Circle K logo
Circle K

Circle K

Circle K Employee Review

It’s alright as a first job

I started at circle k right after turning 16, I enjoyed working there for a year but we were constantly understaffed so a lot of different roles were thrown onto employees with seniority so the job became stressful quickly. Promotions are not easily achieved and when they are the highest pay is only a couple dollars more than minimum wage for a lot more work and there are no employee health benefits, you only get a percentage off of purchases.

Pros

Discount on products and gas

Cons

Over worked most of the time

3.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Productive and learning experience of multi-tasking as a working as a sole responsible person.

Learning experience of management, customer service and inventory organization related functions. Dealing with different people is beneficial to grow communication and customer service skills.

Pros

Not much hard work

Cons

Sole responsibility to arrange the store
Same role

Can be okay if you have good co workers

Working here can be a drag. There is way too much work for way to little hours. There is virtually no benefits unless you are senior sales or up. They did not introduce paid sick time untill the covid 19 pandemic happened. Who know if it will be staying after the pandemic is over. We had a dollar "appreciation" pay add to our pay for a couple month for being "essential" but management does not hesitate to let you know how replaceable you are. This job is only for people who are retired or students.

Pros

You have a job

Cons

No benefits, always under staffed, few hours
Same roleSame location

Not great

the truck stop is poorly run and very much the manger hates on the younger generation, I would not recommend working here unless you are desperate. Not worth the stress.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K
2.4K
2.6K
1.3K
1.6K

2.9Job security/advancement

Compare Circle K with

• Circle K
  • It’s alright as a first job