Circle K

• Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job

It is mediocre job

The job means that you have to deal with customers, sell lotto tickets and also try to upsell. You also have to turn over stale corndogss to pretend they are fresh.

just dont go there if you value your time

you have to manage everthing in the store one person is working with higher work load instead of hiring two peopleno holiday pay or no other perks will never work there again

Cons

low pay, no value of your time, higher work loads

Easy Job But No Pay

Circle K is an easy place to work. You have you standard serve customers quickly and clean the store and equipment regularly. So it's not hard. However when other gas stations/convenience stores pay higher than Circle K it's hard to stay.

Pros

Easy work

Cons

Low pay

The best time is when it’s busy

The reason is because if your busy you don’t think of how miserable you are when your working there and how your doing 2 to 3 persons work that of work and receive no help or benefits by doing so

Pros

There’s none the discount isn’t good either

Cons

They will make you do stupid hours for no reason

Awful Job & Management

I worked at a Circle K located on the TCH for a few months and did not enjoy it at all. The management definitely favored employees. I would have to go out and do the garbage's myself everyday because the other girls had their manicures done and couldn't break a nail. I told the Manager upfront I did not feel comfortable working overnights and she said that its too bad I would get used to it. Leaving a young girl completely alone on the side of the highway is absolutely crazy. I used to work until 11am by myself and it was terrifying. There were also multiple times the over night person was an hour + late for work and management made me stay and would tell me that's my issue not theirs.. Would never ever recommend working here. There should never be a time an employee should be working alone especially in the night. Also I now know if your working alone you should of at least been trained in first aid and have a check in measure in place which neither of these were provided. I will never work at a gas station again.

Pros

Cons

Not Safe

Trying too hard to be fun

After 9 years working for circle k I remained in the same position I started in working overnight. On multiple occasions I had to go through her to resolve minor issues the work load is not properly distributed therefore most of the work is done over night and you get in trouble if not all done even if the day did nothing and at night you work alone.

Its a job

Here is my opinion, it’s a okay place to work if you’re looking for a simple low paying customer service job, your duties usually aren’t that crazy and there’s plenty of opportunity to have fun throughout the day. But working in management is not great. I wouldn’t recommend taking that promotion unless you have a burning passion for the gas station lifestyle.

Pros

CSA is a pretty simple job, can be pretty easy to guarantee yourself hours by being a good employee.

Cons

Very volatile hours if you work in management, and low pay all around.

Awful

No breaks, paid very little, let go for no reason, don’t work for them. Paid the very minimum disposable and expect you to be very available for them and get nothing in return

No security, no benifits

You work alone in shift (even nights). Just one psyco customer & u will be completely insecure, no one to help on time. Yes police might arriave after you get hurt!

Depends

After working here for almost 8 years I have to say the job isnt bad. It just comes down to who you work with and if you're liked.Probably the worst training system I've ever had to do. Mostly you'll get stuck on cash the entire shift and wont learn anything until your coworkers start to warm up to you, which may never happen unless your liked. For all the stuff you have to do its definitely not worth minimum wage and after a year you get a 5 cent raise every 900 hours worked also no benefits unless you're senior sales or above. The constant headache of being called in can be a pain too. Unless you really like to work yourself to death for minimum wage.

Pros

Nothing that i can think of.

Cons

Only a half hour unpaid break, minimum wage, basically no raises, back breaking work, always have to be standing, no benefits unless above csa

Productive and fun workplace

I loved working over there. It was an amazing experience through the whole time working at Circle k. I got an opportunity to learn new things each and everyday.

Pros

Free drinks

Bad working experience

The manager did not support or properly train his employees. I took it upon myself to go in early and stay late to ask questions from another employee or train fellow employees. The manager has a really bad problem with staying on his phone all day and while customers are in the store. Its extremely hypocritical and needs to be stopped. I felt like I was never doing anything right while I worked there and the manager really didn't do anything to comfort or raise the spirits of their employees. All they cared about was money and felt no need to keep employees happy, knowing that there is always someone else. It was a really bad working experience.

Pros

Cons

long hours, managing the store all on your own, no breaks or bathroom breaks

Fun place to work but theres times where its too much

Average job ive had harder but this is just day in day out stuff that anyone with half a brain could do if you want to see if your fit for working work here it’s neutral

Pros

.15% discount

Cons

Wintertime

Productive and learning experience of multi-tasking as a working as a sole responsible person.

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.

Pros

Not much hard work

Cons

Sole responsibility to arrange the store

Dont waste your time

Avoid working here. Terrible company. They don't care about you. No benefits and poor pay. Youre lucky if you meet some cool coworkers and that is the only bonus of the job. Not flexible with schedule either and youre considered part time no matter how much you work which means your hours can get cut at any second. Went from 30 hours a week to 15 hours because it wasn't "busy" enough. No job security. Company won't even accommodate doctors notes. Youre expected to push sales on customers with no excuses and if you don't meet sales goals, you get written up.

Pros

Some nice coworkers

Cons

Poor pay, no benefits, terrible scheduling, long hours on your feet, no paid breaks, etc

Watching a sad decline. In what was once a great working environment. Store mgrs had control of their stores..

It can be a fun place to work depending on the situation. If your understaffed your overworked. And under an immense amount of stress. . If your store is a high volume store meaning foot, bike and auto traffic 1 person can't be expected to do the job a 3 man job can do. Lines should never reach the coolers. And people standing less than 6 ft. Especially during covid-19. Overall it's a good place.

Pros

Positive

Cons

Over worked over stressed. Waste, theft, understaffed.

Can be okay if you have good co workers

Working here can be a drag. There is way too much work for way to little hours. There is virtually no benefits unless you are senior sales or up. They did not introduce paid sick time untill the covid 19 pandemic happened. Who know if it will be staying after the pandemic is over. We had a dollar "appreciation" pay add to our pay for a couple month for being "essential" but management does not hesitate to let you know how replaceable you are. This job is only for people who are retired or students.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

No benefits, always under staffed, few hours

Was a great place to start and learn more things

It was my first job in Canada, was nice to work with professional people and learn from them. Custer service, dealing with customers and so many other things I learned during my employment with Circle K

Pros

Place where you deal with a lot of people everyday

Cons

It’s important what region you’re in

Upper management really dicks the managers at our stores. My manager is working for 12,75 with no benefits. He got forced into the position and offered little to no training for him. Truly disgusting !

Pros

You learn what you don’t want

Cons

See people get used.

Important work and valuable experience

Circle K is good for students who have no intention of staying with the company, or someone looking for a little bit of extra income. Getting benefits and reasonable wages or even a decent schedule was nearly impossible for most people working there. Overall I would say it’s a company with little to no future for most of its employees even though the work is valuable and potentially dangerous in a number of aspects. Hard working staff are under appreciated.

Pros

Nice enough coworkers and small rewards

Cons

No benefits for most employees, and no stable hours or schedule.

Show up and hangout.

I’ve been a cashier, supervisor, and assistant manager. Its hard to take this company seriously. Switched back to cashier after working my way up to assistant because I couldn’t stand to assist the manager anymore. Way too stressful, with too many responsibilities piled on top of each other. The higher management is seriously corrupt. They pray on those who show great work ethic, make promises to reward hard work, then rip the rug right from under you. MAJOR employee theft, and no one cares. It’s an easy way to make some money, if you can handle the co workers. But don’t take it too seriously. They’ll promise advancement, but in return they’ll want you to sign over your life for less than $13/hour.

Pros

Can transfer to different locations, paid weekly

Cons

Always standing, short staffed, poor training

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K