Circle K

Canada354 reviews

Found 354 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,702 reviews
storecustomershiftstationcustomcashnightwage

Busy, fast paced

No time to get bored.Nice colleaguesFast paceGood coffeefree workout, gym membership is unnecessaryperfect for retireeflexible hoursnice customers for the most part

Pros

Time passes quickly

Cons

you might have one insane colleague that spoils things for the rest.

Salaire insufisant

Salaire trop bas pour le travail demander.et le poste de gérant es sous payer dépensé son propre argent pour aller travailler bénévole ces de labus

Insights into Circle K

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging
  • Overall satisfaction

Boring but stressful

I applied for the job because it was listed as cashier, not as cashier/janitor/food attendant/gas attendant/any other odd job management can find for you. $15 an hour is not cutting it for everything you have to do in even one hour, let alone an entire shift. Management is incredibly lazy and there is no set schedule, no breaks, and you never know when your shift is over until the last minute. Very unprofessional.The building was very messy and unsurprisingly it was my job to clean it all because management had auditors and upper management visits. Don't waste your time or effort here, it will cost you more to work here than you earn.

Pros

Free greasy food and soda pop.

Cons

Everything needs improvement.

Dysfunctional management with no regards for associates.

Join here only if you hate yourself.Management loves making money by exploiting their staff.Nobody gets paid on time.One needs to beg for their deserved pay.

Pros

Cons

Existence of this company.

High Stress Work Environment

Worked here for 3 years before & never had any problems. Under the new management though it's a joke. Very high stress atmosphere. The current manager creates alot of drama in the workplace. Constantly pitting employees against each other & trying to get certain long term employees fired for questioning his management skills. Payroll was screwed up every week that I worked there. I was also told that I was getting paid a certain amount when I started. That was a lie. Severely underpaid job. Impossible to live on the salary you get.

Close friends circle there. Unless you've known them for years, you'll be the odd one out.they like taking advantage of young hard working people, and blaming thefts on them. There are at least 4 call ins a week and at least 10 shift change per scheduled.Rude co workers and awful managment. Avoid if you can.

Pros

Paycheck

Cons

management

Unprofessional

Min wage, no benefits, expects way too much from you and poorly understaffed. Cut my hours with no notice whatsoever. Half the time is spent cleaning up after other employees that don't do their job and don't get reprimanded

Low pay with high expectations they will abuse and overwork you and give you nothing back in return

This job pays minimum wage. Its a dead end job no room for advancement. They expect the most out of you for the bare minimum in return.You're cashier, janitor, security, stocker all in one and the biggest worry for management and their bosses is that they hit their arbitrary metrics so they can get a bonus off your hard work.There are no benefits no health or dental and you receive no real raises. People have been working there for 2+ years and have are only making 15 to 20 cents above minimum.This is a company who has zero respect for you as an employee. You are replaceable you are a cog in a grossly abused machine.The only really good thing about this job is the people you work with and some of the regular customers.

Pros

Cons

Bad pay, no benefits, no room for advancement.

no rules

no rules , never work here . they just think about their company. they do not care about their workers. bad management with no respect to their employees

Very hectic

It was fun when I started but after sometime you have to work alone every shifts. No break at all. So much rush and don’t get time to go washroom sometimes.

Ok place to work

Working at Circle K was relaxed, and as long as you can handle all types of people with all types of personalities, you'll do just fine here, pay when I worked there wasn't the greatest, just minimum wage, but I believe it has improved slightly

Fun environment

It's a minimum wage job, the work is repetitive. The best part is your coworkers and my management was very accommodating. Discount is nice as well. Lots of availability to pick up shifts.

Pros

Discount and coworkers

Cons

Mundane

Well

Company is fine. Local management is a childish teen girl in a 35 yr old woman's body. Vindictive and incompetent. But knows how to appear essential to higher levels of management.

Kind of

It was fun while it lasted, but they have never helped to move forward. Having being there for 5 1/2 years, I have been treated unfairly, and becareful who you trust in that company because there very.little close to none.

Good job but doesn’t compensate enough for what us csr’s have to put up with.

Please pay CSR’s more than minimum wage.We not only managed the store but have to deal with customers which can be especially difficult in certain areas with higher crime rates. Even more difficult for over night employees.

Not a bad place

Not a bad place to work . Good place to work . But pay is not enough for the risk and responsibility you take to. Be honest. .

Perfect place to interact with customers

Salary is minimal not enough to survive . One person at store all the time. No enough benefits from company. Not perfect for people who don’t wanna dealing with customers. All the time chance get robbed or shop lifting on store.

Not much physical work, but stressful.

Check the cars at gas pumps before authorizing them to pump gas. Workplace culture depends on the management since each is managed by different a person. Nothing much enjoyable, the only good part is this is one of those minimum wage paying jobs where you don't have to do any physical hard work.

Good jobs for freshers

Talking about my experience at Circle K was good, made lots of new friends, improved my customer service with professionalism. Worked at fast-paced environment. It’s good if you are looking to startup your own business. There is always something to learn from your every job whether it was good or bad experience with owner or a franchise. They pay you minimum wage, no additional benefits.

It’s a very good place to work I learnt alot from circle k and I love to interact with people and providing them best customer service

I feel so comfortable working in circle k. I usually work alone that’s what I really like also I really like to talk to customers and providing them the best customer service

Pros

Free coffee and learn something new every day

Cons

No break time

Good place to work for a students or retirees

Good job to get experience working with the public.. Start at minimum wage, with little or no raise, no benefits, huge turnover. Store discounts are quite good . Not a job for a career minded person

Pros

Store discounts

Cons

Wages are low, and raises are slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.8 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement