Circle K logo
Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews for Customer Service Associate / Cashier

Found 37 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,368 reviews

Watching a sad decline. In what was once a great working environment. Store mgrs had control of their stores..

It can be a fun place to work depending on the situation. If your understaffed your overworked. And under an immense amount of stress. . If your store is a high volume store meaning foot, bike and auto traffic 1 person can't be expected to do the job a 3 man job can do. Lines should never reach the coolers. And people standing less than 6 ft. Especially during covid-19. Overall it's a good place.

Pros

Positive

Cons

Over worked over stressed. Waste, theft, understaffed.

Productive and fun place to work

I am learning so much. Meeting so many people from all around the city. It’s amazing. I would definitely recommend someone working here as it is a place where you can develop a sense of responsibility towards the business and run it like it is your own business.

good place, bad coworkers

very good place to work, though stressful, and fast-paced, its an easy job. but there are certain coworkers that are not worth the job to be working at because its hard on your mental health. the managers are amazing! so is day staff! but night staff isn't.

Pros

free pop or coffee, 40 minute break, discount

Cons

back to back shifts, horrible coworkers

Nice and very good place to work with other team members

All the team members at Circle K where I am working are very nice and are co-operative. At Circle K we have to provide the best friendly customer service to all of our customers.

Great job but sometimes too many people

It was great, the people were really friendly and the environment was pretty nice, sometimes it would be stressful owing to the gas station part and you would have to deal with angry customers who do not read when it is pointed it is a prepaid pump... although, you learn how to deal with people.

Fun working place

Its a good place to work and the owner was also good he took care of me just like his daughter other employees were also good towards me as I was new to canada when I started

never even any insentive to try harder like a contest for staff.

I enjoyed my co- workers, I had zero training ,and when I did make a mistake , I would be yelled at in front of customers . The hardest part of my job was not having a job description . Also what made my job was the manager and asst manager were very nasty and both bullied Everyone . I would have stayed there if it wasn't for them . We also had no break room , or place to have our lunch .

Pay is less

Pay should be more and overall circle k where i am working is really good. Owner and management are like family. My seniors are very helpful. They are always a phonecall away. I enjoy working here.

Nice Experience

Really good learning skills i got from there. Nice crew members. Good management. Lot of work to learn. No hidings. Busy in summer time. 24 hour services.

Dont work here.

Absolutely terrible, well at least the glace bay one, manager is fake, and rude, the company is bull, 2% off gas if you’re an employee when you can drive up the road and anyone in glace bay can get 3 cents off a litre anyway, the company doesnt appreciate you, constant mystery shoppers come in to make your life h*ll, they dont come in to help you, they come in hoping you’ll fail, also to note its. Agas station where anyone could rob the store, and 11.55 an hour isnt enough to risk your life

Worst company I have ever worked for

Long story short, they pay you minimum wage with a 5 cent increase every 5 months on average. You are always short staffed& you are expected to do 5 things at once while serving customers and keeping the pumps orderly by yourself. Upper management & HR Were a nightmare to deal with.

I learn lot of things

I work in circkle k it’s was a good experience but they don’t paid on off days no benefits all day stand no off days work all 7 days and lots of work but the salary was not enough when you don’t come one the will fire you you can’t take off if you are sick and they don’t pay enough money no benefits no sitting was allowed it was soo stressful job if someone new in Canada that job will be good bcz they give you experience

Circle K

The Manager and his wife and wonderful people to work for. very helpful and always made me laugh. It is fast pace on a normal day customers in and out....trying to get product put away sometime you get it all other times you have to leave it for the next person.

Great place to work. Staff is very nice and presntable. Easy to understand the basics. But they will show you training. Fast pased work. But once you get use to it is great

A typical day at work is all about communication, selling items to the customers, sometimes helping them choose which one is the best or cheapest cigarettes, advertising any sales or deals. What I've learnt about is to never trust a customer like a true friend.. keeping things professionally in a workplace is recommended, I've spent my own money to help customers who are short in change, they always say that they'll pay me back but they never do or try to pull up a scam/fraud. Managing the workplace is keeping things clean, people make a lot of mess and it is my job to keep things clean. Cash handling, making sure no more than $100 bills in the till. Always ask for ID for those who look under 40 years old when buying lottery tickets or cigarettes, even if you know the customer well, always ask for ID. The hardest part of the job is to make sure customers aren't stealing, or dealing with customer's anger. The most enjoyable part of the job is communicating and seeing customers win a big prize, I've wished someone a very good luck because he seemed very nice and once the instant poker lottery started folding, he received almost $12,000 and seeing him really happy and excited made my day.

Easy and to the point environment.

The only complaint I would have would be the distance from my home to the store. I had to leave due to this interfering with my education.

Worst Place To Work Ever.

Disrespectful Behavior by the manager.Questions your character and self respect.Had worst experience working with circle K at walker road,Windsor,ON. Didn't show any sort of respect towards employee. Stated not to be seen near store for next 6 months. I proudly left my job just to avoid the doubts and questions that he used to put on me. Anything happens, that too not it our shift, he used to blame me by sending me pictures of it. He stated " refrain coming near the business location ".

Pros

No Pros

Cons

No respect shown towards employee by manager.

friendly staff

best experience lot of good relation with customers. always been treated good by everyone. learn about food handling supervising gas station nice atmosphere to work

Not really a fun loving work place

Very hard work as alone i have to see the whole store. I have learned how to deal with costumers . Management was not so good. Workplace was very busy at it is situated in ingersoll . Hardest part of the job was to manage the whole store alone. Most enjoyable part was that to deal with different type of costumers.

Cons

no free lunch and not even 5 mints break

Good learning experience

Circle K was a good place to pick up customer service skills, time management skills and independence. Pays were good, and was weekly which made things convenient.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Shifts were limited

Honest work for the pay

What you would expect with a minimum wage job. Some days were better then others just like every other job. Management were friendly and became friends with them over the year.

Pros

discount

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K