. The management does not talk to each other which makes your job nearly impossible because you don't know what signage is supposed to go up, but you will be talked to if it doesn't get done. No one listens so if you need a day off for an appointment or something you won't get it and you will be expected to come into work. They will schedule you to work let you go home and sleep for 4 hours and then expect you to come in to work again. Overall this job is nearly impossible and will stress you out of your mind. Unless you like that kind of job.

Pros

Most of the staff are great.

Circle K

Enjoyable place to work. Work environment can change pending the type of manager you have. Duties include: • Provide exemplary customer service • Calculate and balance cash • Monitor and prepare merchandise • Coach and assist new employees

enjoy to have an encounter with a variety of customers

Customers from different walks of life come. To have a good business, you need to have a friendly chat with them. To sell your product, you need to enter the heart of your customer and to change his mind to buy an improved and long lasting product which may be little costly for them but they are happily to pay for that. Hardest part of the job is when a customer ask for an item which is not in stock but we write down the name of the item for the manager to arrange for that. If the customer gives Phone number. we call him/her or if he/she does not, we give ours to call after two working days. The most enjoyable part of the job is when an unhappy customer come and he leaves the store with happy mood.

Pros

Appreciation

Cons

Of course log hours

Jobs at Circle K

Sales Associate positions
See more jobs

Management was poor

management need to be improved big time, staff members were great to work with, got paid minimal as I was doing management work everyday, spoke to human resources and nothing ended up getting done.

Amazing place to work.

Your start your shift at seven am, once you come in you see what your supervisor wants you to work on. Be it cash, orders, or food section. Then you do your job, take your breaks, and have a lot of laughs through out the day.Then you end your shift feeling great, and come back again tomorrow.

Pros

Great co-workers.

Cons

Standing all shift

stayed there as long as I possibly could

I had an amazing time with Circle K until the change of management. Things became unfair and people were favoured and others were over worked. Management never seemed to really care about anything besides their on work.

Cons

poor management now

never again

I gave this company a bad rating because I left because of harassment that management let continue after it was brought to her attention.

Pros

Cons

all

low paying job that you can just get by on

I had a good boss but was always short staffed and over worked

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K