Circle K logo
Circle K

Circle K

Circle K Employee Review

Circle K is a great place work, the culture is amazing and they are very accepting and inclusive. This is one company where I truly believe advancement is a priority. Many people in upper management went from CSR to store operator to market manager and beyond. It can be hard work but the people you work with make up for it 10 fold.

Pros

Conferences, work vehicle, stock options, great co workers, bonuses

Cons

Can be stressful

5.0Job security/advancement

Same role

Toxic Culture

When I started at Circle K Western Canada, we were a collaborative and highly engaged team. About 4 years in our VP changed and things went down hill fast. Our new VP was unprofessional, a total gossip, a bully, and ultimately had different standards depending on whether or not she liked you. She promoted her favourites including a Market Manager to Director of Ops that had an affair with a category assistant and covered up multiple scandals. This organization acts with zero integrity and does not value its people You will be forced to go against your own morals, treat people as commodities, and give up your personal life. Don’t be fooled by all the positive promises - they will break every single one.
Same role

Does not pay well.

I learned nothing new. They DONOT provide any training. They just expect results. They like to always talk from both sides of their mouth. Company does not provide discount. They will charge you for the vehicle that they provide you.

Pros

Nothing is free. They charge you to work with them.

Cons

Terrible team.

Don’t waste your time!

Been here for over a year, and I can tell you it’s not worth your time or effort. Doesn’t pay well either and gives you a lot of stress that’s not needed. You’re truly better off somewhere else that’s willing to pay you premium and you get yelled at for the most stupidest thing ever by customers and the boss of the location for absolutely nothing and they expect you to never make a mistake on top of everything.

Pros

There is no pros

Cons

Pay sucks, no premium for night shifts. And you work alone with no security or another person

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.5K