Circle K

Circle K Employee Reviews

Canada264 reviews
Working at Circle K could be fun at times but usually it is fast-paced if you're working alone. If working with a co-worker it is actually fun working here. You get discounts on food service products they have and get to have a flexible schedule with them too!
Management yelled at staff. Gave credit for work done to others. Showed favoritism to staff. Wouldn't communicate issues and try to be a team. Management lied and passed the blame to staff members. Management passed off the work load unfairly so they wouldn't have to deal with things they didn't want to. Then lied to the marketing manager when things went wrong like lack of product. Hired too many staff then took away hour ls from staff promised the hours. Then started rearranging people's shifts without notice.
Cons
Management is disrespectful
Great work life balance . Circle K give us a chance to learn new skills and help us to knowing his products which improves customer satisfaction. at last nice place to work and learn new skills
Manager is great takes care of her employees. Worked in full serve and full time. Only complaint is the other 2 people don't really do anything and they just kinda have to be asked a couple times to help me do something for their shift. Haven't had any other issues though everybody is friendly, get paid weekly. It gets really cold in the winter but she let's you come inside and warm up is grab a hot drink
Pros
Friendly staff, paid weekly, get rewarded every so often if good job is done ( baked goods, maybe pizza)
Cons
For full serve the cold winters and no benefits unless part of the management team
I am learning so much. Meeting so many people from all around the city. It’s amazing. I would definitely recommend someone working here as it is a place where you can develop a sense of responsibility towards the business and run it like it is your own business.
At least they're honnest about it. The management really depend of who is managing the place you work. As for myself, I had two managers while I worked there, I loved them both, but there was someone who managing the managers and she was simply horrible, making everyone feels like we were nothing in the entreprise. It's a good temporary job tho, as they have a lot of benefits and can transfer you if you need it. The only real thing I hated about this place was that as a assistant manager you were paid 1$ more than the minimal salary and as a night clerk you were paid 2$ more, wich doesn't make sense to me.
Pros
Good temporary job, a lot of advantages.
Cons
You can't call sick, most of the time.
Paid weekly & easy job, just all depends on the store really. Other stores can be easier then others. Lots to do when you go from cooking to floor work to cash as well, you never get bored
You are promised many things with in the company but nothing follows through. The turn over within each store and the company it self is ridiculous. I have enjoyed my time here but it is not a place for long term employment
Pros
Fast paced, friendly customers
Cons
Management changing constantly no one works as a team
Unfair salary
No bonuses to employee who do night shifts

No benifits

More tasks

0% security

Should give employe benifits

So that they can work good
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Unfair salary
Fast paced , less pay
Check your change... They tend to short you a lot!!!!!!! And very often!!!!!!! Plus there not very friendly, I'll be giving my business elsewhere from now on.. even though I live 2min from there.
very good place to work, though stressful, and fast-paced, its an easy job. but there are certain coworkers that are not worth the job to be working at because its hard on your mental health. the managers are amazing! so is day staff! but night staff isn't.
Pros
free pop or coffee, 40 minute break, discount
Cons
back to back shifts, horrible coworkers
boring no pros at all did not like the environment allthough the manager was good. i pay was not satisfactory and did not impress me and my lifestyle.
Amazing place to work at,i really like the location of the store very good staff. timely salaries no delays at all. enjoye working there. thank you so much cirkle k.
Pros
good location
Cons
nothing
I want to work here again
It was the best workplace i have ever worked before.

I really miss working here and would love to join back.

Staff and management always helped and worked nicely.
one of my worst job. you hate your job. they give you too much work to complete even you are tired after completing night shift they will call you to inform that you didn't complete this work.
As a store assistant at circle k, the store in the downtown is a bit more crowded and needs to be handled with care and had to watch each and every person walk in and walk out with the stuff they actually paid with or not. Many things I learned here is the management and the customer handling experience in a unique way. The hardest part of the job is to do all the tasks one-handedly and the whole store is under one person at a time.
Worked there for a few years, it was hard because not a lot of people took it seriously, so you’d end up working more than you wanted too. Definitely was hard to have a life outside of work. High paced environment when we had busses, unsure what it is like now
Typical shift: 5 to 8 hour shift.

Supportive management

Teamwork - at least two staff working during day shifts

Very busy gas bar area, and convenience store.
Pros
have scheduled breaks
Employees can get flexible hours and the management is supportive.
The Company policies are very strict when it comes to customer service and food safety.
I was lucky enough to get a job the very next day I landed in Canada. so first job remains special for you. I worked there for a year and half. was great working with those people. I have learnt a penny from there.
To greet every customer even if they don't care. I learnt never to trust anyone and tell them frankly especially to those who don't bring their ID to buy smokes. The management is fantastic and culture is great. The hardest part of the job was dealing with toxic customers. Talking with polite customers made my day