Circle K Employee Reviews

I was a cashier at circle k .
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2018
I like to do job at circle k but un fortunately my all shifts and night shifts are boring for me and I like to do work more rather than sitting in a corner.
It’s ok.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB13 May 2018
Working here has its ups and downs. It’s all really down to who you work with. It could be just so bad just because of the people because there’s not much to actually do here.
Pros
Flexible hours (usually)
Cons
Minimum wage
productive work place
Sales Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2018
It was very nice experience for me to deal with customers. Representatives usually work in an office setting, sharing a large room with other employees. As a result, the work area can be crowded and noisy. Some workers may be under pressure to answer a designated number of calls while supervisors monitor them for quality assurance. In addition, the work can sometimes be stressful when they have to interact with difficult or irate customers.
Organized and pleasent workplace
CSA (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS10 April 2018
I was happy working here. I followed procedures to do tasks required of the night shift. I would clean the floors all food and coffee equipment. I would serve customers with good manners and efficiency. I was responsible to record fuel amounts and report at a particular time in the morning. The hardest part of the job was picking up the duties of the evening shift and making sure the store was ready for the next shift.
Pros
Managing ones self and duties
Cons
Working under pressure alone.
Very friendly and productive environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
Great company, one of the best conveniences in Toronto area. Workers are all very friendly and kind, fast-paced work environment and everything is done to perfection. Everyone cooperates together very well and work always gets done no matter what circumstance.
I enjoyed working with others and getting to experience what it is like to work in an office and file papers, organize drawers etc...
Pros
provides coupons, food, lunches
Cons
long hours depending on position
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON16 March 2018
Fairly easy place to work, make good money. If you're looking for a part time job this is a great place to work. Just would not make it a full time, support you for life type of thing. 8 hour shifts can be boring but not bad.
Pros
free drinks
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB14 March 2018
I've been working with this company for a couple years now, it's the same thing everyday, but a good learning experience. If you're a people person, you should do just fine.
Pros
always work to be done
Cons
not enough hours
Good Place to work, easyily appliable
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 March 2018
This job gives a lot of world experience, communication skills and every day to day skills. It is a very easy job, as long as you are dedicated, can work hard and have fun.
Pros
experience you get
Cons
late shifts
Decent Place to Work but bad Area.
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 March 2018
You work Autonomously and practically run all the basic's of the store by yourself. You have the liberty to work at your own paste with the exception of having to serve customer when ever they come. At some locations the Jobs are unreliable since Circle K/Macs often clears out the staff when ever they lend the store to a private dealer. The Corporate locations are permanent until you quit or advance.

The Pay is minimum wage with a small increase for night workers. There is no 2 weeks vacation, or holidays but you are paid for 2 weeks vacation over time and pay extra on holidays you work. The Job Culture feels distant since social interaction with other employee's is limited. The work environment leaves little room for bad and abusive management. Due to the city, the store I work at sometimes has dangerous customers.
Pros
Work Autonomously, Sometimes Stable and reliable, Don't have to interact with other co-workers.
Cons
No extra days off other than weekends, Sometimes Dangerous Public, Employment can be really unreliable sometimes.
fun with working circle k
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 February 2018
circle k was my first job in Canada so that trained me a lot for working with a customer or any big management moreover their is a lot of fun with working circle k
customer service
Cashier and Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB23 February 2018
I was a cashier . I would also stock the coolers . change garbages , clean bathrooms , sweep floors . i learned how to manage a cash register , Operate Lottery Machines .
great staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Salisbury, NB20 February 2018
Circle k is a good place to work for there are so much for you to do so your not standing in the same place all the time during the whole shift, you can clean up pop and coffee stations, stock cups, and prep some food work there as well
Pros
discounts on gas, 20% in the store on any purches
Cons
over nights suck
the customers are what makes this job worth it.
Cashier, Customer (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB14 February 2018
This job is good for a stepping stone but advancement opportunities are slim to none and a lot of is required of you for minimum wage. such as propane, first aid, baking and customer service.
Pros
Customers, co workers.
Cons
no advancement, overworked.
Entreprises dynamique et innovatrice
Gerant (Current Employee) –  Verdun, QC29 January 2018
Chaque jounee est differente dans cette entreprise, ca commence par priorite des taches telle que lundi matin, c est la paie des employes, faire balancer les comptes et la lotterie, passer les commandes, recevoir les commandes, m assurer que les produits en Promotion sont bien étiqueté, que les employés ont bien fait leur travail,
Pros
Bonne couverture medicale
Cons
Salaire
Great management and co-workers
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  St. Stephen, NB16 January 2018
In a typical day at work I generally work the cash register. I also am tasked to do pricing of product and placing this product throughout the store. I learn something everyday. such as what to do with a gas pump failure to closing at the end of shift.
The management are very peasant and very fair to work with.
Not sure what you mean about workplace culture, but realize that Circle K is always looking to be in tune with what the customer wants and trying to make this happen.
The hardest part of this job is not having our schedules until a day or 2 prior to the beginning of the week. No time to schedule appointments, although the management are very accommodating with this.
The most enjoyable part of this job is inter-acting with the customers.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Not knowing your next week shifts ahead of time.
Loved the customers, management wasn't great.
Customer Service/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Glace Bay, NS27 December 2017
My hours were greatly deducted after nearly three years of working there. I couldn't sustain my life and its expenses, so I needed to leave in search of a more stable schedule, with more hours. I did enjoy working there, most times.
not that great....
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB29 October 2017
Not much training. Probably depends on what/when staff is needed. Was alone for nights, learned the routine... assistant manager a little too bossy, was yelled at a lot considering i was new... not a lot of training etc, was not paid a set amount of overnight premium, determined by amount of hours (probably percent wise...)
Pros
employee discount
Cons
long hours, no breaks (overnights), no overnight premuim
fun place to work
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Dieppe, NB23 October 2017
worked well around school schedule. did lots of activities outside of work. biggest con was not being able to call in sick-you must go in no matter what or you lose your job.
A lot of perks for the employees
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 October 2017
Nice Christmas parties and a lot of perks. People are very nice to work with. Company could improve salary and benefits to match with national average.
Fast paced, great manager, great staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Deer Lake, NL26 August 2017
Great place to work! Staff and management are the best! Sometimes head office expects too much for too little staff, hours etc. Fast-paced but can be fun!
Pros
Great boss, awesome staff, fun atmosphere

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K