Circle K Employee Reviews

no fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON4 September 2018
it was very good place for me because I was new to Canada I could learn in there and the hardest part of my job was night shift so that's why it was a little hard
Productive and cooperative co workers
Cashier/Merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Greater Napanee, ON24 August 2018
Working at Circle K is an experience. I get to socialize with people of different cultures and learn from them. The management makes sure to meet its goal and maintain good relationship with the employees. The job is easy and straightforward once you get used to it. The hardest part is dealing with customers who are very persistent on what they believe is right. However, most customers are very understanding as well as the other employees who are willing to help and guide me upon starting working at the store
Pros
free drinks, flexible schedule
Ok job
Customer Service Representative (Part time) (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON14 August 2018
Great for school goers as a part time job. No growth or career advancement. will have to deal with some really bad customers. No fixed breaks. Night shifts are fun
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Rude customers
A good company but could use some technology upgrades
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sussex, NB26 July 2018
All computers are from before 2005 making things very slow when trying to assist customers.

Most of the day consists of cleaning the store and restocking shelves.

My co-workers were very nice and respectful teaching me the ropes.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Have to stand at all times, cant sit until break.
always busy, managment wasnt great.
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Shelburne, ON23 July 2018
manager was never putting schedual how people would ask, so 2 people would work during massive rushes. You get written up for no reasoning. only hired people who had connections with the people on the inside already working. coworkers were nice, some very rude.
Pros
Close to home
Cons
Managment
Productive and fun to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 June 2018
- Arranging the stocks and checking the expiry
- Making fresh coffee every couple of hours
- Best management
- Hardest part is to deal with angry customers
- Giving a great customer service to the customers
Pros
Free Coffee
was fun at workplace and had experienced a lot.
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON2 June 2018
working at circle k was fun and i have learned that how to interact with peoples.i came to know how how money was earned by hard working in the store.
Pros
can interact with more peoples
Cons
no cons
Learned a lot
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Yarmouth, NS1 June 2018
I learned a lot about myself while at this job. I also gained new skills which will be useful in the workplace. I also learned that it wasn't the place for me to work for the rest of my life.
Laid back
Gas Station Attendant (Former Employee) –  Garlands Crossing, NS25 May 2018
It was a very laid back environment, the manager was very understanding and easy to communicate with. Only negative was the lack of shifts given. Not a bad place to work.
Good place to do part time work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON22 May 2018
circle k stores have basically three shift i.e morning, evening, night shift. from this, we learned about customers service, receive delivery of different food brand.
I was a cashier at circle k .
CASHIER (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON15 May 2018
I like to do job at circle k but un fortunately my all shifts and night shifts are boring for me and I like to do work more rather than sitting in a corner.
It’s ok.
Cashier and Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Dieppe, NB13 May 2018
Working here has its ups and downs. It’s all really down to who you work with. It could be just so bad just because of the people because there’s not much to actually do here.
Pros
Flexible hours (usually)
Cons
Minimum wage
productive work place
Sales Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON11 April 2018
It was very nice experience for me to deal with customers. Representatives usually work in an office setting, sharing a large room with other employees. As a result, the work area can be crowded and noisy. Some workers may be under pressure to answer a designated number of calls while supervisors monitor them for quality assurance. In addition, the work can sometimes be stressful when they have to interact with difficult or irate customers.
Organized and pleasent workplace
CSA (Former Employee) –  New Minas, NS10 April 2018
I was happy working here. I followed procedures to do tasks required of the night shift. I would clean the floors all food and coffee equipment. I would serve customers with good manners and efficiency. I was responsible to record fuel amounts and report at a particular time in the morning. The hardest part of the job was picking up the duties of the evening shift and making sure the store was ready for the next shift.
Pros
Managing ones self and duties
Cons
Working under pressure alone.
Very friendly and productive environment
Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 April 2018
Great company, one of the best conveniences in Toronto area. Workers are all very friendly and kind, fast-paced work environment and everything is done to perfection. Everyone cooperates together very well and work always gets done no matter what circumstance.
I enjoyed working with others and getting to experience what it is like to work in an office and file papers, organize drawers etc...
Pros
provides coupons, food, lunches
Cons
long hours depending on position
Not bad
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Jarvis, ON16 March 2018
Fairly easy place to work, make good money. If you're looking for a part time job this is a great place to work. Just would not make it a full time, support you for life type of thing. 8 hour shifts can be boring but not bad.
Pros
free drinks
fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Quispamsis, NB14 March 2018
I've been working with this company for a couple years now, it's the same thing everyday, but a good learning experience. If you're a people person, you should do just fine.
Pros
always work to be done
Cons
not enough hours
Good Place to work, easyily appliable
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB13 March 2018
This job gives a lot of world experience, communication skills and every day to day skills. It is a very easy job, as long as you are dedicated, can work hard and have fun.
Pros
experience you get
Cons
late shifts
Decent Place to Work but bad Area.
Store Clerk (Current Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON9 March 2018
You work Autonomously and practically run all the basic's of the store by yourself. You have the liberty to work at your own paste with the exception of having to serve customer when ever they come. At some locations the Jobs are unreliable since Circle K/Macs often clears out the staff when ever they lend the store to a private dealer. The Corporate locations are permanent until you quit or advance.

The Pay is minimum wage with a small increase for night workers. There is no 2 weeks vacation, or holidays but you are paid for 2 weeks vacation over time and pay extra on holidays you work. The Job Culture feels distant since social interaction with other employee's is limited. The work environment leaves little room for bad and abusive management. Due to the city, the store I work at sometimes has dangerous customers.
Pros
Work Autonomously, Sometimes Stable and reliable, Don't have to interact with other co-workers.
Cons
No extra days off other than weekends, Sometimes Dangerous Public, Employment can be really unreliable sometimes.
fun with working circle k
customer service representative (Former Employee) –  North Bay, ON27 February 2018
circle k was my first job in Canada so that trained me a lot for working with a customer or any big management moreover their is a lot of fun with working circle k

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Circle K. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K