Circle K logo
Circle K
Happiness score is 62 out of 100Average

Circle K Employee Reviews in Halifax, NS

Found 9 reviews matching the searchSee all 10,368 reviews

It's your co-workers that make or break this job

I absolutely loved my Circle K family, I think I had the best manager this company had to offer. The job could be stressful, especially if you were on a shift where you worked alone. Due to staffing issues we were all worked to the point of insanity at least once, but we really had eachother to at least vent it out. This job takes much more of a toll than one would think, and with very little pay but our manager really made sure we were praised and tried his absolute best to keep his staff sane.

Pros

Fantastic coworkers and manager, paid on a weekly basis

Cons

Long hours, Lack of Breaks, Rude Customers, High Risk of Theft

Good learning experience

Circle K was a good place to pick up customer service skills, time management skills and independence. Pays were good, and was weekly which made things convenient.

Pros

Employee discount

Cons

Shifts were limited

It is a good place to work for someone starting out in the work world and it gives you valuable experience dealing with people.

It is a decent company that tries to do well by its staff in the retail world. A typical day can be quite atypical as there are quite often issues that come up that are unique and unanticipated.

Pros

Flexible schedule, good managers

Cons

Low Pay, working holidays.

easy going

as a gas station its pretty high quality. the hardest part of the job would be dealing with customers getting mad at you for things that aren't your fault. one of the best things is getting to work with a strong team of great people.

Pros

great team

Cons

Boring alone shifts

mediocre management, mediocre staff

Although I did not enjoy the management or staff due to their methods of communication, there are some good things. I enjoyed the work environment, I worked alone often, meaning I had responsibility and was trusted with the store. Though I worked alone often, I did have the opportunity to work along side other staff, some of whom I liked and admired. of course a favorite part of the work experience is always the customers.

Pros

20% discount on in store products, 2% discount on gas.

Cons

poorly managed, under staffed at times

great work environment

the best work place i worked for , the company take so much time and effort to train there employees and appreciate good employees at all aspects . what gives a great environment and good atmosphere of people who really want to come to work .

Pros

very good company in all aspects

Cons

no cons

Not a very fun place to work

I disliked it, have spoke to make other people who would agree with me. Circle K is great for a summer job, or something you don't care about. Don't commit to this for the rest of your life.

Pros

discount on in store items, except cigarettes and lottery.

Cons

management is lacking in ability to do their jobs, in-store drama, etc.

Great Min. Wage Job, Stingey Hours

I have worked at Circle K for about 2 years total now, and it isn't bad. If you're looking for a part time job that is extremely easy, this is the one for you. I, however, am in need of full time hours, and that is something this company can't provide. There is also no medical plan for regular staff, and you can't touch your vacation pay until May 1st of each year, because you have to wait for their fiscal year to end. NOT a good combination. Either Irving or Circle K's upper management puts a cap on the number of hours the manager can assign any given week, and they're reprimanded if they go over. This results in a huge fight for the few hours that are available. There is no chance of advancement, and you'll never be told by a district or regional manager that you're doing a good job. I have a great store manager, and she lets you know when you do something well, but despite that her hands are tied as far as giving good workers extra hours. If you're looking for something part time, or you want to work in an environment where you can do (literally) nothing, apply and enjoy! Great place to work if you're trying to finish a book or listen to the radio, just don't go into it expecting to move up the ladder or have a consistent income.

Pros

You can read on the job, no expectations of getting things done

Cons

No medical, unstable hours, no room for advancement, bad vacation pay system.

Nice place to start career

Circle K is good place to work, learn lots of aspects about management, deal with people. Nice work environment.

Pros

good work environment

Jobs at Circle K