Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews

Canada371 reviews

Found 371 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,149 reviews
storecustomershiftstationcustomcashnightwage

Low pay, but decent work environment

I worked backshift, which is mainly cleaning and serving customers. Since I worked alone I didn't feel entirely safe all the time. I worked really hard, and management did treat me well and I felt appreciated.

Pros

Store discount

Cons

Difficult hours

Hardest workplace

not a good place to work rest depends on the employerminimum payrate but hardest work all the timesavoid it if you can not worth of the time not a fun place to work

Insights into Circle K

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Love the team, despise the company

After some years working for ck, it all just went downhill. Manager and team are awesome, above that is like talking to a wall. Ck doesn't care about wages or hours. (Out of managers hands).They like to add more to the workload without considering it takes more time and effort for the people on site to do. The staff are getting burnt out and drained. No appreciation from company. Also, be prepared to work alone for 4 hours. You get stuck on cash a lot so many things that need to get done, just wont get done. Then you get questioned why it didn't get done. Even with many people sacrificing their breaks in order to try to get caught up. You probably will have to stay past shift too. You could work there for years proving yourself before you even get less than a dollar raise. Job is mentally and physically demanding. This company needs to get better wages out there, show some appreciation, give more hours, hire more people in order for this to work. Ck is about teamwork. Shouldn't it be applied to the company as whole? Without the people downstairs, they wouldnt be up top. The people upstairs should be listening and considering what the people working frontline are saying. But to the people up in office, they just care about money in their pockets. So no, I do not recommend working for this company at all. 1/10.

Pros

Manager, flexibility, customers, staff

Cons

Not enough hours, low wage, no recognition, not enough staff, working alone, demanding, draining, workload, stuck on cash

Advancement Opportunity and Growth

Circle K provides great advancement opportunity and growth no matter department you work in. From store to non-store positions, the growth path is endless. I've been with Circle K for almost 20 years and I 've had the opportunity to progress through multiple positions within my department. I will also add that it is not always about the position change, but the endless opportunities to learn and grow. The ability to take on stretch assignments within your own department or another department is very motivating. There aren't many organizations that can provide these options. It is definitely something that I've appreciated in my tenure at Circle K.

Pros

Annual engagement survey, Business Resource Groups to support an inclusive workplace

Work environment

Work environment is not healthy,Market manager never show up and often send minions to do the inspections and check other protocols.Market manager are always on vacation dealers suffer with heavy load of work with no life balance.

Pros

To build resume

Cons

Extermly high stress

Nice work

Yeah its an amazing work with the circle K, its a good environment to work with, the only thing i dont like it here is that the circle k doesn't listen to their employees.

Fun workplace

Awesome place to workGreat co workers, fun to work with.Amazing management Amazing flexibility of shiftsReally enjoyed meeting new people every day.Really recommend this job

Pros

Awesome work culture

Cons

Chill for night shift rest is brutal.

Okay if you are a student. Anything else and you are wasting your time.Unless you can not get any other job this is not worth it.Night shift is better unless some druggie decide to make it not that way.

Pros

Night shifts are okay

Cons

day shifts are always brutal

Wasn’t too bad as a cashier higher you move up more it becomes less worth it.

Upper management is not good normally store managers aren’t to bad other than enfield she’s horrible now as of a month or two ago. Works really not to hard as a cashier but as management too much is expected of you for not enough pay.

Fun place to work

Great hours great staff great job clean environment easy to learn the best boss I ever had would definitely recommend working there. Good opportunity Good job

good entry level job for someone who doesn't mind customer service

Fun job except when it isn't. a lot of doing other people's work because they didn't "have time". depending on the store manager you will either have a good experience or a bad one. hours are all over the place and never a work/ home life balance. one week all 3-11pm shifts and the next 11-7 pm shifts. or overnights. if you are a routine type of person this is not the job for you. also you will not get any benefits unless you work your way up.

Pros

incentives, the people

Cons

long hours, other peoples work, no benefits, strange shift times, bad customers.

Fun place to learn cash transactions

Basically you will cook snacks and bakery (frozen). There are lots of new things that you will learn and get to know many people. You acquire knowledge of different lottery and cigarettes.

Decent Starter Job

It’s a great job for someone as a first time employee but as far as making a living you can’t do it very easily at circle k. I would recommend this job for a student or teen though!

My staff

It was a alright place to work but then you never know what our DR from Halifax was going to do she likes you one time and then she wants you gone director and manager talks behind staffs back instead of being truthful with them always promising them things like positions and then go back to the office and say not a chance in this world so why did you just give the staff member some hope when you really know you are not ever going promote them Very Shady

Pros

Cons

Company

Fun workplace

Friendly people to work with customers were great. I had a great experience while working with circle k. The team was like family to me. They are very supportive. Always there to help other people. Kept the store nice and clean made sure the store was well stocked for customers. I would recommend this company for a job.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Just one break

revolving door

good luck with this one folks, the online portal through which the hiring process slows everything down. there is no "workplace culture" to speak of. you will be treated as disposable.there are more tasks to be done than there is time to do them. you will be promised X number of hours, requested to be available 24/7 and then not get the hours you were promised. no break, and they want to pay you for 7.5 hours instead of 8! because you had a 30 minute "break". (you didn't, as you are most likely the only employee working the customer service position at the time, and there's nobody to take your place for your "break".)Again, good luck.

Cons

more tasks to be done than can be accomplished most days

Very fair and Organized company

Fast paced environment. No two days alike. Never boring. Lots of online educational material available. Flexible work/life balance. A huge worldwide company with potential for advancement and transfer. Friendly coworkers and customers. A fair respectable and organized company. If you take pride in your work, enjoy sales/marketing and working with the public it’s a great place to start a career.

Pros

Training/Organized/Employee Benefits and Discount

Cons

Great company to work for

Circle K has always been a great company. I worked there for 3 years and it honestly was the best job I've ever had. Management was so helpful. I made great friendships while working there. I worked here while I was in school.

Pros

flexibility

Cons

not much room for advancement

Terrible place, no advancement ever.

If ya just want a job a trained monkey could do then go for it.Its NOT a career. At all.And you will still make minimum wage after 5 years with no regular raises. Or wage reviews.

Pros

Free coffee, or tea

Cons

No recognition for going above and beyond.

Salaire insufisant

Salaire trop bas pour le travail demander.et le poste de gérant es sous payer dépensé son propre argent pour aller travailler bénévole ces de labus

Dysfunctional management with no regards for associates.

Join here only if you hate yourself.Management loves making money by exploiting their staff.Nobody gets paid on time.One needs to beg for their deserved pay.

Pros

Cons

Existence of this company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement