Cintas Pay & Benefits reviews

Found 48 reviews matching the search See all 3,202 reviews
Service Sales Representative (SSR) (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON19 June 2019
I worked at the plant in etobicoke for nearly 2 yrs and only left because I moved home. I loved my time there. Great bunch of lads to work with. Really supportive management team. Great opportunities to earn extra money through promos etc. I would strongly recommend Cintas to anyone.
Pros
Positive work environment
Cons
Job can be physically demanding at times
Worst place Ive ever worked for. Poor management.
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, ON11 June 2019
Too many chiefs and not enough Indians. Pay is ok but nothing to write home about. Tend to hire people only to have them quit or get fired in their 3 months. New employees Don't last and management is a joke. They like to brag how great the company is but by far the worst company I have ever worked for. Only thing keeping there is the steady shift in on. If you like to work with over 3 quarters of east indians who all like to be boss then this is your fit. Keep to yourself and keep you head done and pray they don't fire you in the 3 months after that the so called union is suppose to help you. Good luck. I hate it.
Pros
Free low quality benefits steady shifts
Cons
East Indians and worst management ever
No Complaints
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  London, ON3 June 2019
No complaints. I come in and do my job and go home. Some whinny co-workers and certain co-workers think they own the place and like to stir up rumors but that is like any other place. The benefits are excellent and you do not pay into them. The company pays into your benefits. Any time I had issues I addressed them with management and they have been resolved. No complaints working here.
Benefits
Cons
Whinny workers.
Very Discriminative
Field Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 April 2019
Not good people the company is progressing but management is very discriminative. Pretty much if you're of color with any hair on your or face or head they will not accept you not saying that its something that happened to me but I've seen it happen with my own 2 eyes. Management are living like they're slave masters and I think its time for a revolution.. Everyone deserves a fair chance but when you come to think about some companies are just a joke and waste of time like this one
Pros
compensation plus hourly pay
Cons
discrimative racist
Management has no respect
Loader/Unloader (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 April 2019
If I could give management 0 stars I would. Pathetic "company" that only cares about it's office workers and treats the 'real workers' the production team like refugees. I would describe the vibe in this warehouse as gloomy, just a bunch of dejected souls. Office workers come to work with fake smiles. But they think buying us pizza every now and then will make us happy. The loading job is not worth the money and the unloading job is even worse(filthy work). There's rare appreciation for the hard work we did. If you plan on moving forward in life, do not apply for this job. No raises, you'll get paid the same measly wages forever. You can't even report things to HR with confidence. Supervisors only care about there own jobs and are scared to defend us workers to management. Loaders get blamed for everything that goes wrong with the drivers. The drivers at this company run the show, just remember that. Overall it's a sad place to be at.
Pros
Cons
Never appreciated
Good steady employment
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 March 2019
There is opportunity to advance though it is difficult. You have the opportunity to make a salary relative to your output. The base is ok and if you do the minimal work you will be fine. It takes alot of hard work to become a top earner
Pros
Not alot of micromanaging
Cons
Management only mostly helpful
the rating says it all
Utility I (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB27 February 2019
nice work place, safe to work in, the company is very good with the benefits but just the management need to improve a lot especially with handling people
Outside sales representative ....
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 January 2019
Being a sales representative for over 5 years here is what I've experienced.

Sales managers are mandated to interview 3 new people a week even when they are not hiring. Keeps potential good new hires guessing if they are going to get a job.
Poor compensation pay
Targets in sales unrealistic to hit PC
To get promoted you need to pretend everything is great and that you have the best job in the world
Sales salary below standard.
3rd paycheck of every month in sales in almost zero
Need to rely on the competency of your Sales manager to approve expenses on time or you get a zero paycheck every 3rd week.
Sales schedule start at 7:30a - 5pm
Managers only look at the sales numbers and when top performers stop producing they ignore and go to next rep who is the flavour of the week.
Service reps are told by managers to short customers and to throw additional items or products on a bill to grow the business without client knowing.
Huge Price increases over CPI and hope customer doesn't notice.
Cintas bought a major competitor in North America which impacts selling new business
If you are a top performer and want to move to a different division outside your current role they will hold you back and make your job harder. You are as good as your last week.

To become part of this prestigious cult you need to wear a Black or navy suit, white shirt and blue or red tie and clean shaven .

Cintas has constant production and supply issues in which make selling impossible.
Pros
Good ongoing training and benefits .
Cons
Preach a work life balance but expect 24/7 Cintas
Fun but overloaded
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 December 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is working with great people side by side. The hardest part is the tremendous workload. Not enough employees to complete the task. Unable to speak freely on how to make your processes more efficient. Systems are archaic. Young management team is not experienced enough thus creating a lot of unnecessary problems based upon trial and error methodology. It is a shame...such a big company they will say it's confidence but actuality they are full of arrogance.
Pros
Great coworkers
Cons
Salary is very low, and Management needs to understand the business in each dept to be more successful
Amazing place to work. Easily the best company I ever worked for.
Service Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON11 October 2018
From the salary to the 4 day work week to the free benefits to monthly lunches and most importantly the amazing people that made everyday working there one of the most enjoyable work experiences of my life. You'll be hard pressed to find a better work environment with a first-class organization that really cares for their employees (and shows it everyday) like Cintas. I worked at the south Etobicoke location for almost a year but had to leave for personal reasons. Otherwise, I would proudly still be working and looking to retire there.
Yes, the job of a Service/Sales Rep at Cintas is not an easy one, but everybody in management including other SSR's, always have your back. It is a very physical job but trust me, you get used to it. If you can get your foot in the door, stay there. You won't find a better group of people to work with.
Pros
the people, 4 day work week, support from management, free lunches
Cons
pros far outweigh the cons
Hypocrite
Accounts Receivable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2018
The company is made to look like it cares about it's employees. Like: you are "asked" to take breaks but there is too much work that you have no time. Too much pressure at work.
Pros
co-workers are great
Cons
low pay, high expectation
Place just got worst
Journalier (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
I don't know where to start. After 10 years i am now looking for a job. The management is a joke. They make empty promises to push you to work harder.

I have seen so much unethical b.s happening and so much shrugging problems off.

Management doesn't listen to suggestion unless it comes from their peers. The same suggestion i made was approved months after i made it because a fellow manager just thought of it.

It's too bad because i could have spent my whole life working for them. I am a very dedicated employee.

Plant management should have gotten replaced when cintas took over.
Pros
Decent salary, insurance.
Cons
Management, heat, bad air flow, 10 hours shifts.
A/R Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 July 2018
Work load is huge compared to the amount of hours you have to complete your tasks

Salary is not enough for the amount if work expected

Corporate culture is good. Health and safety and sprint days are always fun
Pros
Lots of employee lunches and bbq’s
Cons
High work load not enough help
Great Culture
Administrative Assistant (2010) (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
If you are looking for a company that believes in work hard, play hard, you have come to the right place. This is a fast pace, high reward company. Cintas will invest their time in training and developing you to be a great employee and future leader.
Pros
Culture, Benefits, Training
Cons
Parking
Great Company to Work for
Regional Healthcare Manager (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON14 June 2018
Cintas will take the time to teach you and make you feel confident in yourself and your career........................................................
Pros
excellent compensation and benefits
Great people, simple job
Fleet Driver (Former Employee) –  North York, ON1 June 2018
Decent job, pay and benefits were ok for the time I was working.

People got along pretty well and I always had a fun day when going to work.

Management was pretty good
was good
Inventory Control Clerk (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 May 2018
it was good place to work the very friendly and family orientated great hours and it is monday to friday and paid weekly it was a good place to work and recomend
Good workplace culture with a focus on quality
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON25 April 2018
Cintas was a wonderful place to work when it came to working with people that I knew cared about me and were relationally friendly. While the hours were quite unorthodox, for someone that works well at night the hours would be fantastic.
Pros
Good management and co-worker relations
Cons
Unusual Hours
Great Culture!
Service Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Brandon, MB1 April 2018
Cintas is definitely the best Company that I have been associated with. Very professional. Great benefits, great people. Very partner oriented and very accessible maagement.
Great company to work for.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON11 December 2017
Cintas is truly an amazing company to work for. You have absolute job security and there are various opportunities you could advance to or move around to. In sales especially, the pay is incredible. You have base salary, commissions, and quarterly bonuses. They definitely reward and appreciate your hard work. You are always taken care of.

Unfortunately, at my location in particular, I have to say, the culture was awful. Lots of negative, cruel team-mates, who made going to work dreadful. Constant back-stabbing and no sense of teamwork whatsoever. Aside from these toxic people, the company itself is definitely a good one.
Pros
Excellent pay
Cons
Awful co-workers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Cintas. Our community is ready to answer.